“Good restaurant in gornij grad”

Restaurant Katedralis
Ranked #574 of 792 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Moscow, Russia
“Good restaurant in gornij grad”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just perfect. Good food and service right across the Cathedral. The only downside is "live" music which actually inexists:)))

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great Croatian food and nice service”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wanted to try some Croatian dishes. The waiter was very helpful in explaining everything to me. I tried (and loved) djuvec rice and cevapcici. The restaurant is just across the Cathedral.

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Food, Service interesting”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great food on offer, the fresh fish of sea bass i had was excellent (190 HRK), and the grilled octopus for entre (80 HRK) was also very tasty.

The wine selection is limited and should accommodate other regions, as the quality of white wine on offer is only dry or 3 are medium dry local wines. A selection of international wines would balance this aspect. The wine we chose was 180 HRK (approx 23 Euro) which was mid to high range. The go up to 260 HRK.

My tiramisu was appauling, and resembled a hard cream cake with coffee sauce drizzled over the plate. I wanted to return it but given it was the end of the evening I thought id just such it up and move on.

What was the surprize at the end was we paid for our bill by credit card, I removed the receipt from the folder. Then the waiter came over, opened up the folder, and said ''we dont include tips in the bill'' which meant ''wheres my tip''. Now, if i was in the US, Canada, and some other parts of Europe, I would probably tip. I dont generally tip unless the service is good, and I certainly object to be asked for one. So again, I left a tip, but based on that i would not return to this place simply on principal and the rrogance of expectation of the staff in this regards

I would strongly suggest that some level of manners, humility and decorum is obtained prior to telling patrons that you should tip. Thats my tip here on TA.

And that is why I have dragged the 4 star rating to 3.

• Visited February 2013
“Very good beef, nice and central place”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Good position, just in front of the cathedral. Nice and supportive staff, although they do not know how to heat up a kid's meal (they burnt our daughter's meal, fortunately we had some more in the bag).

• Visited December 2012
“Güzel cevabi”
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Good cevabi ,low price, in centre, big porsion, live music, cheap beer, i offer this restaurant. Near kathedrale. Small and clean restaurant.