“Perfect location”

Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia
Ranked #16 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for a business reason couple of days. Breakfast was ok, room ok. Prices in the restaurant very reasonable. Excellent location near all main tourist spots. Staff very kind and helpful. Many restaurants close to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zoran K
Kiril R, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Mr. Zoran K,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia and for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to provide excellent product and service and I am really glad that you had enjoyable stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I chose the Raddison Blu because of its location.
Only 5 minutes walk to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral this hotel was perfectly located to restaurants and the main tourist attractions.
The hotel was modern and well designed and the room generously proportioned. I would have thought however that a pool is essential in a modern hotel. The bathroom was well designed and proportioned. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. One of the best I have experienced.
Breakfast was appetising albeit unremarkable and the staff were all friendly and helpful.
If this hotel had a pool and gym it would rate higher. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Leon S

Dear LeonSokulsky,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia and for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. It is nice to hear that you had great stay with us and you enjoyed the service and the facilities that we offer. Our gym is being relocated right now and we have an alternative for our guests. Thank you once again for your patronage and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed on a business trip in the suite. The suite was very luxurious and the rates were fine. Location was excellent, right in the city centre. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Very helpful english speaking staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear SaqibChoudhary,

Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. I am really gald that you had nice time with us and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel when your travel plans bring you to Sofia.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

No 'mixed feelings" is not the right description. The feelings were bad. From the moment I entered into my room which was smaller than my bathroom (I live in standard appartment). Through necessity for calling 3 times until I finally get the iron board. Eventually breakfast was poor. Simply poor... and nobody cared to notice I have no coffee.

So why "mixed" feelings. Simply not many other options available in Sofia in good locations (and location of Radisson is its major advantage). I stayed in few other places and had some strange experiences as well.

In fact my stay in Radisson simply confirmed my observations that you should not expect quality services in Bulgaria.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ciem_ny
Kiril R, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Ciem_ny,

Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay with us. We use the feedback from our guests to constantly fine tune our operations and improve the service that we offer. Please stay assured that all your comments will be tackled by the relevant departments.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel when your travel plans bring you back into the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I walked in this hotel to see about changing from the Crystal Palace Boutique hotel to this hotel. When I walked in the doorman asked if I was staying there and I said no I was looking and he said "this is not a gallery". Shocked, I said well you helped me decide not to stay here! I am a tall blonde blue eyed lady, well dressed and certainly have never been mistaken for rubbish so I can't believe why he would say this other than the staff is trained to be rude!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank BeccaAtlanta_Georgia

Dear BeccaAtlanta_Georgia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the situation you have been in during your visit in our hotel. This is definitely not typical to the services that we strive to extend to our guests. I really understand your point and how you must have felt. Your comments and feedback have already been addressed with the relevant department. I do sincerely hope that you will give us the chance to make it up to you on your next trip to Sofia.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Room was very spacious and comfortable, and hotel location is nicely central. The bathroom was also large, clean and well-eqipped, with two sinks, a bath and separate shower cubicle. I was here for a short business trip and the hotel was ideal for this, although I'd also definitely choose this hotel for a non-business trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kiril R, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Clare_CJM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. I am glad that you had nice stay with us and you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. Providing excellent service and product has been always our ultimate goal.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel when your travel plans bring you to the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Five minutes before checking into the Radission Sofia, my kids and I were at the vile concrete hulk-like railway station wondering where to go, and trying to pick up a wifi signal. Thankfully we got onto Expedia and made our way to the Radisson Blu. Really so central, it's located opposite the Parliament, with great service. The attached restaurant served us up a gigantic sushi feast, before the bubble baths began up in our room. Next morning, the breakfast was excellent. Really really excellent. Fabulous scrambled eggs. Oh, and pillows so soft that we could hardly believe it. Thank you Radisson!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear TahirShah,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am rally glad that you and your family had a wonderful time in our hotel. Thank you also for the nice words about the staff and the service.

I really hope to have you back as our guests when you ar back to Sofia.