“Best soups in Sofia”

Supa Star
Ranked #35 of 1,308 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Apart from the home-made soups that are always on par, one can have a salad, a home made sandwich or a dessert. Beverages are also provided and everything is top notch. Great for any time of day.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Supa star is a great place to try traditional soups of bulgaria. This place looks so cute. It offers 6 type of soup which includes grannys soup, tripe soup etc. Bulgarians love the most yoghurt. They have also a soup named "tarator" that is made of yoghurt and cucumber. Actually we call it "cacık" in turkey and greeks call it "tzatziki". We dont eat it as a main dish but they do, generally in summer time. Firstly we went there by balkan bites tours. They served us a tarator soup. Then, me and my husband visited there again to try other soups. I tried grannys soup which consists of carrot, patatoes and onion and it was great. The portion is very big and the prices are fair. My husband tried the tripe soup and he liked it also. You should definately go there and taste the bulgarian style of soup. Serving size is very big and the prices are fair.

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

I followed a tip from the NY TIMES 36 hours in Sofia and searched for a light lunch and found local, fresh food in a variety of options, including vegan and vegetarian. 6-7 soup and sandwich choices.Chunky veg soup and tuna and cucumber on super fresh bread.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

As a Vegetarian I had problems choosing a sandwich at the beginning of the bar because I couldn't read the labels but for the soups the employee explained my options nicely and in no hurry and provided a sandwich then.

We were lucky to get a able as a group of 6 over lunch but a nice couple switched for us - thank you! The soup was delicious and nutricious.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We stopped here on the Balkan bite tour to try the cucumber yogurt soup with walnuts. It was so good I came back for supper. They speak very good English and explain all the food options. They served about 8 different soups, several salads and sandwich options (there are meat, fish and vegan options for all of the about). The atmosphere is a cool cafe vibe. The prices were cheap. I recommend it.