“Amazing Land of Waterfalls!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mreznica River Half Day Kayaking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huck Finn is the leading Croatian adventure travel outfitter and operator. We pioneered rafting, canoeing, sea kayaking, biking and adventure sailing tours and excursions in the country in the past two decades and have reached the highest level of quality and professionalism in service. Huck Finn operates 20 different one-day excursions and cooperates with other tour operators by providing all-inclusive custom made trips or just gear, logistics, guides etc. Nobody knows Croatia better or cares more about the environment, sustainable operations and benefit to local residents. Therefore Huck Finn will provide excellent service and value for your travel in Croatia. The photos will show you some of those wonderful but hidden places in Croatia, as well as illustrate the passion and commitment to outdoors.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Land of Waterfalls!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my third trip to Croatia with Huck Finn, and I had an amazing time!

The weather was perfect and all the recent rain meant the river activities were awesome! Both guides were fantastic and as usual nothing was too much trouble... Food was excellent too.

I was so inspired by the white water activities that I'm now on the lookout for a white water kayak, though UK rivers just can't compare with what there is in beautiful Croatia!

Visited June 2013
6 Thank Bronyrafon

Brighouse
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful fun adventure. Excellent company and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The land of waterfalls holiday was one of the best we have ever had. Beautiful country and very helpful and friendly people everywhere. From the first contact to the office everything was sorted even advice about our few days in Croatia before the holiday.
Nothing was too much trouble. Fillip drove 4 hours each way just to collect us from our appartment that we stayed before the holiday and that was worth the holiday alone with his great wit and conversation.
Everyday was so well organised and everyone from different backgrounds and abilities where all made to feel very welcome and good friends. Gorana was excelant at making this holiday special,she has the best people skills ever.
Kayaking down the spectacular waterfalls with superb instructors we did more than we would have thought we could. Go on the rafting day in Bosnia if you can, great experience.
Beautiful country- friendly people -excellent company - perfect holiday

Visited August 2011
8 Thank Richard H
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Richard,

we at Huck Finn are glad you had such a great time. We hope to see you both again soon.
I'll make sure to pass this to Filip and Gorana.

Best, Vanja
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Adventurous and personalized way to visit Croatia! Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We found this tour company online, and were so lucky we did. They were incredibly patient answering all kinds of silly questions (I had never been to Europe before) and helped us to plan a trip of a lifetime. It would not have been at all the same had we just done the activities on our own. Huck Finn gave us a unique experience in that they helped us understand the culture and way of life of the locals. We really loved it there. Getting to know everyone was a lot of fun. They guides were great, had us pick activities to customize the trip just for us. Thank you!!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank travcat235
Thank you! We're glad we could help and make your first trip to Europe memorable.
We hope to see you again some day.

Vanja
Vienna Region, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Huck Finn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We went on one of the rafting tours last summer and were very impressed with the company. They were very responsive on e-mails, answering lots of questions about accommodating children, directions, date changes, etc. We highly recommend Huck Finn for rafting in Croatia. The guides on the tour were very knowledgeable, professional and great fun to spend time with.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank ClaveninSouth
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you! We do our best :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Once they have your money, they don't care about your trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Myself and my boyfriend recently visited croatia and thought rafting down the river Una would be amazing. We booked a trip through Huck Finn. The trip might have been good, if we had been able to take part. Before I payed I was emailed a google map to the location. The journey looked quite simple. I payed fore the trip, and communications went quiet. I did not recieve a confirmation about my payment, and I did not recieve the further email i was told I would get with further instruction on how to find the meeting point. By this time we were already in Croatia on our trip. So I tried to call the phone numbers provided, one went unanswered, the other was an incorrect number. On the day we set of to find he meeting point. After travelling around in bosnia, trying to follow the map we had been given that bared very little resemblance to the driving route, for an hour and a half, I again tried to phone the numbers I was given, and again i was unable to get to speak to anyone. Eventually we had to accept defeat and turn around. When I returned to the uk I contacted Gorana of Huck Finn and have recieved no apology for the lack of email communication and the phone numbers that do not work.

Once Huck Finn have your money, it appears you are no longer their priority. I feel I wasted 84 euros and a day of my holiday, because of the incompetence and poor communication of this company.

7 Thank Daniellef22
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Danielle,

We are sorry for the bad experience you had with Huck Finn, especially because we put a lot of effort in organizing your rafting trip. When the other participants who were supposed to share the raft with you cancelled, we hired two more guides to fill up the boat to avoid cancelling your excursion. Three guides were ready and waiting just for you for several hours. The only interest we had in organizing your rafting trip was your satisfaction, as we believe other reviews on TripAdvisor show. We did send you a link on Google Maps, detailed instructions on how to reach the location and confirmation of your payment, as we always do to keep all our customers well informed and satisfied. We are also available for telephone calls 24/7 during the whole season, but we did not receive your phone call. Since you were calling us to Croatia from Bosnia, you probably experienced network problems.
Our cancellation policy for 1-day trips is that we cannot refund any money if the client does not show up. This is our way of protecting ourselves against last minute cancellations and it proved to be neccessary because we experienced these cancellations many times.
Again, we are very sorry for your bad experience and please feel free to contact us if you have have any other questions.