“Ketchup and Koefte”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I visited this restaurant recently on a business trip.
since I am frequently travelling to Istanbul I wanted to try the tasty Turkish cuisine in sofia.
we had a soup, cheese plate, salat, turkis bread and meatballs.
all the food did not come close to what you can get in Istnabul even on the street.

The lentil soup had no taste at all (missing cumin and all these oriental spices)
The bread was stuffed with siiem kind of salami and was not fresh.
The worste quality was the meat: the meat balls were more boiled instead of grilled and were covered by a sauce that looked like ketchup.
The taste itself leaded to the point that the minced meat was not fresh as it had some spoiled taste.
we did not to ate this.
after receiving the bill I refused to give tip as (the tip claim came from the waiter!) I told the waiter that I was not satisfied with the food. He said take a look; the restaurant is full.
Yes true! But there were no turks and there are so many prominent fast food chains that are full as wel!!
I have to say that good ratings are somehow missleading!

1  Thank toerless3

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Turquoise is a tipical turkish restaurant. We've been there before 1 month ago, so didn't go inside, but the garden is really nice. The food is delicious, but a little bit expensive for bulgarian standart. Anyway - every spended lev is for a reason! :) The service is on top! Definetely recommended it!

2  Thank Bambina_03
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Good food and nice atmosphere too, but high prices for bulgarian standarts and this type of food. One simple diner for two people is between 40 to 50lv./25euro. In this price I include one salad, one meal, bread and two soft drinks. For example on most places this same diner is between 25-30lv./15euro.

3  Thank mns86vn
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A party of 5 of us ate at this restaurant and what a feast it was! We had an assortment of starters, from humus to pastrami and various salads as well as a huge plate of mixed grill, breads, god I cant remember it all! We drank Yeni Raki with our dinner and finished it all off with some amazing sweets, and Turkish coffee. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

One of our favourite restaurants here. Whether with friends or just us with our kids we've always enjoyed it. The food is great and you can have a real feast (eyes too big for your stomach style) for reasonable money......and bring the leftovers home for that delicious 'second tasting' breakfast or lunch next day!

1  Thank JimReynolds