Esplanade Zagreb Hotel
Palace Hotel(Zagreb)
US$140
Agoda.com
2,854 results
All reviewsorient expressbeautiful hotelzinfandel restaurantle bistrol'occitane toiletriesold worldluxury hoteltrain stationold schoolart decomain restaurantbotanical gardensold styleour room was spaciousbreakfast buffetupper townthe main square
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed for business trip followed by a few days holidays. Booking a meeting room and business lunch by e-mail made extremely easy by efficient staff with excellent service on the day.

Rooms not big but good size and clean. Bathroom very small but the L'occitane products made me forget the size. Bed one of the greatest I have experienced in a hotel. Fitness centre good but small. Services in beauty cenrter excellent.

Terrace great for lunch and breakfast or just a drink in the evening. Breakfast buffet delicious and staff welcoming and and helpful.

Business centre and free wifi great.

Only thing I was missing: The fantastic terrace is covered by parasols. Staff were helpful with moving a table out into the sun for breakfast ... but that bed in the sun would have been great in the afternoon ....

A pool in connection with the beauti center or outside would also be nice.

Restaurant is good, but a bit more publicity for your Bistro please ... one of the best meals I ever had!!

Will come back, privately or on business.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed at this Hotel in April. The reception staff were really helpful and booked us in very quickly. The rooms are specious and well equipped, the only down side no Coffee and Tea making facilities, but Room Service resolved that issue. The Bar is great and the prices are very reasonable, especially for the local beers, and all drinks come with nibbles! We had breakfast each morning, this was excellent quality and provided such a choice you were well set for the day. We chose to eat at the Hotel bistro rather than the Restaurant as it was a little more to our taste, and once again it was fantastic quality. The service from the Hotel also came into their own, when I decided to forget my continental plug and USB plug, however the Hotel came to the rescue and let me borrow both. A really nice touch, which set this Hotel apart from others was when Room Service pitched up and delivered a Cake on my Birthday. I would really recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Wow - wasn't sure what to expect of the regent esplanade, but we were more than pleasantly suprised. The hotel itself is beautiful, the recent renovation probably one of the most sympathetic and successful I have ever seen. The staff are friendly, very welcoming and efficient. The rooms ( we had a suite with lovely big balcony) are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel has a lovely clean fragrance.... Funny thing to mention, but I really noticed it! The breakfast is excellent - and the dining room beautiful. I cannot recommend the hotel enough. We were only passing through Zagreb briefly (2 nights, 1 full day) but have really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Not a chain hotel by an stretch! The staff is great, the food exquisite and the beds the best I ever slept in. My whole team slept great. The terrace is great for chilling and the bistro has food that not too expensive. The location can't be beat also.
If they have rooms they will upgrade to a better room no issue.

It does not have a pool however and the gym is small so a partnership with a bigger place would help. Also room service is only till 11 pm but they will send u anything they may have in kitchen!

But I love it here!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Classic hotel originally used for passengers of the Orient Express. Part of the Regent chain with excellent service and food. I stayed in 2 different rooms on separate nights. Only issue I have is that one comes with a traditional bath where the shower is attached to the middle of the tub, not at the end of tub. The other room had a separate shower which is great. The TV could be updated to flat panel, but there is hardly any U.S. channels to watch anyway. It is an easy walk to the main part of the city where the sites are.
Overall, it is much better than another hotel chain I stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business