“I expected more.”
Review of Tehnicki Muzej

Tehnicki Muzej
Ranked #53 of 239 things to do in Zagreb
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My whole family loves technical stuff and we went there together. I really expected more, I expected to be able to see that exhibit carefully and to enjoy it. It was impossible, because there was VERY, VERY cold. They don't heat the museum during the winter. Also, all the engines are very old, with poor descriptions. The curator in the engine part is very young and inexperienced.
We went to planetarium. It was very short presentation, only about 12 minutes. In planetarium was a bit warmer, but not enough. During that presentation they were turning the lights off for 10 minutes (because of the eyes) and after the presentation was the same. Presentation was nice and the curator was really well informed about those days and stars in the sky.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was with my friends when I was like 10, we've really enjoyed ourselves, we found that technology amazing and we were just amazed how a human could have done it like 100 yrs ago; it has even a little mine that describes life of people in 19th century, there are airplanes, cars, trains etc. bring your kid and I'm sure he/she will enjoy there :)

1  Thank dora4444
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I visited the Tehnical museum few times. I found it quite interesting, I enjoyed looking at the engines, mills, vehicles, electricity displays. It's true, they're a little old, which makes it all that more interesting. The best points were the reconstructed mine underneath the building and sky and stars.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I visited the museum in winter and I was pretty much the only person there. I found it quite interesting, I enjoyed looking at the engines / mills / vehicles / electricity displays. It's true, they're a little old, which makes it all that more interesting. The best points were the reconstructed mine underneath the building (this has had some serious effort put into it, it feels just like a real mine), and the tesla demonstration. Make sure you see both of these. I was the only English speaker on the guided mine tour and the guide still explained everything to me, which I really appreciated. The bad points were that most of the demos weren't working, but half the museum is under reconstruction so hopefully they'll be fixing this up. All in all, it's absolutely fantastic value!

1  Thank levymetal
Reviewed 21 November 2012

A visit to the Technical Museum is to step back into the technology of the past. There are exhibits of large steam engines, machinery and early aircraft engines. There is a good demonstration of Tesla's electrical experiments, who is a Croatian native son. The exhibits and the entire museum have a sense of innocence that add to their charm.