“Very good value”
Review of Akord Hotel

Akord Hotel
Ranked #32 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would happily return to this hotel. All staff did their very best to make my stay a good one - there were a few communication issues but their English is better than my Bulgarian! The room was a good size and had everything I needed. Breakfast was ok. If I returned to Sofia on holiday then I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Bluerosiep

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in may 2014 for one night. We booked 2 double rooms.
The pros: hotel rooms are quite large, clean, spacious, Staff is helpful; the breakfast was ok. The hotel parking is right in front and always guarded.
As a hotel guest, you get 20% discount for the hotel bar and restaurant.
There is wifi but we didn't use it - so I can't say if it works OK or not.
The cons: The food from the hotel restaurant is average at best. I wouldn't recommend it.
Our rooms had no shower or bath tub: only the shower head and you had to shower in the middle of the bathroom. I saw this in other hotels in Bulgaria too, so I guess it is common but it is not very pleasant.
The hotel is located far from the city center: you can get there by bus(journey by bus takes about 10min); bus station is close to the hotel, ticket costs 1leva(one way).
We arrived on a saturday and there was a wedding in the hotel restaurant. the good thing is that on the second floor, were our rooms were, it was very quiet and we could sleep without being disturbed by the noise.
All in all it was an ok hotel, but nothing really good to make us come back next time.

Room Tip: if you arrive on a weekend, check if there is a wedding. you can avoid the noise if you stay at hig...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Accord Hotel is a better value than others we’ve stayed at nearby and has a seasonal garden restaurant outside. There’s also another nice restaurant/bar across the street.

Taxis are readily available and the centre is close. Staff was helpful, professional and multi-lingual.

Our room was clean and had a nice, visually pleasing architectural feature—a semi rounded wall with upscale colors and lighting that are both decorative and functional. The queen-sized bed was comfortable with crisp linens. Towels and basic personal care products are provided.

The windows provided good noise limiting qualities from air and street traffic. Airplanes stopped flying in around 10:30p anyway. After that it was quiet, you could hear the birds singing in the garden below.

Great-idea glass smoking boxes in stairwells open to view and outside but closed to the building so you won’t have to leave the building to smoke.

WiFi was fast and the signal was strong.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank booker925
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked the hotel as got a cheap deal.I had never stayed there before and at first I thought it was a bit out of the centre, but really it is only 5 lev in a taxi.The rooms were clean and comfortable.There is a lounge bar which is a bit unatmospheric, and the restaurant is good value and the food good.Guests in the Hotel get a 20% discount on food and drink.Hotel is pretty busy as near the airport.All in all great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darrin29
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is big offering a big auto park. The staff is quite nice! The offered us a nice wine while i was celebrating the meeting with my girl friend. The room is very spacious but the bed was very bad while it was like 2 mattelas!!the breakfast prıducts weren't fresh at all!! but for the price i advice you this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were very satisfied with this hotel. We got excellent service from the hotel stuff, they were really helpful and flexible. They also helped me find my lost camera (successfully).

The rooms are not top quality but we didn't even expect and it was good for just staying for the night. It is a bit out of town but I wouldn't say that it is a disadvantage as both the buses run frequently and the cabs are cheap and fast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank hun_belgium
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked this hotel for one night from Neos Marmaras as a tranzit hotel in Sofia before Bucharest. The hotel is very clean and quiet. I noticed that the hotel was fully booked by travelers from different countries. The rooms are very big and clean so are the bathrooms. The price for the room includes breakfast buffet. The prices of the hotel restaurant are very good and the food is excellent. A litlle too far from the town centre. Very good for one or two nights if you come for bussiness or tranzit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple