“Amazing staff”
Review of Thracia Hotel

Thracia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Great location , Clean rooms and big , but the staff are really helpful and amazing, I have done Mount Musala the classical route ( 10.5 hours hike) , my feet needed some attention , the receptionist ( I did not get his name ) could not explain to me exactly how to get the the specialist, so what he did he TOOK me there , Amazing

Room Tip: 204 was a very big
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Majman66

Reviewed 6 August 2012

A few of us stayed in this hotel for a weekend whilst sightseeing in Sofia. We paid 60 Euro per room including breakfast.
This new hotel is ideally situated just outside the centre of town. Reception was efficient and very friendly. My room was large and very well appointed with a comfortable king sized bed and a great shower. Everything was spotless. Breakfast was fantastc with a great assortment of cereals, yoghurt, breads and hot savouries (including english sausages !). I would definitely re-visit.
Overall, a great hotel and fantastic value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I couldn't fault any part of my stay.

The rooms were all modern, spotlessly clean & very comfortable and the shower in particular was excellent!

The location was perfect for the central attractions and main streets in Sofia.

The staff were polite and helpful, offering advice when required and assistance with things such as restaurant reservations and taxi bookings. We didn't eat in the hotel so I am unable to comment on the food, but the bar staff in the lobby bar were very polite and helpful.

In summary if I were to return to Sofia I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else, I would stay again at the BW Thracia Sofia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jon D
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was surprised at how lovely this hotel is, the service industry in Sofia still needs to grow and learn the customer oriented approach, however this hotel matches the best standards. Service is great, breakfast totally amazing, rooms large and spacious, location of course depends what you need to do in Sofia, but I found it very close to everything that I needed. I highly recommend it,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KristineGarina
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Everything and more you could ask for at a reasonable rate :
Perfect location on an exclusive quiet side st. yet right in the center.
Dgent sized rooms,high quality furniture & fixtures,5*bathroom,excellent bedding, flat screen TV, free WiFi,spotless clean and a wonderful buffet or
a la carte FREE breakfast attended by smiling waitresses !
The lobby and lobby bar are unpretentious in size or offerings yet adequate.
The Thracia is amoung the best 4* city hotels and I will definitly return
on my next visit ti Sofia.

Room Tip: All rooms are decent sized and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ed l
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for these nice words, we really appreciate your review as this keeps us going in the right direction!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The BW Thracia hotel is in a quiet street just off Vitosha Boulevard, so perfect for exploring the central shopping areas of Sofia.

Our room (402) had a very large comfortable double bed. There's no wow factor to the hotel, but it was clean and very satisfactory.

Our air conditioner wasn't working and when I called the front desk (after not believing me at first) they sent someone up to fix it. He was quick and efficient.

Breakfast came free with our room and was substantial. They had cereals, fruit, cured meats, smoked salmon, cheeses, eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, breads/croissants, cakes, juices, coffee/teas and a couple of other things I can't remember.

There were 2 waitresses in the breakfast room (they looked like twins, but weren't) who were very professional and courteous and delivered service with a smile. The rest of the hotel staff could learn a lot from these two. Other staff members were sometimes a little cold and unapproachable.

Would definitely stay there again if I find myself in Sofia, though Les Fleurs Hotel looks equally appealing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at the Sofia Hotel for a total of three nights. The hotel was all that we hoped for. A wonderful location. Very quiet for Sofia. Terrific full breakfast. Helpful hotel staff. Maps available for those staying at the hotel. A comfortable bed and a wonderful rain shower. The hotel was spotless and provided comfortable pillows. The hotel room (and possibly the entire hotel) is non-smoking so it seemed fresh. The air conditioner workd. The TV was a flat screen and got some english speaking channels.

We had stayed at the hotel on arrival in Sofia before doing a 2 week group tour which utilized a different Sofia hotel. We had booked a different hotel for the return but after enjoying our stay at the Best Western, we decided to cancel that reservation and stay again at the Best Western.

The price is reasonable and this proved to be a very good value. It is within easy walking distance of many of the city sights. Just a block away is a pedestrian street that has many restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel.

On the way into Sofia, we took the number 84 bus from the airport. This lands approximately 15 minutes walking from the hotel. We had some difficulty walking with our oversized bags because the sidewalks of Sofia are largely cobblestone and have a lot of divits. On the return, we took an OK cab back to the airport largely because we had a very early morning flight. At that hour there was no traffic so the total cost of the cab to the airport was 12 lev including tip. I think it can be quite a bit more during high traffic hours. In any event, make sure that the cab driver uses the meter and OK Taxi has a very good reputation for fairness.

I highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if we were to return to Sofia.

Room Tip: We booked this hotel on the Best Western website and took the senior discount. They also offer AAA.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple