“Great stay”
Review of Hotel Croatia

Hotel Croatia
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We loved our stay in this hotel. The friendly and helpful staff, especially the young woman at the front desk made our stay most enjoyable. There was a bit of a walk into the old town, but it took only about 15 minutes.. The room was spotless and the breakfasts were good. We are looking forward to our return when we will spend the last night of our trip to Croatia in Zagreb.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. Very nice rooms. Bright, spacious and cheery. Also an excellent breakfast included in the price.
The young woman at the front desk was very helpful. She suggested restaurants (Vindolo) which turned out to be great. the hotel is Only a short walk from the historic centre of zagreb.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

When I asked for the price of the hotel I was told that the price of double room is 450 kunas. And I accepted. But when I was checking out and wanted to pay they billed me quite a different price of 599 kunas. After that, when I complained about the price were followed by degradation of the owner. Saying what you want, find for this money a better hotel if you can. It is unfortunate that I just had to take this hotel because it was across the street from the hospital in which I had to come.
In particular I was disappointed also whit the breakfast. And the room where the breakfast was held - the cellar.
Also I was wondering if the owners know what time of year is. Because I doubt that in summer you use quilts when it's 30 Celsius at night.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel with friends when scotland played croatia.The hotel is own by two brothers and they made sure we all had a great time.The hotel is spotless and the staff were great.Just like to say thanks to them from kenny neil rod derek norman.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank texayr
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at Hotel Croatia on May 17, 2013 and were very happy with the hotel. The rooms were very clean but the what made it very special was the staff. They bent over backwards to help us to make our stay very special. The hotel is small and we would have a hard time finding it without our GPS. The girl at the front desk spoke fluent English and gave us great directions for what tram to take to visit the attractions. Great value for the money. We were very happy to pick this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have never posted a review before good or bad but wanted to post a review after staying here as it was excellent. As others have said the cleanliness, rooms and facilities are really good but what really made our trip special were the owners, their families and the staff who went out of their way to make our trip so special.

I don't think I have ever been treated as well by as many people before and I truly hope and trust this hotel continues to get the reviews it deserves.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a relatively new hotel in Zagreb. It is not in the heart of the city but is a mere 20 mins walk to the city centre and is reflected in the price. The rooms are a good size and very clean and tidy. The hotel caters mainly for business travellers but I stayed with my family in late March 2013. In addition to the friendliness of the staff they also supplied additional breakfast items specifically for my children which I thought was a fantastic gesture and really added to our overall experience. Zagreb is an amazing city and I would highly recommend this hotel as your base to explore all that Zagreb has to offer.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family