“Nice Surprise!”
Review of Hotel Croatia

Hotel Croatia
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at Hotel Croatia on May 17, 2013 and were very happy with the hotel. The rooms were very clean but the what made it very special was the staff. They bent over backwards to help us to make our stay very special. The hotel is small and we would have a hard time finding it without our GPS. The girl at the front desk spoke fluent English and gave us great directions for what tram to take to visit the attractions. Great value for the money. We were very happy to pick this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have never posted a review before good or bad but wanted to post a review after staying here as it was excellent. As others have said the cleanliness, rooms and facilities are really good but what really made our trip special were the owners, their families and the staff who went out of their way to make our trip so special.

I don't think I have ever been treated as well by as many people before and I truly hope and trust this hotel continues to get the reviews it deserves.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a relatively new hotel in Zagreb. It is not in the heart of the city but is a mere 20 mins walk to the city centre and is reflected in the price. The rooms are a good size and very clean and tidy. The hotel caters mainly for business travellers but I stayed with my family in late March 2013. In addition to the friendliness of the staff they also supplied additional breakfast items specifically for my children which I thought was a fantastic gesture and really added to our overall experience. Zagreb is an amazing city and I would highly recommend this hotel as your base to explore all that Zagreb has to offer.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maurice K
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Croatia for three nights. I got the feeling that it could be four stars: large rooms, good service, perfect cleaness. Breakfasts are quite simple but good enough to begin the day.
The staff at reception were really helpful and did their best to help me, even with some tricky question I asked about a restaurant for dinner. Their English knowledge (specially the young girl´s) is espectacular.

Connections to the city center with the tram are perfect. I could not believe that there is a tram every three minutes on a Sunday!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mgrijalba
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Central located in Zagreb, close to everything.
Everything is new and clean and the rooms are spacious. Breakfast is basic but enought. We even get a scrambled eggs at Sunday morning .
This hotel just fits 3 star description and good value for money
Our host was helpful and on disposal all the time. Very kind and polite man.
Definitely good choice for all of us coming from region to Zagreb.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mianaBG
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is definitely very nice hotel. You can trust the pictures as they were not made with some funky lenses. The rooms are really spacious, as well as the bathroom. All is new, nice and clean. It is centrally located, not too noisy street. Parking is available. The staff are very friendly, I guess it is family run business. I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed in this hotel last spring. The management was most helpful, the rooms clean and cheerful. Altho it is a few blocks from the Trg, it's location is quite convenient to the tram, restaurants, shopping, etc. and is therefore quiet. Having just arrived from the states, it was easy to rest and become used to the time change. I would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Although this is not a highly traveled main street, the rooms on the south are quieter.