“GREAT”

Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Tirana, Albania
“GREAT”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I loved the hotel. Such a great hotel with spacious and clean rooms, excellent staff and delicious breakfast. Everything about it is so welcoming. The staff is so polite and ready to offer their assistance. I enjoyed the standards of Maria Luisa!

Room Tip: Room 302 is a very nice one
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is situated on a main street of Sofia. But despite of this the rooms are very quiet. My sister and her husband had a room overlooking the main street but they had no problems with noise. The only thing that they heard was the gentle rumbling of the tram.
Rooms are clean, the towels are changed every day and they have a nice, clean smell to them. The staff are very friendly and courteous. We were leaving the hotel at 07:30, the time the restaurant opens for breakfast, but they opened the restaurant at 07:00 so that we can get breakfast before we leave. I have been around a lot, but never had a hotel restaurant opened for us before opening time.
The view out of our window was a small garden that is shared by some residents, not a grand site BUT who is going to look out of the window when one is on holiday?
Price wise very moderate. I'd recommend this hotel, if we go back to Sofia, we will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lawrence M
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The fact is I barely managed to enter the hotel. I had booked a room online, confirmed the booking and started my journey towards Sofia. Just when I was arriving I received a phone call from the hotel, telling me that there was a problem with my room, which had become unavailable (they did not want to tell me what had happened), they didn't have any other, so I could not stay in their hotel. Imagine how nice it feels to find yourself for the first time in a foreign city, at 6 PM, with no accomodation.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IonutB

Travellers are raving about these Sofia hotels

Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed twice at the Maria Luisa with my adult daughter. Rooms were excellent with all the usual conveniences. Breakfasts were well above average, and the coffee shop Bulgarian menu was all one could ask for. The hotel is in an excellent location in Centrum, within easy walking distance of several of the main tourist sights of Sofia. It's on a tramline and 50 metres from a major taxi rank as well. The stand-out feature was the friendly service. On our last morning we had to leave at 7:00am to catch an Istanbul flight. When we were checking out, the desk girl said "We knew you were leaving early, and breakfast is included in the room price, so we made you a breakfast to take with you." She handed over two chic little bags with ham and cheese sandwiches, orange juice, and an apple! It beat the usual overpriced airport breakfast.

Room Tip: ASk for the room on the thirds floor with a balcony: great city square view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I just returned from Sofia and stayed at the Maria Luisa Hotel. I found it on Hotel.com. We had a lovely suite, the staff were very friendly and attentive, and the Hotel is a landmark in the City. The price was so reasonable compared to nice hotels in the US. We will definitely stay there again when we travel to Sofia.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Suite. It is definitely worth it if you are staying for more than a night...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Chisinau
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Perfect location! Friendly and helpfull stuff but rooms are quite small. If you're late for breakfast you will find almost nothing there on the tables, so be in time! Good choice for business trip and tours arond the old town of Sofia

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed in the suite - lovely room, high ceilings, very comfortable and quiet. No external views but then looking at other travellers pictures maybe that's no bad thing! Bathroom ok. Staff extremely helpful. Provided free lift to and from a restaurant with which they have an 'arrangement' but it was excellent and very good value - I'd recomend it on its own terms although I can't remember the name. Excellent location - can't fault the place really. Breakfast good, didn't try the in house food otherwise. Internet excellent and free. Minibar well stocked and reasonable. A very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and book the suite - there aren't many places left in the world where you can aff...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business