The Westin Zagreb
  • Restaurant
Palace Hotel(Zagreb)
  • Restaurant
1,235 results
All reviewsdiana barmimara museumold townindoor pooltour grouplarge hotelupgraded to a suitefitness centerbreakfast buffetbit datedbusiness tripcity centreconvenient locationtram stopmini barthe main squarespg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Very luxurious hotel and only 10 minutes walk to the main street. Staff are friendly and very helpful and we got a great deal with the Wellness Package. We had a nice meal in the hotel's cafe on the first night. We were on floor 12 which gave beautiful views over the city, and front row to pretty winter sunsets.

The discotheque at the weekend is pretty pumping until early hours! So perhaps ask which side is quieter if you want an undisturbed nights sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side to the discotheque are probably quieter at weekends
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daynastravels
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I spent in this beautiful hotel just one night. However, I have only the words of praise. Comfortable and warm rooms, efficient service and a beautiful view at night (in the center of Zagreb).
I sincerely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed a few nights here a on a business trip. The room was clean and quiet but got a little warm at night. The breakfast was good and had plenty of choices. There are large tour groups that stay at the hotel so breakfast can get crowded quickly. Good location to the city center. I was able to walk into town every evening with no issues. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The location is very because they are near the city center. There are many good restaurants except the one in the hotel. The cost to the airport is about 1500kn or less. You need to confirm the cost before you get into the taxi. One driver was asking me to pay 200kn and I negotiated the price down to 150kn (a little to high). The bus fee is 40kn.
The room is big and wi-fi is very convenient. They also have wired internet connection. You can use you own wifi router.
The restaurant I like the most is Trilogija (#1 on the triadvisor). They use a fresh product and change menu every day. The cost is reasonable. Please try their fish and steak. You can ask for tap water and bread is free in this restaurant.
The restaurant at Westin is so so. Their Asian disks for the buffet and dinner menu is horrible. They should remove all their Asian dishes completely until the chef is well trained.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank York2010
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I usually stay at the Esplanade when in Zagreb. But the Westin (the old Inter Cont) seems somehow more central to town, so I decided to stay there. On arrival just after 2pm I was advised my room wasn't ready and that I'd have to wait an hour. When I said that I had booked weeks ago and had a confirmation, they said and I quote, "what do you want us to do?". I waited for an hour in the lobby and no one even offered a glass of water. The rooms are spacious and clean but the staff seem to have issues with providing service, or resolving things that aren't completely right, like no in house movies or meals that don't arrive. The location is superb and I walked into town every day. I'm not sure that it's a better bet than the Esplanade, which has a terrific indoor and outdoor restaurant and a very old feel about it. The other aspect of the Westin worth noting is it caters to the tour groups and if your timing is off you can be caught out and have to wait half an hour to get to the desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business