“Sofia gem”
Review of Diter Hotel

Diter Hotel
Ranked #67 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here for just 1 night but it was excellent, friendly service, cool a/c and super helpful staf for parking in the small street. I rcommend to call ahead and make sure you have a parking spot before you drive up with a car. Would stay here again in the future!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MG67

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The staff were brilliant as soon as we arrived, helping us with our bags, happy, smiley and chatty. Giving us all the local information for Sofia, helped us book a car, advised us on places to visit. They were extremely helpful and lovely.

The rooms are large with air con, fridge and a nice bathroom, they are clean too.

The restaurant is nice, the food is good, the staff working there are very nice and chatty too.

Overall this is an awesome place and I would recommend it to anyone - especially if Sofia is a starting point before travelling around Bulgaria. They really show how hospitable the Bulgarian people are.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slipski
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I can honestly say that I have never been treated so well by the staff of a hotel. Friendly, ready to help, charming....they were all you could wish for from hotel staff. The owner of the hotel was the one driving me to the airport and he told me that he has had the same staff since he started the business - he picks them himself and looks after them - which is very nice to know

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueSueCroatia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Spent a week here and I recommend the place for its superb staff, nice location, fair pricing, and all the amenities included. It is at the center of the city within walking distance of most of the important places you want to visit. Restaurants, bars, pizzerias, shops can be found in the surroundings. I disagree with some other reviewers Ref. breakfast. I found it extensive and very good even though it is not comprised of the standard items you may find in America. In fact I am happy they don't follow the regular "continental breakfast" offered in other places if those who read this know what I mean. The staff is spectacular: speaking fluent English, and even other languages (Spanish for one) they are very kind and helpful, and always with a smile ready for you 24-7. We have never been is a hotel this good at this price level. Special thanks to Stella, Maria, Desi and Nina, and to the watchful owner as well.

Room Tip: We rented a suite and we wholeheartedly recommend going this way.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The staff was wonderful and helpful in every way--even when we had difficulties with the internet and printing out our boarding passes. We were within walking distance of the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and several other historic buildings nearby. There was also an open air market a few blocks away, and several very good restaurants within walking distance (including Motto). I'd certainly stay here again if I return to Sofia.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth23
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I spent two nights in September in this nice family hotel, and I recommend it for the great location in the centre of town, for the fair price and the facilities. Internet is free of charge and in all rooms, the restaurant in the garden is very nice, and the quality of food as well. I appreaciate the kindness of the staff, and one lady (speaking Italian) was so helpful. Just one regret: the breakfast is very poor, and the quality rather low. I am not used to eat so much in the morning, but I assume many clients will complain about it. So my advise to the hotel is: improve the breakfast and you will soon be number one, for quality and price!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

3 stars hotel with ten stars service. The room is gracious with a superb massage shower.
The staff is the most helpful I found during my 15 days tour of Bulgaria. Special thanks to Tsevetana.
You will Always find a professional smile even late at night. They speak a fluent english and even Italian.
The hotel location is ideal in a quiet side street but right smack in the cool arty area of shops nice bars and restaurants.
The only slight disappointment was the breakfast. A bit scarce and served in the basement rather than in their lovely restaurant garden. We were offered to seat outside though.

Highly recommended.