“Stylish hotel in a good location.”

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Zagreb
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Stylish hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This has the quality you would expect from a Sheraton hotel. I thought the breakfast was good although I do expect that from the Sheraton chain. The piano bar actually produced a very good burger late at night for me and a very good steak and melted cheese sandwich for my colleague at a reasonable price (65Kn). We arrived late at the hotel and the local restaurants had just closed.

Important stuff ~2500 Kn for 2 nights. Nice room free WiFi.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerard K
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hi Gerard!

You are very kind in having posted a good descriptive on your stay. It is reassuring to see that you were genuinely satisfied with what you experienced. It will be nice to see you back soon. Please feel free to reach out and give us pointers on how we can raise the bar. It'll be appreciated.

Best wished to you and your loved ones for the Holiday Season!
Mario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have been in Sheraton Zagreb several times. The hotel is located in the central area, affordable price. Its taking few moments to walk to downtown and most of the sight seeing of Zagreb. If you are with car, there is underground parking behind the hotel, you have to pay separately. Hotel is very clean and quiet. Internet is free of charge but with some annoying setups. Breakfast is included in the price, breakfast is just so so. The hotel is mainly for business trips.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eitan_Silbiger
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Eitan,

It is truly reassuring to learn that we are meeting the mark in terms of your expectations, particularly in light of the fact that you are a loyal, frequent stayer. Raise the bar and tell us how we can improve your experience.

Thank you!
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Sheraton Zagreb is ALWAYS my first and only choice when traveling to and staying in Zagreb. In addition to location; the PEOPLE and SERVICE is what makes the difference. The entire staff, from the front desk, housekeeping, room service, and the restaurant and lounge staff............always proactive in accommodating guest requests and problem solving. Efficiency and quality is always top notch. Led by the experienced and stellar GM, Mario Susak, all of my stays at this hotel property; whether business, personal or hosting events for my business have been flawless and not only "no stress"...but very memorable! This property will be even better and even more exciting when it the room renovation is completed! Last minute requests, the highest quality F and B and all staff/services is NEVER in doubt. This always makes my business trips successful and personal trips the beyond. It is a perfect entertain clients and friends and I cant recommend high enough.....my satisfaction after hosting events in their Cafe Imperial. The Piano Bar is also very relaxing and I spend quite abit of time there! Thanks again to Mario and his great staff for providing a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for not only myself...but also friends and business colleagues alike, The Sheraton Zagreb is definitely the best value in Zagreb!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jcocose
Dear Jim,

You are too kind. Thank you for sharing this, and we look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business and I was rather impressed with the facility itself.
It is located in the center so everything is walking distance.

I loved the whole "retro" look of it and the room i had on the 3rd floor was great even though the view was non-existant. The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped - i appreciated having an iron and ironing board since in many 5* hotels I always have to ask the reception for it :) here comes the remarks part: the room smelled funky even though it was a non smoking room... and I asked my colleagues on the same floor and they complained that their rooms also have a scent. Another thing that I found as a minus to the experience: the bathrooms: there are black spots on the tiles - one of other colleagues even commented on this with a line: "I want to go to the convenient store, buy a cleaning detergent and clean it" so just an FYI that this should be addressed.

The reception staff was well knowledge and I remember the check-in was pretty simple and Valentina was really kind and pleasant to talk to. She explained everything in details.

F&B: The food was great! Breakfast great! Lunch great! Dinner great! everything tasted amazing and it was plenty of veggies and salads available at the buffet table. I've heard that you got a new chef so please send my compliments on the duck he prepared for the buffet lunch! Also your staff at the main restaurant is superb and attentive.
Meeting rooms were clean and well organized, the coffee break was well set and the pastries were fresh. Loved the dark chocolate pralines :)

I will definitely recommend this place to all the business partners and friends and I hope to stay there again.

BR

Vesna Vidakovic

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Vesna,

You are very kind to have taken the time to share your impressions. I take great pride in the fact that we managed to deliver on a good stay experience with you. My apologies for the issue with the latent smoke odour in the room. Let's reconnect - do come back soon, and I will make up for the scent issue.

Thanks!
Farnborough
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A fantastic hotel located centrally for all major attractions. I booked this as a bargain weekend break for 4 couples on a Christmas markets trip to Zagreb. As per the brand this was a cracking hotel and the booking superb value for money. The reception staff (Nina) was great and very patient throughout the booking in process. She also confirmed our romantic evening dinner (part of the package) and helped book our segway tour of the city. Checking out was also very simple. Our evening dining experience was particularly enjoyable in terms of food and wine and especially our very attentive waiter. Breakfasts are plentiful and very varied in content and once again very helpful members of staff. The piano bar is pleasantly very comfortable and the prices good in comparison with other hotels we have experienced. The rooms are very well appointed as you would expect and extremely spacious and comfortable. A great stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors to rear inside seemed quiet enough
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Paul,

You are too kind. Thank you so much for sharing your impressions. The best takeaway from this is that we can expect you back soon. We look foward to your coming back - let's reconnect.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel was built in 1995, but you wouldn't think it. Its a tired looking hotel with decor that harks back to the 80's, wooden paneled furniture, old fashioned decor. The hotels plus points, large rooms (on the executive floor at least), a gym and pool and central location were quickly neutralised by a faulty air conditioning unit in my room and the ensuing fight to get moved to a room in which I could sleep.

I haven't stayed in many Sheraton hotels and to be honest if this is their offer I doubt i'd stay in many more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hi Scott!

I appreciate that you took the time and effort to share your impressions. I am looking into your observations regarding the A/C issues you had during the course of your stay. My apologies for the inconvenience. I would really appreciate the opportunity to make this good. Give us another opportunity to reconnect, and I can asure you that I will personally see to it that your stay is nothing short of great. As far as your comments with respect to decor is concerned, I can tell you that we will be rolling out a major refurbishment of guest-rooms, public areas and food and beveragev outlets as of this winter.

I really hope to see you back!
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 14 November 2013

In Eastern Europe, finding reliable lodging its not an easy task. So, if your wallet is up to the challenge, Sheraton Zagreb is your answer if you are in the city. Nothing above of what you will get at any other Sheraton. The location is fantastic. We drove there and had no trouble finding it.The hotel is one more sample of good American hospitality "know how". Everybody, from the doorman to the housekeeping department or the food and beverage service persons know what they are doing. Good service, good English, professionalism and efficiency. The hotel should soon go a modernization. Don`t get me wrong, all rooms are sufficiently sized, impeccable, immaculate clean and everything works (even the TV remote...hurray!) but times flies and besides the nice work they have done at the coffee shop all other areas should be scheduled for an upgrade. The lobby bar is a real "comfort zone" for foreigners returning from a hectic, confusing business day in Croatia. All prices are "west European" but, as I said, if you can afford it, its a terrific value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jvp-esp
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear jvp-esp,

Thank you for sharing such a content-rich impression of your stay with us - this is really helpful - much appreciated. It is reassuring to note that you were satisfied with our product and services, and we can only express our hope that we will have the pleasure of your returning soon. FYI - we are embarking on a refurbishment of guest-rooms, public areas and F&B outlets as of this upcoming winter.