Ramada Sofia
Priceline
US$78
US$71
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral bus stationswimming poollarge hoteltwin roomlate at nightbuffet breakfastmin walk
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I didn't stay here myself. However some friends stayed a couple of nights and said the rooms were fine for the price and breakfast was OK. I used the bar a couple of times and it is very overpriced for Sofia and quite fussy for service (which is very polite). Clientelle seems to be a lot of older people - certainly several Israelis and some Turks. I don't think they come for the hotel as much as the large casino that it contains. Casino is quite busy and access easy once you register with your passport. One thing to note is that I was offered 3 times by different doormen whether they could "help me with local assistance or with company" which I assumed was with 'female' company at a price!!!! Read into that what you will!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Although not a bad hotel, I did find the whole interior and exterior quite dated.

I had a room on the 13th floor and did find it quite quiet which was nice. The bathroom was a decent size but the plug socket was falling off the wall and I could see small sparks in the socket when using the hair dryer so I used the one in my friends room instead. Free wifi was a bonus and worked pretty well for just surfing Facebook etc.

The bar downstairs was decently priced and we managed to get bar snacks quite late at night after watching a dance competition at Universaida Hall. Breakfast was also quite substantial. The room service was ok, although our burgers smelt like nail varnish remover which was a little odd but we lived to tell the tale!

Taxis were also reasonably priced. I did not enjoy going out for a walk in Sofia by myself, I felt like I was being followed all the time and the pavements were horrendous!

Also found the lady who checked the mini bar a little annoying. She came to my room 3 times on the Saturday morning in quick succession to see if it needed refilling and seemed surprised every time that I'd opened the door and said no every time..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Over on here on work ,so this the most central location and a very good one I must say .The food was great wine that they don't export ,shame, No matter what reason stay here its got the lot. The shops in the city are very interesting with a large scope of products.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Located across the bus and the train station it's a nice 4 star hotel, although a little pricey for the quality they offering. The room we've got was standard twin bed room 30m2, but it was clean. Great minus are the beds, the mattresses which are very uncomfortable. No mini bar in the room, but they have room service, and a lots of other facilities, like lobby, restaurant, conference room, casino etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm from the bus station which is across the road. The area is fine although not much nearby. The metro station is one minute walk from the hotel giving access to the city centre. Beautiful spacious reception area and pleasant bar with good service and reasonable prices. The room we had on the 9th floor had great views, was clean but fairly basic. The breakfast buffet was mediocre and not particularly appetising. Avoid the coffee. There is a large indoor swimming pool and nice garden off with tables and parasols which you can enjoy a drink in. The hotel has a hairdresser/beauty salon, gift shop, travel agency and has a large casino attached, which we didn't use. All in all a good experience for a large hotel chain and an excellent location for arrival/departure by public transport.

Room Tip: Rooms to front have great views but are noisy with air conditioning plant outside and early morning trams.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple