“Over and above”
Review of Hotel Dubrovnik

Hotel Dubrovnik
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was very well equipped, very spacious, very clean and luxurious and in a location that can't be beat. But the real asset here was Phillip, the valet. My car was parked somewhat away from the property. Not know my way around all the one way streets and roundabouts of Zagreb, I was delighted with the assistance he gave me. He walked the 1/2 mile or so to the car, got in the car with me and helped me find my way back to the hotel parking lot.

Room Tip: Our room faced the plaza. Even though there was some music playing, the room was quiet enough to get...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank godanago
Hotel D, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review ! it is really nice to hear that you loved our hotel and that your stay was a good one.

I am delighted to learn that one of our staff members exceeded your expectations and even more than that. Once again, congratulations to Filip ! ( thank you Filip and keep up the good work ! ).

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again !

All the best and warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Dubrovnik

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for the one night on our travels through Europe.
There was 4 of us 2 adults and 2 children 15 & 11. We were unable to book a family room so had 2 doubles. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel has a lot of glass out front and I almost walked into a door! Shows how clean the are I guess! Great location, pedestrian zone so taxi dropped us off on the corner. Easily walkable to old town area. Check out the lovely fruit market full of wonderful colour.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Touringthomas
Hotel D, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your short and sweet review. Actually, I am pleased to hear that our windows are clean... which I do not doubt !

Kindly let me know if you attend to visit us in the nearest future. We do have options for families, but needs to be booked a certain time prior to arrival. When this will be the case, do not hesitate to contact me personally !

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Third time back to Zagreb and Hotel Dubrovnik delivers again.
Once again rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast caters for all and the prices are great for a hotel in the heart of Zagreb.
Staff are friendly and very helpful, but if you need anything the go to person is Phillip the concierge, anything you want or need Phillip will give you great local advice.
The hotels best staff member.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Collingwood2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review ! Your wonderful post has been shared within the entire team and it makes us pleased and proud that all your expectations are being met over and over again... My congratulations goes to one of our employees, Filip. ( well done !)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The location of the hotel Dubrovnik is excellent- right outside is the pedestrian zone, the old town is less than a five minute walk away. The hotel is functional, very clean, but lacks charm. It resembles a modernized seventies building. The staff is friendly, but not overly so. The rooms are ok. both in size and design, but nothing you will remember. Insulation is not great- we heard a thumping noise from the band on the main square (though these concerts are supposedly not a regular thing). Breakfast could be improved- the selection is narrow and the choices are uninspiring.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for you review which I and the team together have gone through. As you might understand, we are grateful for all feedback that we receive, although we are disappointed that this time was not a perfect stay for you. Being average is something that my team and I I will do our utmost to rectify and change.

I am truly sad that this stay was not in line with your expectations. Should you come back to us some day, kindly let me know in order to make all possible for a memorable stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a treat! The staff spoke perfect English, were very helpful and efficient.
Our room was spotless and spacious. The A/C worked. The bed was great. The bathroom was large and very modern with great water pressure. The free wifi was easy to use. There was no view to speak of.

The location was perfect. It is in a pedestrian area -a car might be a problem. It was within walking distance to all we needed.
We enjoyed our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

What can I say... WOW ! Reviews like this one just makes my day ! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. My team and I will take this opportunity to wish you a warm welcome back !

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Despite being one of the less attractive buildings in Zagreb the Hotel Dubrovnik provided us with a very pleasant 2 night stay in the city. Our room was reasonably spacious, clean, comfortable and well equipped, and the hotel is very well located, close to the old town and most of the sights. The buffet breakfasts were excellent - really good quality with masses of choice for every taste.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Dubrovnik - the overall decor may look a little dated compared to some, but the hotel offers very good value and an excellent stay if you're looking for a city break in Zagreb.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment ! I was truly enjoying reading your fair and honest review. Warm welcome back !

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the place to stay in Zagreb, right at the heart in Ban Jelacic Square. If you arrive by train cross the tram lines and get the 6 or 13 tram which drop you nearer than a taxi will, the entry is in a pedestrian area and the tram stop is metres from the entry. We arrived during a festival to find a rock band at about 140dB playing less than 100 m from our room. We arranged to change rooms for the second night as another band was on, though they finished at 11pm anyway. There would be over 100 bars, restaurants and similar within 5 minutes. The city square was buzzing. There is a sightseeing tourist bus from the Cathedral but it is not frequent enough to use as a hop on hop off. The hotel rooms were excellent, there is free wifi to the rooms which is reliable. We had breakfast included, this is buffet style with a wide range. Men's hairdresser on the 7th floor, ladies on the 2nd.

Room Tip: Check whether there is a concert in Ban Jelacic Square and go as far away as you can. Otherwise it i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chase_Mollys

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review ! My team and I will take this opportunity to wish you a warm welcome back in the nearest future !