“Sophia”

Ranked #41 of 150 Speciality Lodging in Zagreb
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Sophia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

It's a lovely place, the owners have great taste and make ornaments and souveinrs, their love for crafts is much refelected in both in the apartment and in the yard. A hearty recommendation to everyone with kids, they'll love the yard and the surroundings. It's a quite, neat place not far off from the main road, very convenient if you're coming from the airport, even getting downtown is pretty straightforward (you'll need a car for both, though). The owners are just about the most welcoming people I've met, willing to help with anything we needed. Great trip and good memories.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

A Lovely, fully equipped, clean apartment, good wifi with beatiful garden and private porch. We planned to stay 2 nights but remained longer, it was so comfortable. A washing machine did the trick after traveling for a couple of weeks from Croatia to Zagreb. The family who owns the property were trained in the hotel industry & it shows: offered little niceties such as Kitchen spices, extra towels, plastic bags, sissors, pen & paper, etc. that made our stay just like home. They even took us to a needed tailor for repair of jeans. We were so grateful for such kind support. Tram & bus make getting into the city easy (if you remenber where to get off). Shops 1 block away where everything is available. I recommend Suncani to everyone - from families to older adults.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The apartment is situated in a rural place of Zagreb and it's very peaceful. Nicely furnished, clean, functional, good Wi-Fi signal. Ideal for travelers with car as you are not in the center of Zagreb. Parking for a car behind gate is another advantage as you have to pay the parking almost everywhere in the city center (more than 2€ on the street, 0.70 - 1.2€ in the garage).

The owners are extremely helpful and gentle, really enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My sojourn at Suncani took place as summer was making its entrance into beautiful Zagreb. After a lengthy train journey from Budapest to Croatia and countless delays, I arrived at Natalia's home, exhausted, hungry and unfortunately, cashless. Natalia's mother, a warm and energetic woman, greeted me as I exited the cab - she paid for my fare, promptly ushered me to my apartment and soon afterwards, Natalia herself arrived into my room with an assortment of menus so I could order food. "These guys have great pizza" she said, as she pointed to one of the menus. Her recommendation was truly scrumptious. I later paid Natalia and her mother back for the food and cab fare once I was able to withdraw cash, but I cannot tell you how grateful I was to have been helped after enduring such an ordeal on the train. Natalia's hospitality didn't end there - I met with Natalia's mother the next morning, after a wonderful rest in the apartment, and listened to her tales of travels while enjoying a delightful cup of coffee and local sweets.

During the course of my stay, I needed help again - this time with travel tips to Lake Plitvice. Natalia not only went out of her way to assist, if there was ever a question that I asked which she didn't have an immediate answer to, she would say "Don't worry Jain, you go enjoy your day, when you come back in evening, I will have answer for you." As someone who was traveling alone, I never felt more at home and safe during my entire journey abroad than what I experienced during my stay at Suncani.

Other tips: the apartment itself is kept very clean (I am picky about this) and the shower is WONDERFUL. Suncani is about 35 minutes from the city center, but the bus and tram that you need to take arrive frequently, every 5-8 minutes. In fact, I never waited more than 6 minutes for a bus or tram. There is a grocery store in walking distance to Suncani, a great way to save money and stock up on a few items and snacks. I also suggest you purchase the Zagreb city card from the tourism office, as bus and tram fare are free with the card.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did with Natalie and her family. They truly have redefined hospitality and I hope to return someday for another stay at Suncani. Safe travels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Suncani as a family of four. Suncani is wonderful, the property is situated on a family plot of around 4 houses. The family are wonderful, helpful polite and interesting. The apartment is clean and fully equipped and beautifully decorated with home made items which you can also purchase as souvenirs. I would recommend Suncani to anyone! The perfect place to explore Zagreb from with the luxury of a relaxing atmosphere outside of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The most important thing about this hotel is how they treat you, with copurtesy and care. Everything was perfect, with all tha thij`ngs you need and some extras, which makes the Difference.
Tha owners, Natalia and her family, was so kind that we really feel as familiy.
The best criteria about this appartment
Congratulations
Jorge Suarez
Ecuador

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jorge S
Natalia K, Manager at Suncani Apartmani, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mr. Jorge,

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed having you as our guests!
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed here briefly this autumn, after an extended visit last spring, so I have quite a bit of "experience" at Suncani. It is a short walk away from a nice, new, good-sized supermarket. If you would rather eat in a restaurant, there are several fast-food types at the mall,a short drive or moderate walking distance away. You can ride the local bus as well.Also, it is not very far to go further into Zagreb for anything you need; Natalie and family will be glad to help you there.They also can advise you about visiting other areas of Croatia. They are great promoters of tourism in their beautiful land!They take pride in their work and maintaining the property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo