“Corporate event - sales meeting”
Review of Sense Hotel Sofia

Sense Hotel Sofia
Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
London
“Corporate event - sales meeting”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have just finished a two day event for 22 people. They are all constant international travellers who know a good hotel. There were two nights, two days of meetings, breakfasts, buffet lunch and no dinners. The hotel were well briefed on the detail of what was required. Overall, it was a very good experience and people were well impressed by the hotel, especially the rooms. The food, breakfasts and buffet lunches were ok, but not impressive. The hotel staff, in particular, Pavlina our event manager, Slavi, F&B man and Slavina on front desk, stood out as being very professional and helpful. They were responsive, focused and willing in their help. The rooftop bar is probably the single best place to see the city, but it also gets smokey at night.
A good visit and we will return their with our customers if the rates stay the same and the rates we were given were very competitive with the neighbouring options.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you are expecting a typical 5 star hotel then Sense Hotel may not be for you. This is not a 5 star. Rooms are pretty nice but expect 1 towel/1 robe/1 set of slippers for a room no matter how many people are staying in it. Two people want to shower? Better call front desk before so that an hour later you can get that towel to dry off...you can always air dry out the 3 inch window with that fresh burning tire scent that consistently flows in from outside. Also, don't expect an iron/ironing board. Asked for help at front desk and they have no interest in assisting with anything. No 24 hour food. Views of old run down buildings. Not a bad hotel, just don't expect luxury.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank imjustaguy
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We just spent 5 nights in this fantastic hotel over Christmas. The rooms are amazing, beautifully fitted out with the best fittings and amenities. The roof top bar was good and very popular and the restaurant on the ground floor was also very good. Special thanks to Peter on the front desk for helping with opera tickets, rental car and restaurants. The free walking tour of Sofia was great as advised by the front desk.
Thanks to all the staff as we really did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bretby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Did not stay at hotel, we tried out the 9th floor 'Rooftop Bar' which as previous reviews have pointed out, provides Great views of the city and the Nevsky church in particular.
This bar is a 'must visit' if you like a drink in a cosy rooftop bar overlooking a city with sights.
Drinks were 'pricey' for Sofia (12 levs for a cocktail, 7 for a small bottle beer), and the cocktails were mixed re there quality, eg I had a mohito and it was poor, equally my wife had pino colarda and she said it was really good.
Quality of Service was mixed too apart from the chap who served us on 1st visit (I'm terrible with names!!). He was attentive without being intrusive, had a smile on his face and had a sense of humour too. Give him a pay rise.
Unfortunately we cannot comment re hotel stay experience as we stayed elsewhere. This being said, the staff we did come by, eg reception, were pleasant and helpful which I suppose added to our experience and the overall atmosphere of the hotel.
We would definitely return to this bar.

Room Tip: Unfortunately didn't stay at hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chelsea098
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I belives once you do yours holiday, accomadation is one of a key part of it, My self i do found Sense hotel Sofia had make it better !I also work in operation part of big chain hotel but Sense hotel is very impress me first steps i walk in i can fell welcome from everyone and once i am in room i am very impress with decor and attntion to details that they have adjust to make yours stay more comfortable lighting is one of a key factor. I do have issue with my rain shower in bathroom that, on first day it flood everywhere in my bathroom and into bed room ! but with professional handling situtation with housekeeping and enginering has fix it with 100 % good resullt.. breakfast is good and wi-fi is the best ! even when you travel to eastern european country smile is very hard to find but not this place trust me !! They all will smile to you.

Good job everyone and thank you again !

Room Tip: Very good location
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank paulie11481
Varna, Bulgaria
Reviewed 21 October 2013

While visiting Sofia on a business trip, staying at Sense hotel sounded like very good idea. The hotel has the perfect central location and is fairly easy to find. The first encounter with the hotel, however, raised an eyebrow: when I parked my car at the claustrofobic entrance of the so-called "Secure parking" I was surprised by a sign, stating that the parking fee is 18 EUR per night. This specific information is not available on the webpage of the hotel, but I guess I had to call and investigate prior to arrival, right? While the check-in was pretty quick, the nice waiter with the welcome drink caught me off guard as I did not expect that nice treatment, more apropriate for a leisure resort, rather than for a city hotel but it was one sweet moment after all. The room was very good, well appointed, with tons of supernice gadgets, such as huge Smart TV LED screen connected to a keyboard with integrated touchpad, lights adjustment with presets, radio w/alarm clock etc. ready to make your stay enjoyable. The wardrobes had enough hangers and space. One minor drawback was the 2 EUR price tag for a cup of tea or coffee, available for self-catering from the coffee machine, placed inside the drawer. This is rather irritating than convenient and more appropriate for a low cost hotel where every penny counts. The rooftop bar was nice, boosting stunning view on the city center and the golden domes of Alexander Nevsky church. The weather that afternoon was somewhat cold and we asked for a blanket which, to my disgust, happened to contain dozens of curly long black hairs! When I asked the waiter to see what he should have seen before I did, he started to clean the blanket right infront of me and the hair, naturally, flew directly onto my face. So, cheers to that service! The breakfast was just OK but strangely there was no salt or paper shakers and we had to ask the already overwhelmed waiters who did not have the time (or the training) to enforce any kind of dress code, as many guests were enjoying their meals in their sweaty jogging tank tops and spandex shorts, which was not exactly appetizing.
In conclusion, here is a note to the management: Please define your product goals, be there even on some weekends, spend some time training your staff or you will loose your advantages very, very soon.
All this is said with very good intentions and I would very much like to see this fabulous property getting where it belongs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank KristalinaDimitrova
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We did not have any issues with this hotel. I was surprised to read the reviews that mentioned issues.

We had a great time. We travelled purely for pleasure.
The room was very modern and comfortable. The restaurant so tasty, we ate lunch there every single day. Breakfast was great too!
The gym is small but has everything you need, and I didn't take a dip in that saltwater pool but next time I will!

Service was always with a smile and very pleasant.
The bonus is that on the rooftop there is a great bar/lounge that has spectacular views and is a lot of fun! The location is perfect, close to all shopping and all kind of restaurant and cafes!
When I go back, I am staying at Sense Hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple