“Hidden Gem in the heart of Sofia”
Review of Lavanda

Lavanda
Ranked #29 of 1,042 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lavanda is a place where you can feel at home and have an exquisite meal and excellent wines. For dinner Lavanda will offer you a seasonal menu with different types of cuisine, creatively and skilfully combined in a sofisticated blend. Our lunch menu is created for busy people, working around and we change it daily, considering a lower price, quickness and variety. Recently we have started a Chef's Thursday events in which we present new ideas, wineries and gourmet specials.
Edmonton, Canada
“Hidden Gem in the heart of Sofia”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant near our hotel through Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. It is a hidden gem, quaint, secluded and fabulous on the second floor of a classic old building in the heart of old Sofia. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating, the atmosphere cozy and magical. And the food was simply fabulous! Suitable for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. By far the best meal we have had on our trip from Vienna to Istanbul. Highly recommended.

• Greek first
  • Slovak first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“It is very good!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We were three colleagues visiting Lavanda after having read the good reviews and being in walking distance to the place. Outside there is a busy and popular terrace bar that we skipped; instead we walked up to the first floor and were give a nice table in one of the rooms. It was not full so we got all attention we needed from the waitress, who spoke well English and our jokes. The menu is limited but good so we tried duck and lam shank with no regrets. Price wise not the cheapest place but it was worth each leva. Good place to be tried if in Sofia.

Visited July 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

So I was for one night alone in Sofia, usual business trip. I open Tripadvisor looked for a restaurant and I choose Lavanda as being highly rated by people and close to my hotel. Now just 5 minutes walk and i found myself at a Lavanda indicator but in fact was a different terrace, and asking the waiter he explained that i have to corner the building if I want Lavanda. Finally I was there. Man they received me so nice asked me if If i want to eat on a small balcony with 3 tables and I accepted. Food was amazing, the tomatoes from first plate were so tasty than the salmon was great. I eat my dinner on the waiter recommendation and I tell you that I will do it again and also recommend it to all my friends traveling in Sofia. Great place guys I had an amazing time even i was dining alone... Check the pictures ...

Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great everything”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff, food, interior - pure bless. Enjoyed every moment. Apartment on the second floor with small open air balcony with few small tables.
Fresh ingredients, short menu with perfect execution.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank rushills
United States
“Excellent Tapas, Salads and Desserts”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved our tapas (especially the hummus and zucchini quesadilla), salads (especially spinach and fresh greens with grilled zucchini) and desserts (especially chocolate soufflé). Everything was really fresh and well prepared. Flat bread and bread were great and replenished. The decor in the restaurant is fun and the service is very friendly. and fast Wine selection was great and lime lemonade delicious. When you enter off the street, walk to the left past all the outside tables of another bar, around the building and up the stair case to find Lavanda. You'll be pleased you did!

Visited July 2014