“Adventure sailing...awesome!”

and up
Mreznica River Half Day Kayaking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huck Finn is the leading Croatian adventure travel outfitter and operator. We pioneered rafting, canoeing, sea kayaking, biking and adventure sailing tours and excursions in the country in the past two decades and have reached the highest level of quality and professionalism in service. Huck Finn operates 20 different one-day excursions and cooperates with other tour operators by providing all-inclusive custom made trips or just gear, logistics, guides etc. Nobody knows Croatia better or cares more about the environment, sustainable operations and benefit to local residents. Therefore Huck Finn will provide excellent service and value for your travel in Croatia. The photos will show you some of those wonderful but hidden places in Croatia, as well as illustrate the passion and commitment to outdoors.
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adventure sailing...awesome!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We did the 5 day adventure sailing trip in early June. It was just awesome.
The boat...a brand new luxury catamaran...
Our cabin...a spacious double with its own bathroom
The crew...Captain Zeljko who must know every inch of the coast near dubrovnik like the back of his hand...always found the sweet spots for swimming and paddleboarding...and is great company...and his boat 'Cinderella' Zeljka who kept us fed and heading in the right direction on our biking, strolling and kayaking adventures...again great company and full of stories...
The activities...tailored to the group so that you could do as much or as little as you wanted...included paddleboarding, biking, hiking over ancient walls, swimming, kayaking, snokelling...all fabulous and fun...oh yes and the eating...lots of eating!
Overall great value for money given all of the included activities and the quality of the boat and equipment...just wished we didn't live so faraway so that we could go again soon!

Thanks heaps guys :-)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank rozzy2014

London, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent rafting experience!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went rafting with Huck Finn in April. They were very responsive to e-mails so it was easy enough to arrange everything. Our rafting instructor, Tin, was very friendly, funny and nice to chat to. Overall, a very good experience!

Visited April 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I can't recommend it enough!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My friends and I did the 3 day Waterfall trip and loved every minute of it. It was recommended to me by a friend who'd already done it and although I'm not usually a tour kinda girl, we went for it.

Micha was an awesome guide, extremely professional and fun. And we were lucky to have a really great group of people to adventure around with. We stayed in a gorgeous little village homestay - the owners were so lovely and would make us turkish coffee in the morning. We had a fresh water stream on our doorstep to cool down or could venture 5 minutes into the forest to swim at a stunning waterfall.

Micha adapted our programme to fit with our wants - we walked around Plitvice National Park, stopping at a very cute spot for a picnic lunch. We went white-water rafting - extremely good fun! Especially appreciated the hot Bosnian men helping us with our lifejackets. We also did the kayaking. Again, just stunning.

I'm from NZ so I have high expectations, but the places we went to were just magic. It's hard to think of more synonyms for amazing, stunning, picturesque.

My only regret was not doing the 5 days.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank claire s
Delaware, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Excellent vacation with Huck Finn-Croatia”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was an excellent vacation with Huck Finn. Of course the staff and guides make the company what it is. Arranging our "Best of Croatia 8 day multi-sport" went smoothly because of Vanja. Great job! Thank you also for your prompt return of e-mails.

Our guides, Matko (aka, my boy) and Ivanja (aka, the blond), made our trip VERY enjoyable. I would like you to know you did everything so well, were very accommodating, knowledgeable, and hardworking. The chemistry between the two guides was awesome and made the adventure trip even better. You were are "dream team." Thank you for a perfect vacation! Keep up the great work you do!

On our adventure trip with Huck Finn we stayed at nice hotels, and homestays. I enjoyed the mix of the two because with the homestays you experienced the local culture, food, and people and at the hotels you were more of a tourist. At our last homestay, we had to share a bathroom, which we knew before we even booked our vacation. It worked out well because I feel Matko did an excellent job of matching up the couples. Make sure you bring your own toiletries such as shampoo, soap etc. when staying at the homestays. The food was always good and we were offered a variety of local seafood or meat dishes. They try there best to cater to vegetarians and people with food allergies. I always ordered the seafood because it was always so fresh and usually prepared on a wood fired grill. The vegetables were homegrown and bread was fresh baked. Drinks were on your own. Make sure you try the local grappa, called Rakia (not sure of the spelling). I think I enjoyed it a little more than I should have. It also has a varied alcohol content depending on who makes it. I especially enjoyed the place we were taken for lunch outside Krka National Park. The group had way to much fun here, and the prosciutto was the best I have ever eaten. The grappa here was the best too and it was homemade.

The equipment that we used for kayaking, biking, etc was top notch and I understood that Huck Finn owns their own equipment. One of the days it was only 40 degrees and the air was cold and damp. Our group wondered if we really wanted to kayak. After we arrived at the site, and put on our wet suits, water shoes, and jackets provided we realized we could do this without a doubt. My husband and I even capsized our kayak. When we got back in the boat we were warm within a couple minutes.

The guides also pick you up at the start of the trip and drop you off at your hotel, the bus station or airport at completion. They were very prompt and the vehicles of transport throughout the trip were comfortable and clean.

It is also recommended, by Trip Advisor, to let you know what I liked least about the trip, but I really can not think of any. As far as the best part of the trip,well, it would be our guides chemistry, and the group we traveled with for 8 days as we all got a long extremely well. The sad part is our trip had to end with Huck Finn. I hope we get back to Croatia someday. Thanks again Matko, Ivana, and the Huck Finn staff who made our trip possible!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank MARCIA077
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Huck Finn Land of Waterfalls”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We did the five-day version of the Land of Waterfalls trip and would recommend it. I especially enjoyed the rafting in Bosnia. It rained heavily on one day, and our guides (Nikolas and Ana) were very chilled out and accommodating. None of us particularly wanted to get on a bicycle in the rain so instead we visited a bear sanctuary and flour mill. We enjoyed staying in a small, peaceful, beautiful local village. Evenings consisted of fantastic outdoor meals and good chats with the other members of our tour group over local liquors. I also really enjoyed the history talk given by our guide Nikolas before dinner one evening. The history of Croatia is obviously very complex and turbulent so it was informative to hear it from a local person.

Visited September 2013