“A decent hotel”

Novotel Sofia
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
“A decent hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Was picked up at airport by driver from the hotel. The rooms are fines and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was basic but did the job and dinner in the restraunt was lovely. All the rooms have free wifi so could skype with wife back home with no problems. As my stay was over my birthday came back to find a cake left in the room for me with birthday greetings so thought that was a nice touch :)

1 Thank Steve T
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Steve T,

Thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

It was pleasure reading about your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding our team - I will personally share your comments with them!

I am happy that you enjoyed our little surprise on your special day!

We will be looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Vincent Dujardin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Modern, clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast with lots of choice. Comfortable bed and great shower. Close to the airport with a convenient shuttle service when we arrived. Was hoping for the same service on our return to the airport but instead we were put in a smokey, dirty taxi with barely enough room for both our cases. Apart from this we had a great stay and would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear DellaCambridge,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review!

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your possitive feedback for our service!

I am really sorry for the unpleasant experience on your way back to the airport and thank you for drawing my attention on this issue. I will discuss this with our partner taxi company in order to avoid such inconvenience.

We are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Once again thank you!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This newly built hotel is a good bet if you want to stay a few days for a business trip. Nothing spectacular but new and functional and better value for money that the nearby Holiday Inn. Service is decent and it is not too far from the city centre

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you feel satisfied with our service!

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you in Novotel Sofia again soon!

Thank you once again!

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in Novotel Sofia for one night on our way home from skiing holiday in Bansko.
This turned out to be the best Novotel hotel we have stayed in. There must be about 10-15 of them.
This one is brand new and maybe just a nod higher standard of building/design quality than most of them.
The room was really nice and all the public areas as well.
Location is a bit "middle of nowhere" but of course there is a big Mall right next door. So shopping and restaurants (fast food) are plenty.
Also service was very good.
I would have given 5 points if there hadn't been this little mistake in the end: they wouldn't arrange their own airport shuttle minibus for us because it was too early for that. Instead they made a reservation for a normal taxi. Well, it turned out to be less than normal. It was a tiny car which couldn't accommodate our luggage in the trunk. On was partially in the trunk with the lid open and with a risk of falling off at any time. Other 3 pieces had to be placed on our laps.
They knew we were 4 people and 4 luggage and still happened.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Pekkis,

Thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Sofia.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience with the transfer to the airport and once again thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to assure you that we will take it under consideration and it is very helpfull for us in order to make our service better.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again with us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was on a business lunch some couple of weeks ago with some potential business partners who were staying in this hotel (I was staying at another one) and what a relief it was that we were on the right path to a deal. I would like especially to thank our waiter for being extremely professional. He striked me as being very tactical - he was coming every time in the right moments and was being extremely helpful and nice with us. I remember his name - Vladi Angelov - short Michael J. Fox-looking guy. Very open and smiling, he was taking care of our every need and didn't interrupt our conversations as is the case with other waiters in this country that I have noticed. Thank you Vladi for your exceptional service, I hope other servers learn from your exceptional waiter skills.
I'll definately stay in this hotel next time I do business in Bulgaria. Loved the lobby!

Cheers,

David Craig

Room Tip: I didn't sleep in this hotel, my business partners did. They said the rooms were great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Craig,

It is always a pleasure to know that our guests are satisfied with our service. Thank you very much for the possitive feedback.
You are more than welcome in Novotel Sofia for your next stays.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I've been at Novotel for a business travel and I've been truly glad for finding a great welcome and customer service, smart staffs and quality food. Moreover, the room was a high-class one. I recommend Novotel to all those who wish a superior class treatment.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear djPietra,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Novotel Sofia with all Tripadvisor members!
I am really glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your high evaluation on both our people and amenities!

We are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Once again thank you!

Southport, England
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my second stay at Novotel Sofia and again was excellent! Extremely friendly staff and a lovely welcome back. Clean, bright, modern design, comfortable room and a nice selection of food available for breakfast and dinner. And all for a very reasonable price. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

I am glad that you feel satisfied with our services!

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you in Novotel Sofia again soon!

Thank you once again!