“Good restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Telen dvor is one of the best restaurant in Zagreb. If you prefer grill, meat (special lamb) that is for you. Everytime when I visited this restaurant food is perfect, atmosphere is good too.

• Visited December 2012

• Serbian first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Charming Croatian Experience”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My boyfriend and I went here our first night in Zagreb because the apartment we were renting was close by and the landlord recommended it. Fortunately I looked at the menu online because when we arrived we were informed that the only menu for us was a German one (or Croatian). We were able to translate enough of the menu and I ordered the grilled tuna steak with vegetables and the house white wine and my boyfriend ordered the pasta with turkey and truffle sauce and the house red wine. Both of our wines were delicious and extremely affordable. The bread that they brought was some of the best bread I have ever had in a restaurant. Our dinners were great as well. His was extremely rich and large and he took it home and was able to eat it the next day for dinner as well (with a little vegetables added). My tuna was delicious and the sauce it came with (i got it on the side because I am always weary of sauce) was so great I even dipped the bread in it. The vegetables I received was a spinach, mushroom cream medley. It turns out that the vegetables cost extra, which I wish I would have known because the tuna and bread was so filling I barely ate the vegetables. They were good regardless. For dessert my boyfriend ordered the cheesecake and it was delicious! Definitely very out of the way if you are staying in Zagreb but if you have a chance to make it here and have a car, its a great experience. A traditional band also started to play during our dinner and the music was lovely!

• Visited September 2012
“Old Zagreb restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

A place with a long tradition among the locals. It's a bit out of hand because it's on the outskirts of the town. The food itself varies a lot, sometimes it can be really excellent, but on the other hand it can be average or worse. Their meat dishes are great, but i wouldn't recommend the fish. They are famous for their lamb. The restaurant is big and it's great for big groups. I gave it a very good rating because the quality of the food can sometimes really be superb.

• Visited June 2012
“Lamb-o-land”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is one of the classics among the restaurants in Zagreb, at least so the people say...
First thing I noticed when I sat down was that the menu was in Croatian only so I ended up as a translator for the rest of the people around the table, and the waiter wasn't much of a help once I understood that the only English word he knew was - 'OK'.
We ordered lamb that was cooked slowly over cinder, fish called Škarpina and some turkey steaks in some sort of a instant sauce. The lamb was perfect, every one liked it, but it was the only thing that was right. The fish was obviously grilled on the same plate on which they grill the rest of their meet, so it tasted as if I was eating čevapćići :( The turkey steake was really tough, meaning the meat was oooold and the worst thing above all- the hot pieces of bread we got were covered with the cloth so it received the smell of a washing powder,yuck!
But the bad news weren't over, the bill was way over 100,-€ and for that money you expect to get the best possible quality of the food!
Getting up from the table and walking to the door I noticed that every other table had a portion of the same lamb dish we were eating, concluding that this is the place to were the lamb is, and any other food,really, isn't.

• Visited May 2012
“Local specialities”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

raccommended: peka, meso na žaru....
for everybody who loves MEET!