“Stay there”

Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Sofia
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Stay there”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very nice hotel. Friendly people and good location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The location of Hotel Arte is hard to beat. It is extremely central. Rooms are good - quiet and decent sized. Bathroom is good for Bulgaria. The hotel leaves the airconditioning on during the day (which is much appreciated on a hot day). The only downside is that the staff seem unable to answer even quite basic queries.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here for the weekend and it was a pleasant stay. The location is pretty good. It's easy to walk anywhere in Sofia because it is relatively small. The reception staff was nice and recommended a great restaurant for dinner. The rooms were up-to-date and clean. I wish that they had breakfast included in our reservation (I don't even know if they offer it), but other than that, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Phuket Town, Thailand
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Positive- Good area !!!
Negative -There is a big noise from the old tram wagon that passes outside of the hotel every time and even at nights. The staf working in the restaurant couldn’t speak much English .The air conditioning failed entirely and this at 39 C outside temp.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bestseller20
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed here in July, and I would probably stay here again if I ever come back to Sofia.

I had a single room, which was bigger than I expected. There was a double bed, a small table, and a modern bathroom with a shower. I found the bed very comfortable, but some people might think it was too soft.

The flatscreen TV had many channels in English, mostly subtitled in Bulgarian. There was also free wifi, which worked well, but wasn't super-fast. I wouldn't expect fast internet at a hotel, though.

The staff was friendly and helpful. When I arrived, I was told that I might have to switch rooms after a couple of days because there was a malfunction with the toilet in the room I was supposed to be in. But when I asked the next morning if I would have to change, I was told they had worked out the schedule so I could stay in the same room the whole time. I was happy that they had worked it out.

Not all of the staff spoke English well, but there was normally at least one person working who did. I didn't use the restaurant, but I did go there once to have them open a bottle for me, and the restaurant staff were also friendly.

The location is good. It's at the northern edge of the city center, and most attractions aren't more than a 10 or 15 minute walk away. I think it's a reasonably safe area, but I didn't walk around after dark, so I can't really say what it's like at night.

My room was technically a smoking room, but I couldn't smell any smoke. Usually I hate smoking rooms, but I think Arte does a good job keeping the rooms clean and smell-free.

One of the best things about this hotel was the noise level. I could hardly hear anything from outside my room. I usually have to wear earplugs at hotels, but not at this one.

I think there are cheaper hotels in the city, but I don't think they are as nice. I think Arte is certainly one of the best values in the city.

I highly recommend this hotel, especially for people traveling alone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I highly recommend this hotel. The room was clean and big. Comfortable bed and good size bathroom. The location is good, we could walk to major tourist attractions and parked in front of the hotel on a Saturday. The staff was nice and very helpful, they suggested a restaurant close by and was very good.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at the Arte Hotel for two nights in June 2011.

The hotel's locatiom is great - literally in the centre of town, with everywhere within walking distance.

The only downside to this is obviously that driving there is tricky as you're heading right into the city centre. That said, we didn't encounter any problems, and the staff cleared a space for our car on the forecourt.

Rooms were clean and basic- think a UK Premier Inn.

We felt minibar was overpriced, as was breakfast at 10 Euro, so we didn't use either.

One tip - there are some smoking floors/rooms, so check what you're getting if you're fussy.

• Stayed June 2011