Forum Hotel
Travelocity
Hotel Lion(Sofia)
US$68
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram numbertram routebig supermarketpublic transportnight breaknice place to staynice interiorluxury roomsingle bedroom was cleangreat bathroomthe hotel offersstaff was very friendly and helpfulshower cabinparking placefree upgradecity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was very hard to fault this hotel, which represents excellent value in a very convenient location. tram 4 (from the railway station) and tram 5 (from the city centre) pass right by the hotel. You could just about walk into town, but I didn't try!
On arrival I found the receptionist to be helpful and friendly, and with a minimum of fuss I was soon in my extremely modern, clean, and comfortable room. Even the bathroom scored full marks. The room itself even had a kettle, and although it was literally just a the kettle, the wise traveller is always equipped to make the most of what is (on the Continent) such a rare facility. The WiFi too worked just fine, and the curtains and double glazing were very effective. It is true that beds are a little thinner than usual, but they were perfectly long enough for my 6 feet or so! The TV is also a little small - but I didn't come to Bulgaria to watch TV.
In the morning, Breakfast was available, buffet-style. The buffet was not 'out of this world', but for the price, it was good value, with fresh orange juice, pain au chocolat, plus the usual things you'll have come to expect in this part of the world - like the ubiquitous little red sausages.
All in all, the hotel was a good place to stay - and would be my first choice on a future trip.

Room Tip: The lower priced rooms are small, but perfectly ok.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed in the hotel in February 2013. I was very pleased with the hotel, and the value was incredible. The staff was friendly and professional, always willing to answer whatever questions I posed. The restaurant was surprisingly good. I was able to walk to central Sofia without worrying about my safety (maybe 1 1/2 miles . . . I like to walk). If desired, the local tram was right outside the hotel.

All-in-all, a pleasant experience, enough to make me extend my stay beyond my plans.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, facing the street. Noise was minimal.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

friendly staff and good value for money.
Would suggest to stay on the second floor or higher and then very quiet rooms.
The hotel is also next to a small supermaket for buying essentials.
Breakfast could have a wider selection of cereals,but otherwise good.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank rwilliamson5
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We are staying here for 2 nights 3 days on business. The hotel itself is in what appears to be a residential area, however it is convenient for our meeting.
The staff are extremely helpful and professional, instantly replacing a broken light bulb in our room. As others have commented, the bed is big and comfy, and the room is is very clean . The food in the restaurant is very good, a mix of Bugarian dishes and other European dishes. Breakfast is similar to many other places, a selection of cold meats, cheese etc. There is also a bar which has a good selection of local beers, wines spirits but also European brands all reasonably priced. Taxis are plentiful, and again fairly priced...we were 18 lev from the airport to the hotel (9 euros) . There is also a spa which we didn't use

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Crew-Sing
Reviewed 28 November 2012

i have travelled to Sofia Bulgaria last week, November 21st and i have made a reservation to saty at this hotel , using the site : www.hotelscombined.com..... Found the descreption of the hotel appealing to my needs and the discounted price fair enough for a 4 star hotel., so i booked it and prepayed a sum...Then i called the hotel to confirm my reservation , and asked them also to confirm whatever was described in this site, e,g that the hotel had FREE parking for its guest ( a standrard practice that happens GLOGALLY,) and surprisingly they told me that they WANTED EXTRA MONEY for the parking !!! I answred this is outreageous , not in the matter that i could not afford some extra money , but principal wise that they wanted to make more money , from a tourist like myself... to cut the long story short, we had numerous phone calls and E-mails (yes e-mails ) , that lasted from noon that day , till 16:50 , while i was HOMELESS in Bulgaria and of course trying to find another hotel , that they wouldnt try to get more money out of me , by charging for their Free parking... (all the hotels offers their parking FREE for the clinets)... anyways those e-mails i have kept and they are at the disposal of whoever might me interested,,, the name of the Hotel manager , that i had the 5 hour communication (that costed me MORE than the actual money of the parking) is Ms. Pavlina Mateeva.... and of course i was thinking what other unpleasant surpises i would face, if i was actually checking in at this hotel....a bad experience with hotel Central Forum , where i was treated as not somebody that is a client and would actually pay , but as someone that they would try to make the most money out of him,,,,,, SO RECOMMEND TO AVOID THIS HOTEL IN SOFIA>>>>>

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business