“Huck Finn Land of Waterfalls”

Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips
Book In Advance
More Info
US$32.14*
and up
Mreznica River Half Day Kayaking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huck Finn is the leading Croatian adventure travel outfitter and operator. We pioneered rafting, canoeing, sea kayaking, biking and adventure sailing tours and excursions in the country in the past two decades and have reached the highest level of quality and professionalism in service. Huck Finn operates 20 different one-day excursions and cooperates with other tour operators by providing all-inclusive custom made trips or just gear, logistics, guides etc. Nobody knows Croatia better or cares more about the environment, sustainable operations and benefit to local residents. Therefore Huck Finn will provide excellent service and value for your travel in Croatia. The photos will show you some of those wonderful but hidden places in Croatia, as well as illustrate the passion and commitment to outdoors.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Huck Finn Land of Waterfalls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We did the five-day version of the Land of Waterfalls trip and would recommend it. I especially enjoyed the rafting in Bosnia. It rained heavily on one day, and our guides (Nikolas and Ana) were very chilled out and accommodating. None of us particularly wanted to get on a bicycle in the rain so instead we visited a bear sanctuary and flour mill. We enjoyed staying in a small, peaceful, beautiful local village. Evenings consisted of fantastic outdoor meals and good chats with the other members of our tour group over local liquors. I also really enjoyed the history talk given by our guide Nikolas before dinner one evening. The history of Croatia is obviously very complex and turbulent so it was informative to hear it from a local person.

2 Thank du_vin_rouge

Peebles, Scotland, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Land of the Waterfalls - brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was met at Zagreb airport by the lovely Arena, and we all drove to the beautiful Korana Village, where we were settled into our accommodation. Our accommodation hosts Marko and his wife and daughter were so kind and generous. The activities throughout the week were fun, exciting, challenging, awesome, and very well organised and safe. The group itself was the best - thank you everyone - and the food was homemade, traditional and delicious, eaten as we sat by the fire in the evenings and laughed about the day's adventures.
Both of our guides - Irena and Ana were very friendly, attentive, thoughtful, organised and fun!
I would recommend this trip to everyone who has a sense of adventure, wants to see some of the Croatian countryside and its culture and who likes water! Go for it!

1 Thank Cath S
Durban, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Land of Waterfalls - awesome trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I signed up for this trip really late, and Huck Finn went out their way to accommodate me - very impressed with the organisation. I'm SO glad I did this, it was the highlight of my holiday in Croatia.

Great group of likeminded people, so well organised and hosted by Irena and Ana (who were truly "The Dream Team"), awesome activities (the Una river rafting just fantastic), delicious local food (and plum brandy!), wonderful village accommodation. There's nothing I would change and I can't recommend this more highly.

Be aware that the activities really are quite "active" and you'll need a moderate level of fitness - which suited me perfectly - but not for those thinking it's a Sunday stroll in the park.

Montreal, Canada
“Land of Waterfalls Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed Huck Finn's Land of Waterfalls. We would recommend it to anyone interested in a week of varied activities (hiking, rafting, kayaking, biking, walking), while experiencing different parts of beautiful Croatia.
Korana Village is idyllic and the meals were delicious.
The guides are very friendly and accommodating and have a deep knowledge of the activities and the local areas. They take good care of you from the moment you are greeted at the airport to the moment it is time to say goodbye. If it happens to rain during your stay..they will even lend you a rain coat.
Overall a fantastic experience. Would love to do it again!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great fun day out with fun and experienced guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My partner and I used huck Finn to do a zadar river kayak trip just yesterday.

From arrival to departure the guides were fun, friendly, Easy-going, helpful and commited to ensuring that we all (there were 8 of us on the trip in the end) were all well catered for and had a great day.

I would definitely recommend

Some words of advice
1. Don't think that you will be able to get a coffee, picnic, drink easily on arrival. We were badly organised, as were another couple, but thankfully the llovely guides took us to a shop for water and snacks, and there is a beer/coffee stop at the end which is nice
2. If you have let your fitness regime slip badly then prepare for achy arms! Well worth it though, and you feel like you have earned your beer!
3. The barrels you take on the boat with you are very secure, and huge. So no need to scrimp with the picnic or panic about your camera

Enjoy