“Great Rooms for Families!”

and 1 more site!
Apartment House Bulgaria
Ranked #75 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We spent three nights at the Apartment House Bulgaria as a family of four and it was fantastic to have two separate bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. The location may seem far out of the center, but taxis are pretty inexpensive and it only takes maybe 10 minutes in a taxi to get to the center. We were able to find on-street parking near the hotel without a problem. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if your kitchen doesn't have something you need, just ask and they will get it for you. They also helped us find a babysitter for our children which worked out great!

Beds weren't the most comfortable I have slept in. The breakfast included with our rate was just okay and unless you like Turkish coffee...get tea in the morning! TV channels are very limited and I don't believe there is wireless internet. The wired connection was fine.

The only upsetting part of our stay was the extra cost to use the indoor pool. The pool was a draw for us as our 3 year old loves to "swim" and as the pool is a separate entity from the hotel you have to pay to use it. I think we ended up paying $25 for two hours of pool time for one adult and one child.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2011

The biggest asset of this place is the staff. Helpful, friendly and very careful !

For the rest, it worth the money ! Nice and clean appartment (2 rooms appartment + 1 decent bathroom / equipped kitchen)

Access to the gym and the swimming pool. It could be improved by being open later in the evening and sooner in the morning. It closed a 9:30 pm during the week and 9 pm during the week-end.

The point that could be improved is the breakfast which very average.

Anyway, I will be back due to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Baptiste H
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I spent one week in this facility and enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff spoke excellent English and were very accomodating. Breakfast was made to order and was fresh with good variety. It was cold outside and the air was very dry -- lots of static, which was annoying after a while. Overall, the facility is excellent. The location is not convenient to the key tourist sites in Sofia and that is a significant drawback for the non-business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Dear Reader,

I would like to share with you, my impression about Sofia Apartment House, where I have spent 2 comfortable nights with the father of my son and my little son, James 2 y.
Normally, we stay at Radisson, in the heart of the city but this time, I needed some change and we all didn’t regret it. The hotel is not in the center and we got a little lost before we found it but when we arrived it was very nice and peaceful in the building, the room was very clean and lightly designed. The bathroom was a little small but our son enjoyed a lot the bath. We loved the fact that we have our living room and a kitchen and we could dinner “home’’, instead of keeping our child in a restaurant and to hurry up eating in order to put him to bed. We asked room service every evening in our living room, being very comfortable and relaxed while playing with our son and another advantage was that we could continue to have our drink, while our son is sleeping next room. I didn’t like the TV and there was not much choice but we got a terrace and I m sure in the spring you can sit there and enjoy the sunshine. Simply lovely!
Most of all that made us love this hotel was that the food and the service in the restaurant which were fantastic!!! All our meals we took at the hotel. There is a garden but it was too cold for outside but I m sure in summer is very nice to eat there. This hotel has pluses and little minuses but when I have to measure it, I would strongly recommend it for families because I think one person would feel a little lonely, the restaurant was almost empty. Also the hotel is situated very close to few big shops for toys and children clothing and Billa shop.
Next time, I have to choose a hotel in Sofia, will choose Sofia Apartment House again.

Monika Zlatanova

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MZlatanova
Reviewed 5 August 2010

New house among old Bulgarian panel houses. You can feel the touch of capitalism here, as it tries to be exclusive. But small details spoil the overall impression. For example apartments are nicely equiped but with old CRT TV, each flat has air condition unit but in the night you hear them very well, all rooms are for smokers.......... But prices is ok and also restaurant was very nice. So as i said avarage after all.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2007

Having spent the last three years living out of a suitcase in hotels in Sofia, Apartment House Bulgaria is a breath of fresh air. The decor is on the money - modern but in no way bland. I cannot find any excuse to stay in a two bedroom apartment on my own but if I could I would and I'd ask for the one with the bath in the bedroom directly under a skylight. That would be the height of luxury.

Back in the real world, I found it a lovely change to be able to fix my own food. It's the simple things, like being able to boil your own breakfast egg when you want it rather than having to wait for the hotel breakfast room to open, that are so great.

The apartment house is relatively small - around 40 apartments I think - and so the gym was generally empty when I wanted to use it and felt like my own private space!

Top marks and I hope they can keep up the excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ian_bryant
Reviewed 11 March 2007

I was there 2 months ago.
It's not in the downtown but the price is very reasonable. There is no sport center but a young lady told me that it will be open this month. Very good place especially for budget travelers! Huge beds!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)