“Good for the price”

Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Hamilton, Canada
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel on our way to Italy. Spacious rooms, clean and comfortable, good and friendly service. The breakfast had a lot of choices, the restaurant looks really nice. We didn't ask for more - it was good for one night rest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank krassid3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were a group of tourists heading to Italy, we stayed one night at the hotel and for that purpose it was great.
Well, the facade and the reception might be misleading - looked a little shabby. But the rooms were perfect, after reading reviews here I didn't expect much from the place but maybe they've improved since because I have no negative things to say about the rooms and service.
The only negative thing is the location - if you're a tourist visiting Zagreb, the hotel wouldn't perhaps be your first choice - too far away from the centre for walking. There should be some kind of transport to the centre though, but I don't know.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tsvetana
Tyrone, Ireland.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights as as part of sport tournament. Although my room was large and the sheets seemed clean everything else was not. The floor was dirty, the fridge was disgusting - like it hasn't been cleaned in years and everything was old and dated. The staff overall were rude and unfriendly apart from one waiter In restaurant and the man at the desk. The rest really let Croatians down. I ate in It one night due to no other option but to be fair the food was fine. Breakfast was basic but decent. I wouldn't recommend the hotel due to the rudeness of overall staff and the uncleanliness of the place. It does have a big shopping centre next door which is handy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Zagreb hotels

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Unbrlivable dirty, you may not find a lot of rot.
The Pictures on the web looking good .. but maybe photoshopped like hell.
We had a mice as guest in our room and in one room the hairdryer didn't work .. so we got another one.
The heater was in full power mode wihout the possibility of regulating.
The bathroom was not cleaned .. even we where 5 nights there ... unluluckily we prepaid the hotel otherwise we would have left the hotel.
Everything outside was dirty as well e.g. lobby, elevators, floors ...
The people tryed desperatly to change the picture .. so my recomondation .. look for another job bevore the hotel is bancrupt.
The breakfast was ok ... in parts, look for what you eat maybe you will get 3 hours old bacon or scramled eggs.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rolf S
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Holiday - Zagreb and very pleased with my overnight stay, amenities and meals at the hotel, which is a clean and comfortable establishment. Good location in Zagreb for my purpose with free parking. The staff was very helpful professional and hospitable. Great experience and priced reasonably for a hotel in Zagreb. It was a pleasure to meet Mike a hotelier, who has with his team make me feel at home. Also, there are very nice options for walking and jogging. I will definitely return again on next visit to Zagreb. Frank

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FrankVismeg
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel is outside of downtown Zagreb on a busy highway.I drove there so the transport was not difficult but without a car only taxi can be used for reaching the center.The building is quite large and the business seems to be specialized on large groups.It was more obvious at the breakfast what was quite poor, and the staff managed to minimize their service.
My room was average size and clean, the decor was rather old fashioned. Still I could get a good sleep until early morning when some heavy noise woke me up. The east side of the building where my room was, faces a truck depot with busy morning activity. I guess however that the other side is not much better because that looks at the highway.
Still the price value ratio is OK if you consider that the hotel is in a popular capital city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gabor274887
Switzerland
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We are here to conduct a course, and for us and the attendees everything is working out very well.
It is to be noted that smoking appears to be allowed inside the bar, so there is a likelihood that one smells that. We are not used to that anymore as it is not allowed in our home country anymore since many years.
Also, it is to be noted that the hotel is ten minutes from the city center.
If both do not bother you, the hotel is good as it is quiet, has large rooms (with bath tub), comfortable beds, a good restaurant, a bar and very helpful and friendly staff. Also, there are very nice options for jogging, if you like that.
WLAN is free of charge and fast.
At some places the hotel appears to need renovation. It is clean, though.

Room Tip: Good value- free and fast WLAN