“Wow! Bulgarian food at its best.”

Moma Bulgarian Food & Wine
Ranked #45 of 1,594 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Moma Restaurant is the new modern face of Bulgarian restaurants. Its concept combines a delightful culinary experience with authentic recipes which remind us of times past and bring us back to our roots, and a modern interior blending the beauty and purity of the Bulgarian maidens of yore, represented by the designer through various visual symbols, photos, fabrics and decors. The interior design of each dining hall of Moma Restaurant conveys a message related to the culture and traditions of maidens and young women in Bulgaria.
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We came here twice in two days and we were delighted with the service from George our friendly waiter who knew when to be around and when not. Ask for him by name - he is a superstar! Please don't tell the world though!
Some of the best vegetarian food is served that we have ever had from a restuarant. The menu is Bulgarian and caters for carnivores too, and you won't be disappointed with any of the choices you make. The wine list is extensive enough to cater for all tastes and prices are very reasonable without compromising on quality. The decor gives the restuarant a real ambiance.
We had a couple of 'on the house surprises' as well all for £40 with wine for the two of us. Make no mistake we will be back.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I have been chosing this restaurant because I wanted to taste Bulgarian food, and because of good reviews in trip advisor but my experience there was bad and way different from what people said in their positive review.

That's true the decoration for this Bulgarian restaurant is perfect, mixing perfectly traditional decoration and modern/classy design, and I love it!

Regarding food, this is another story. First, the plate I chose first, special for season, after 5-10 minutes searching what would be the best for me on menu, was finally not available (Sturgeon)!

Then I took bean soup, which was really nice, and porc rib, and then this was disaster. Rib were dry, tasteless, almost as boring as potatoes chips coming with. Even barbecue sauce on top of the rib did not help to make them sexy and good.
So I was really dissapointed!

Other points, list of wine is nice, and I pick up a Bulgarian red one with local grape that was full body, but good, and service is very nice and helpful.

So deceived by the food, even if I enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere!

1  Thank SonicArdent
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Right next to our hotel we had a tasting of Bulgarian good. The service and food were wonderful.
I highly recommend dinner in a pleasant atmosphere with some very tasty local dishes.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Very unpleasant restaurant. Waiters are arrogant whippersnappers. The first waiter insisted on talking with me about lamb and pork when i asked for a recommended traditional salad. He also insisted that they have no suitable dishes for my 3 y.o. son. The second waiter deliberately "forgot" to take my order. Food was o.k. but overpriced.
Very unpleasant experience!
Not suitable for families with children!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This restaurant is right next door to the Thracia Hotel where I was staying. We dined together, with friends and also with a large group with which we were traveling. In every instance the food and service was delicious.

The decor is modern with a distinctly traditional Bulgarian element. So beautiful and imaginative.

Date of visit: August 2016