“Reasonable place to stay overnight in Zagreb”
Review of Apartments My Way

Apartments My Way
Apartments My Way
Ranked #122 of 159 Speciality Lodging in Zagreb
Chicago, Illinois
“Reasonable place to stay overnight in Zagreb”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We needed a no frills place to stay in Zagreb and weren’t too concerned about location. It was basically a layover for us between destinations. The five of us arrived late to stay in this clean apartment for one night in Zagreb. It was great for a place to crash and get up in the morning and move on. We arrived around midnight and found a key in the door so we could quickly arrive, unpack, shower and go to sleep. It can be a bit hard to find at night no matter how technologically supported you may be. Make sure you don’t turn on the lights in the evenings for too long during the summer otherwise you’ll have a room full of hungry mosquitoes to contend with all night. The next morning, the friendly staff checked us out without any complications, provided us directions to the closest good bakeries for breakfast, we paid by credit card and were on our way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Positives: Very helpful staff, clean, nice room. The design is cool and cheerful. Many signs help to find the place.

Negatives: A little remote from the city center. The church bell is a little disturbing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment through booking.com.

This apartment was located in another part of Zagreb (Sljivarska Ulica, 32), quite a distance away from the owner’s main block of apartments (a fact that is neglected to be mentioned on the booking.com and My Way websites!). We had taken a taxi from the airport to the block of flats unaware that our apartment was located in another part of the city. After several attempted phone calls to the owner and to a taxi firm, we eventually got picked up by the owner’s husband to take us to our accommodation.

Good things

1) Cheap accommodation

2) Multiple electric power sockets

3) Free WiFi

4) Sufficient street parking

Bad things

1) Poorly documented that apartment was in different part of Zagreb city (was only mentioned in one part of booking reference (much less obvious than the address for the main block of flats, which also appeared on booking reference!). Nowhere on the My Way Apartments website does it mention “offsite” accommodation.

2) Difficulty in using apartment door lock – there is a certain (and wholly unnecessary) knack to using it – pull door towards you as you turn the key.

3) There seems to be very little around this apartment – a small grocery store (mostly alcohol), a baker’s, cash machine, a couple of bars and a mini-supermarket within a 10 minute walk.

4) No shower head holder wall bracket – something small but would make it so much easier to use the shower.

5) Shower cubicle was on the small side.

6) Insufficient towels - we were given 1 bath towel and three hand towels between four adults. We asked for some larger towels which arrived 24 hours later and were really rather worn.

7) No controller available for air conditioner – so we were unable to use it.

8) No kettle in a self-catering apartment is somewhat strange, but in a country of coffee lovers, this was rather bewildering.

9) No handles on fridge or freezer doors – the easiest way to access fridge was to open freezer door (with a struggle) and then open fridge door.

10) Bed Mattress too soft to be comfortable.

11) Sofa – lacks padding to be comfortable – it gave me a bad back!

12) Some electric sockets (and cupboards) not fitted properly

13) At this property, it was not possible to pay by debit/credit card, despite it being mentioned that it was possible on booking reference and the My Way website.

14) Lack of storage space particularly in the double bedroom (just one small chest of drawers).

Despite the price, it was felt that this apartment did not represent good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Zagreb hotels

Kastela, Croatia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have booked via Booking.com, especially because very good reviews and nice photos. However, apartment that we booked was not even a close to photos on booking.com, it was not even in same building, it was apartment from same owner but in another building, on another location. First surprise was that no payments with credit card are possible, after asking why, possibility is offered but in another building not on same location. This was minor issue. After I asked lady who made check in where should I turn on the light, she told me that guests before broke light switch and that there is NO light in kitchen and living room at the moment, since no one managed to repair it (??!). So we hadn't light at all for 4 days except small light on hood.
Bed was terrible, too soft, blankets too small. Worst surprise was in the morning, when sunshine went in so we noticed that all kitchen doors are greasy and dirty. There was no 4 same glasses except plastic ones, not to mention coffee cups. I was searching for cutting board and found half box of used cornflakes in the kitchen, but no cutting board. So I took a plate and it was disgusting. All plates were oily and greasy, and dirty. It means no one checked dishes when cleaning apartment. Also there was 1 broken dirty plastic bowl in kitchen.

Positive thing- apartment was close to location where we had business event, parking is safe, there is very nice coffee bar nearby, there is good bakery close.
If someone would clean more and change some small things, this place would be ok- for 3 stars.
At the moment I wouldn't recommend it to no one.

Room Tip: Probably other apartments are ok, but this one on Sljivarska 32 is horrible.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

This is a great budget place to stay. It is very clean and spacious. I highly recommend this accommodation to anyone staying in Zagreb. This is more for those people who are with a car might be a bit far to walk.

• Stayed January 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I was there, it was great.. Now I'm confused because im seeing one bad review about same apartment... I was there before one weak and I must say that apartment is so beautifull.. Don't know, may bee people changed something inside, I cant recognize because ewerything is completly new. Ok, I was about 4 days there and it was one great expereance. Apartments is not in center of Zagareb, but you can see that on the map on their web site: www.apartmanimyway.com... In ewening is the best, it is silent and from the garden you have natural panorama of all Zagareb! My expereance is great... I hope that i will know howe to atach photos here...

Room Tip: Ewery apartment is special and unique...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank OnTheRoad492
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We spent one night in "Two-Bedroom Apartment".

Interior, furniture, equipment were not "high end" but everithing was quite workable. Shower cabin had no door or curtain on one side. It looked home-made. Kitchen was equiped with gas stove without electric striking, but there where now matches in the apartments. The stove was connected with gas balloon, which was located right here in the kithchen. I found this solution not safety. Microwave was located on the kitchen tabletop, but there were no wall outlets nearby. So we had to move microwave to another side of the living room (kitchen was combined with the living room). We put it on the chair near wall outlet - it was the single way to use microwave.

Nevertheless apartment was rather large and well equipped. There were two separate bed rooms. Beds were large and comfortable. There where two balconies, but we have no opportunity to use them by reason of very bad weather.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family