“From another decade!!”

Ranked #13 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Nicosia, Cyprus
“From another decade!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The hotel was situated in the center of the city and you could visit the historic centre on foot.The only problem was the parking that was expensive in front of the hotel.The rooms were big enough to live a family in,and the service perfect.The restaurant had excellent sweets.I would easily visit again the specific hotel with a decor that makes you travel in past not only the interior but the exterior decor of the hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time taken to share such positive impressions from your recent stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan and to assure you that we very much appreciate your comments.

I was really happy to read that you enjoy our services and facilities and that all members of our staff make your experience in our hotel a memorable one. Such positive comments stimulate us to continue do our best in order to fulfill and indeed exceed our guests’ expectations.

We are thankful that you choose to stay with us and we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back, next time when your travels bring you to Sofia.

Gerasimos Perdikaris,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reading
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on Business. Despite booking 6 weeks in advance was told the room booked was not available. However stood my ground and Manager upgraded to a suitable room. Nice decor throughout hotel. room cleaning could be better, items used not replaced, coffee/shampoo etc. Price for location is very good. Breakfast OK, but could do with a healthy cereal option. Suprised to find a "Nightclub" in a Sheraton hotel, but not a problem.
All told a pleasant stay

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our services and facilities during your recent stay in the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

In reference with your comments about the room cleaning and supplies, and the breakfast, I would like to assure you that I have taken notes and addressed the mentioned issues to the concerned departments for immediate reaction and has ensured that special attention is paid.

I am thankful that you chose to stay with us, and I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel next time your travels bring you to Sofia.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions over the past 6 years. The location is very central - within walking distance of Sofia's many restaurants and cafe's. It's a very traditional hotel - the rooms come in many shapes and sizes, with some very large suites which is useful for Starwood Platinum members, as they almost always upgrade.

The staff are veruy friendly, especially Nelly on reception who really gores the extra mile to sort out any problems. English newspapers are available each day. There is a lounge woth free drinks for plat members on the 2nd floor.

The gym is quite poor - one drawback - a small room with basic machines and no windows. There is a casino and a strip club in the hotel if thats your thing. The casino is nothing special (the one at the Radisson is MUCH better - only 5 minute walk away) and the strip club is very expensive (if thats your thing go to Velvet club - 5 mins in a cab - much cheaper indeed and a great choice of services)

The restaurants are fine and functional, but frankly given Sofia's fine choice one may want to walk to something better and cheaper nearby.

The only other place to stay really is the Hilton. This is slightly more expensive, is less central but slightly better for the airport, has a better restauarant and gym, but for me is too modern and impersonal. I prefer the Sheraton any day.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Davey S
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations. Thank you for finding the time to also compliment our associates and be sure that we will pass your comments to them.
In our hotel we strive daily for excellent customer care and through very intensive staff training we aim to consistently exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

I would like to note you that we already took into consideration your comments.
It is indeed in our plans in the following months to improve the quality in our Health Club and I sincerely hope that during your next stay with us we will meet your expectations concerning the fitness facilities. Therefore I would like kindly to accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your last stay with us.

We are thankful that you choose to stay with us and we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time when your travels bring you to Sofia.

Looking forward to host you soon!

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I used Sheraton hotel for second, visiting Sofia for business purposes. The location of the hotel is perfect, just in the heart of the city.

Very Good and big rooms, recently renovated with extra large beds and very convenient bathrooms, will all nessecary accessories.

The personnel was very friendly, the cleanning service very good, although the ladies in the morning sometimes forget to knock the door of wait of a reply. Nothing so annoying though.

The only problem I had was the poor breakfast and in general the restricted food choices. In general I could easily insist the hotel, especially to those are in business trips to Bulgaria

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank micnk
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay again in our hotel and to express my great pleasure reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

In reference with your suggestion about our breakfast variety, I would like to assure that I have already paid a special attention regarding your comment and I fully believe that next time when your travels bring you to Sofia we will meet your expectations.

Thank you once again for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcome you again at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel is very convenient when you need to go around. I was there two weeks ago and it was really cold outside., something like -20 degrees. The guys at the reception helped me with getting some parcels delivered and savd me time outside.
The room was really big and facing the yard. The beds are very nice and comfortable. I had just once breakfast and it was very nice. My colleague had her birthday while at the hotel and they have prepared a cake and surprise gift. Very touchy.

Room Tip: The rooms to the yeard are quite and have view to a small church.
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and feelings regarding your memorable stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Looking forward to host you soon.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am just coming back home from a trip to Sofia. I was there for a meeting and my friends advised to stay at Sheraton. I could say this is a great place with very comfortable rooms and good restaurant. The restaurant is small but very cozy and you may have chat with the girls there. Good recommendations for the food.
The bed is superb and I had really good rest. I had a room on fourth floor and there was a balcony with open windows. Really good to have some fresh air.
The reception are excellent and helping a lot with lots of things. They even assisted with my lost luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony and view to the church. Rally nice.
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time taken to share such a positive impressions from your recent stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan and to assure you that we very much appreciate your comments.

Turkey, İzmir
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Wrting this email from my hotel room (room number 232) on February 23, 2012. Room is very large and confortable. Staff are helpful, price and location is extremly good but breakfast is moderate. Although nowadays world ski championship is going on near by Sofia (1 hour away from Sofia) price of accomodation is very reasonable for five star hotel.

Room Tip: do not stay in 232. room is very large and nice but noisy due to its location to the elevator.
2 Thank indianbungee
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you for your time taken to write your positive comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed the services at our hotel and that our employees have made your stay an enjoyable one.

Your positive comments will stimulate our staff to maintain and even exceed the excellent quality of service and I thank you once more.

Looking forward to host you soon.