“Excellent business and pleasure hotel”
Review of The Westin Zagreb

The Westin Zagreb
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Zagreb
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Excellent business and pleasure hotel”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I must say that I was delighted by staying in Hotel Westin. I was there for a week for a business purpose and I did not found anything that I should complaint for. Despite the fact it is among the most expensive hotels, it will provide you unforgettable experience. The rooms are spacious, with excellent beds. The only problem is the heating that creates a bath from the room when it works and extremely dry air. However, you can always open the window and get the fresh air from outside. The bathrooms have everything. Excellent towels, extremely clean and I will for sure order their towels and mattresses and pillows from the Westin brand since I still cannot forget and I miss.
The breakfast is extraordinary. You can even have fresh orange juice. The staff is helpful and very polite and nice which is not always the case in Croatia. The location is 10 minutes walking to the city center. You can easily go by train which cost 8 kunas and there is a station nearby hotel or by taxi which will cost you at least double. I had unpleasant situation when the taxi driver made me pay 50% more and I complaint to the reception and concierge so after that each morning the concierge was telling the taxi driver how much money my distance should cost. I was really pleasantly surprised.
If you come by car as I did you will easily find it since there are a lot of signs in the town but one way streets can create problems sometimes. The parking is paid.
The hotel is excellent for both, business and pleasure travel so for sure next time when I go back, it will be Westin again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank marice81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I just returned from a business trip to Zagreb, Croatia. We stayed at the Westin Zagreb for 6 nights. I was very happy with the hotel. It's in a great location, easy walk to the main square and the theatre. While it may seem a little dark as you are walking towards the square, I never felt unsafe. My room had a beautiful view of the city. The room was very clean. I thought the room was a nice size, much bigger than other European hotels that I have stayed in Germany. Breakfast buffet each morning was fine. They offered room service as well. I believe there is a casino connected to the hotel, however you have to go outside to enter, which we never did. Over all, I was Very happy with the Westin. It was safe, clean and very accomodating. I would defnitely stay here again if I was ever back in Zagreb!

Room Tip: I was on one of the Starwood Preferred Guest floors, which had a great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Nicole222
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at the Westin Zagreb 2 nights in November. The hotel is really good, but I would say it’s more like a 4 star than a 5 star. Good points: the “heavenly bed”, which is really comfortable; the location (only 10 min walk to the center, trams to the center at the door as an option); room view to the whole city; fast wi-fi connection. Bad points: the cleaning lady came in our room at 8am on Sunday, as we had forgotten the Do Not Disturb sign at the door; the room temperature was TOO warm, and when we tried to regulate it, we noticed it was central heating; the TVs need to be replaced urgently, as they are not flat screen and the one we had kept going off every 20 minutes; front desk staff could be more welcoming. Overall, however, the stay was really good, the room was great, but I would rate the hotel as a 4 star, as it does not compare to other 5 star hotels I have been to.
I recommend it anyways ‘though if you are looking for a hotel in Zagreb.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlobeTrotterFromRio
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Reviewed 13 November 2011

i spent here two days on a conference that my company organized in october. the hotel as such is quite nice, however the conference rooms somehow still radiate a slight socialistic aura. Everything in the room was okay including the bed which was quite comfortable. the food downstairs by the reception was very rich in variety, qualitatively exceptional if I compare it to similar hotels in that price range. the panorama restaurant on the 17th floor (i think) was also quite welcoming and the food was tasty and stylish.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank CC S
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for giving your feedback online. We are known for our food service and especially the Croatian cuisine with influence from a variety of cultures and regions. Welcome back and with kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The rooms may be on the small side, but the location can't be beat. Try to get a room facing the old city, as the views are spectacular. Easy walk to old town and the main square and on a good tram line. Staff very helpful and considerate. Buffet breakfast very substanial, but doesn't offer variety if staying a number of days.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Pgholson
Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for giving your feedback online. I agree location is perfect for exploring Zagreb and on the northside rooms you have great view of the old town and the mountain Sljeme. Thank you for the kind remarks concerning our staff and for our Westin Superfoods breakfast. Welcome back. With kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have stayed at the property many nights back in 2008, when I originally arrived in Croatia; and it was always top notch in every way. After spending 2009/2010 back in USA; I have moved back to Croatia as of April 2011. Business meetings now frequently take me to Zagreb but timing hasn't allowed me the privileged to once again enjoy a stay there. That changed this past week when I came to Zagreb for the International Investment Forum; Invest in Croatia (which was hosted at the Westin Zagreb). Instead of 2 nights, extended my stay to include 6 nights. The reason for this, was the same as back in 2008, the outstanding personal attention and service of Mario Šušak; Executive Assistant General Manager. The entire staff is vary attentive and accommodating including Gordan Kalinic, Sales and Marketing Executive and Danijela at the Front Desk; both helped me specifically. Yes, the Westin Zagreb is a 5 star property and nice location.....but it IS the people the make the stay worth it. I highly recommend anyone to stay at this Westin for business and pleasure when in Zagreb.....and contact the individuals mentioned personally. I will be back soon for sure.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Westin Guest Office Suite..... definitely worth it!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jcocose
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Sir, thank you for your kind insert. We are always grateful to welcome you as our guest and thank you for your kind remarks about some of our staff members. I agree, it is the final personal touch that makes the difference, and we are trying to give it to each and everyone of our guest. Hope to see you back in our hotel soon and I remain with kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Canberra
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We arrived early at this hotel as part of a large tour group. Despite the fact that they had a diplomatic reception on one of their higher floors they allowed us to wait in the reception area. Romms were spacious and clean. The staff at the reception and in the dining room were friendly and efficient treating all their guests in the same professional manner. Breakfasts were excellent with both a wide variety of hot and cod food. The hotel is near an excellent art museum and is within walking distance of the town centre. Zagreb is a beautiful place to visit and it is obvious residents are proud of their city and trying hard to return it to its glory days. I would certainly stay at The Westin Zagreb again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RhondaMJ
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found it the perfect location for the start of the Zagreb tour. Yes, the historical part of Zagreb starts at our door steps and all sights are in easy reach from the hotel. Hope to welcome you back upon your return to Zagreb and remain with kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager