Metropolitan Hotel Sofia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
Hotel Lion(Sofia)
US$68
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to the airportfree mini barnice hotelcoca colabusiness tripfree shuttle servicesmall gymrooms are comfortablerecommend this hotelairport hotelcity centrestayed daysbig mallshuttle busbusy roadroom servicecomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here as part of a business trip to Sofia which included meetings at this hotel. It turned out to be a very good choice. The location is convenient if you don't need to be in the center, as it is a 10 minutes drive from the airport. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The resaurant serves high quality food and offers a wide selection of Bulgarian wines and there is even a private "wine tasting" room that can hold a small group. There is a very nice spa with facilities that are not common for a 4 star hotel and also a small but well equiped jim. Value for money is excellent!

Room Tip: The junior suites are really wonderful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Mr. Aviad,

First of all, thank you for your positive review.

We organize numerous events and it is of vital importance to receive feedback for our clients. I discussed your comments with the whole team today and I can assure you that it was a truly motivating start of the day!

Have a successful week and hopefully - see you soon!

Best regards,
E:sales@metropolitanhotelsofia.com

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great 4* hotel near the airport. Excellent clean rooms with fridge. Air conditioned but you can open the windows if you like.
Helpful staff at reception.
Good location for airport and a very large modern shopping mall across the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Falco V.,

I would like to thank you for your honest and motivating review.
Our Reception staff was really happy and touched when they read your comment.

On behalf of the hotel team, I wish you a successful week!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
E:sales@metropolitanhotelsofia.com

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel once but my boyfriend is a regular visitor. I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at (for its price range). The stuff are very polite, speak very good English and are very attentive. The cleaners are great, the breakfast is tasty, the room service is fast and reliable. It's a very clean and well kept hotel. The is a mini bus service and free wifi. It is close to the airport and even though it's not close to the city centre getting there is not an issue at all. Taxis and buses are very cheap. There is a shopping centre nearby. The only disadvantage I would say is the location as it seems a bit rough but then again I would not describe Sofia as a great city overall and such locations are a very common. Overall I was very satisfied from my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Allow me to express my gratitude for your positive comments. You have praised almost every department in our hotel and I am eager to share this with all the employees of Metropolitan Hotel Sofia.

I hope that you will be our guest again and we will have the pleasure to energize your day with our devotion!

Warmest regards,
E: Sales@@metropolitanhotelsofia.com

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My flight was diverted from Skopje to Sofia last minute. I booked at the Metropolitan because it seemed very close to the airport and high quality. Happy to confirm both things - also, very kind and professional staff, lovely and spacious rooms. I wish I had more time to check out all the hotel's services (like the spa) - it all seemed nice but I just did not have time because I stayed only for a night and left very early in the morning. I could not availe of breakfast (but got offered the option of a take-away box at the same price, which was very nice) and I was very happy with the free transport to the airport via private mini-van - it was punctual, comfortable and fast. A nice touch: I checked out at 4 a.m. and I found complemetary coffee and little biscuits at the reception. I recommend the Metropolitan especially if you want to be in the vicinity of the airport but also if you are planning to enjoy Sofia - on the way to the hotel I noticed that it is not too far from the city center either.

Room Tip: You can get rooms for smokers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Ms. Carla,

Please, accept my sincere gratitude for your honest review. It will give our team a wonderful start of the day! That is why we work hard every day - to earn our guests' appreciation and satisfaction.

If you have a chance to visit Sofia again, we will be honored to welcome you at Metropolitan.

Have a successful day and once again - thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Last week, I stayed there for one night.
The hotel is just perfect! Especially for business travelers - I used the free airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, complimentary mini bar!, abundant breakfast, spacious room with large bed and bathtub and free fitness and sauna. The staff is always smiling and very helpful. The lobby bar is cozy, with a big TV and piano.

Highly recommended! Deserves 5 stars!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business