Hotel Vega Sofia
Hotel Brod(Sofia)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelcost levclean roomscity centretwo nightsmetro stationairporttaxisshuttlebathtoiletriesluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Although I’m in Sofia regularly for business, this is the first time I’ve stayed here, and I was impressed. Vega Hotel has nice rooms – spacious, and well fitted-out - positive staff, good bar food, excellent breakfasts with a terrific spread on offer, and free wi-fi all through hotel (other hotel keepers like Hilton Sofia: take note).

The main downside is that Vega’s not in a perfect location, unless your workplace is nearby – though for the airport, the Business Park, or the offices along Tsarigradsko Shosse it’s fine, and taxis are easy. I don’t want to overplay this… Sofia is small, and the roads around Vega generally are fast-moving.

The room safe in my room was tiny - too small to store a laptop, which for a business hotel is a bit daft. And my room had a faint smell of cigarette smoke – would be great to have no-smoking floors.

Apart from these minor quibbles, I enjoyed my three-day stay a lot. A pleasant and efficient hotel, which deserves to do well. I hope to be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Formerly
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Very good hotel, convenient location near the ring road. Easy parking and good breakfast. One of the best coffee I've tried in a hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I use to stay in this hotel when I travel to Sofia.`(about once or twice a month).Its a nice friently and cheap hotel with a kind personel ,clean, giving the feeling of a safe and family place.The only thing I would like to change is the menu in the restaurant as I "ve got an overdose of it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank adamoulavaso
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel is easy accessible and it is located not far away from the airport. It is clean and quiet hotel with friendly stuff. The restourean and the loby bar are great also.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank StefanVP
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Staff were very helpful. 15 minutes from the airport by taxi. Room was good, comfortable and clean. Bed was little hard. Heating too loud, but in the bathroom was cold. Breakfast was good. I had a problem with internet connection.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business