“good but not very good”

Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Miami
“good but not very good”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A good Hotel according to many standards. The people are very polite and speak very good English. The people in the restaurant are also nice but scarce. I did not like my room because I had a room with two bed and I wanted a big bed so I was disappointed. I tried to make the changes for the other night but apparently they could not accommodate me. In any case I had to leave earlier so no hard feelings there. My room 509 was good, the bathroom simple clean and modern and very convenient. The room was nice and the TV was a flat screen with international channels. there is a desk for work if needed. the few draw back of the room: the safe is for papers not computer size. For the lights inside the room a little dark to my taste and the plugs not well placed at least in mine. I had to move one of the bed and switch the night table to have access to the light switch and to the plug for my phone to lie on my night table. The plugs at the desk are under the desk, they should have put an extension on the desk. I like the bed because very firm. The breakfast buffet is very nice and tasty. I would come back if I get a big bed next time. Even though my room was next to the elevator you could not hear the noise. By the way the room has a little furniture for the luggage which is very convenient. I cannot complain except the minor improvements that can be done. By the way the WiFi works good everywhere in the hotel. Even if your window gives on the street no noise in the room. I slept with the window opened and it was not noisy either.

Room Tip: Nice location for business or for touristic purpose. The two main draw backs for me was the size of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nikolay_Daskalov, Front Office Manager at Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Central Park Hotel and for taking the time to share your comments
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with your bed. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked that night so we could not have the possibility to change your room. Next time when you come back I promise you a room with a big bed.
We hope to welcome you again as a guest of the Central Park Hotel. Thank you for your recommendation.

Nikolay Daskalov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 October 2013

i stay in this hotel more than a week, yes it's clean the personnel are helpful but there for the rate,you expected more for example the lift is too low when the hotel are fool you wait a long (that because the two lift don't have synchronization).The breakfast is great the first journey but always the same need more diversity.Overwise a have problem with internet the was probably some restriction because more internet web site i cannot access like google,trip advisor…
One other problem there is no parking and in the area it's not easy to park!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nikolay_Daskalov, Front Office Manager at Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013

Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'm travelling often to Sofia for Business and from the beginning, from the opening of Central park Hotel, I've been there. I tried other hotels but always something missing in the service.

I'll return to this hotel in 10 days (22nd-24th October 2013) due the fact that the service is excellent, staff is really professional, serious and very nice (Ms. Gergana at the reservation desk is extremely professional and quick in answers), wi-fi is working very well in every single room and it's a very clean hotel.

Location is interesting, near the centre, with a big choice of restaurants and bar near it.
I recommend it for business travels.

Thank you again Ms. Gergana and to the rest of the Staff.
HCP is my second house

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dax1980
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for posting your nice comments on TripAdvisor.
I was happy that my colleagues succeed to provide you with high standard services.
Thank you once again for your positive review, I would be really glad if Central Park Hotel Sofia will be your preferred choice for your future visits in Bulgaria.

Kind regards
Suwalki, Poland
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very clean, very nice. Quite good location with view of the National Culture Palace. Nearby to everywhere: shops and city attraction. Comfortable bed. Delicious buffet breakfast. I like it. Helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mariusz M
Dear Mariusz M ,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your wonderful experience at the Central Park Hotel Sofia..
I was very proud to read your positive comments.
Once again, thank you for your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof.

Kind regards,
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Central Park hotel is right next to the National Palace of Culture in the centre of Sofia, a short walk from the main shopping district (Vitosha boulevard) and really within walking distance of any of the main sites (30 mins walk to the furthest places). It's also right next to one of the subway stations. So, the location is excellent.

The hotel itself is modern, well appointed and clean. They have nice small touches, like leaving a card in your room each day telling you the weather forecast.

The breakfast is very good - lots of variety, hot and cold choices and very good quality. There are a distinct lack of breakfast places in Sofia so this was a real life saver! It is slightly expensive for Bulgaria (12 EUR), but you will only find coffee and cake elsewhere (and even then, most places in Sofia don't open til 10am).

We found the staff to be perfectly competent but not friendly or warm - the basic things we asked for (missing glasses in the room, taxis) were organised efficiently - but we were given the impression we had inconvenienced them in asking.

The TV choice is disappointing - there were only news channels in English (the bulk of foreign language channels are in German).

All in all, recommended for a reasonably priced, safe choice in Sofia.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Central Park Hotel Sofia.Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with the TV. Your feedback is very much appreciated in our ongoing efforts to satisfy our guests’ needs and desires .
We hope to welcome you again as a guest of the Central Park Hotel Sofia.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Sofia, with very friendly staff and excellent service. Walking distance to major city attractions, shops, restaurants, and mass transport. The staff will help to accommodate your specific needs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SDS17
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your coments with us and for choosing our hotel for your visit to Sofia.Our main goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our valuable guests, and we are pleased to understand that we have succeeded.

Nikolay daskalov
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 5 September 2013

New modern hotel in walking distance to the city center. Helpful staff, rooms are large, clean, comfortable. Daily change of linen. The hotel offers transportation to and from the airport for a fee.
Breakfast is expensive, we recommend surrounding coffees.
Close to hotel are metro and tram stations.
Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Hofi 18,

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Central Park Hotel Sofia.
We really appreciate your positive comments on our hotel. We would like to thank you for your recommendations as well.

Front Office manager