“Greater than expected, Dedeman Princess are really up for it”
Review of Ramada Sofia

Ramada Sofia
Ranked #54 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I visited Sofia for a business meeting and honestly I didnt know what to expect from the country as a whole, having in mind this was my first time coming to Bulgaria.I had the hotel stay arranged through a tourist agency , as my requirements were : not too pricy (sensible), close to the downtown of sofia and to offer as much comfort for the money I am spending.
What was my surprise when the Dedeman Hotel offered all that and more - great service, unique business center and conference options, incredible spa !
I would like to thank all the stuff for the unforgettable memories and for the delightful attitude - if I have the chance I will visit you again !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 January 2011

This was my second stay at the Dedeman (the first being in the summer of 2010). While my first experience was great, the second was so substandard that I will not stay in this facility again. Reasons include:

1. Room was dirty: I found a stain on the bed sheets of what looked like tea or coffee. Carpets in the rooms also appeared unclean.

2. Sink in the bathroom was not working: when i first discovered that, I couldn't believe it. For the price I paid, this, in addition to the dirty rooms, was unacceptable.

3. Staff did not deliver wake-up call in the morning. Had i relied on them, I would have missed my flight.

After I complained to the manager in the facility, they moved me to another room WITHOUT coming in to see what the problems I had with the room were. This means that this room will not be improved and another unfortunate guest will experience this inconvenience again.

Although the location of the hotel is good, I won't stay there again. There are plenty of other options in Sofia.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Leda_80_11
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Very expensive snack bar and restaurant (2 Euros for a 330ml bottle of water, cheapest wine for almost 7 Euros). New year's eve diner was for 75 Euros no choice of main plate (roasted turkey was uneatable) previous plates inadequate in quality and quantity. Program mostly playback (no orchestra) and mostly Bulgarian.
Most of male staff, everywhere, were helpful and polite... strangely enough most (not all) of female staff would act like they were making you a favour... they would even talk back to you in case of a complain or a request.
Rooms were adequately spacious and clean but with cheap bamboo furniture and outdated decoration - a hole in the sheets was found as well. Don't forget to brink your toothbrush and toothpaste' they don't provide any.
Finally most serious problem that makes me say " Wouldn’t Stay There Again" was the heating. Burning coal fumes were coming in through the heat vents causing breathing and eye irritation symptoms. At some point I thought we were at a life threatening situation and there was no way to tell what the CO and other breathing gases levels were - had to keep the window half open.
P.S. The swimming pool was fabulus

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nikolakis0
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Had a great time in this hotel
rooms were great , clean / comfy could of done with a bit less house keeping !
breakfast generally ok but could have done better here, chips for breakfast !! i note most dedeman hotels had croquets. Often cold scrambled egg, if any !
Reception, conciege, bar staff all excellent.
Spa staff friendly but what gives with the hats to be worn in the pool ??
Spa was excellent, pool outstanding

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Good central location for exploring the sites of Sofia. I found the rooms to
be VERY dated but clean.

The hotel lobby bar was very nice and live classical music in the evening.
Casino next door was rubbush although they do give you FREE drink.

Good choice hotel for the price and city!!!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 2 November 2010

For the purpose of our seminars the Dedeman Hotel chain was able to offer the most suitable conditions and terms including spacious conference halls, great catering service and amazing hospitality. In total our company used the Dedeman Sofia twice and the one in Plovdiv once. A great sign of convenience was the immediate positive feedback we received from our clients who attended the first seminar in the beginning of October (numbers of more than 100). Consequently, this steered our opinion to choose Trimontsium in Plovdiv where we had around 30 people and again in the Sofia we hosted 80 clients from the whole of Bulgaria. Our clients liked the atmosphere and service of the both hotels. The conference halls we used were fully equipped for the purposes we required, including: sound system with microphones and huge speakers, high speed internet, projectors and so on. In other words the amenities provided by the hotels made our seminars a success. On behalf of Antoanette Ltd. (our company) we would like to thank Dedeman for their professionalism, help and high standard of service. We are also looking forward to working with them again and continue to build our partnership.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank thetinks
sofiahotel, Director of Sales at Ramada Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you, for sharing with us your thoughts about facilities and services provided in Dedeman Princess Sofia Hotel during your seminars, through Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to see that your seminars were success and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

It is through responses like yours help us and our future guests to evaluate our services.

Thank you very much.

We look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Sincerely yours

Elena Urumova

Director of Sales and Marketing
Dedeman Princess Sofia Hotel

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Had a great time in this hotel
rooms were great , clean / comfy could of done with a bit less house keeping !
Reception, conciege, bar staff all excellent.
Spa staff friendly but what gives with the hats to be worn in the pool ??
Spa was excellent, pool outstanding