The Westin Zagreb
Travelocity
US$118
US$86
US$83
Hotel Tomislavov dom(Zagreb)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Pool
Hotel Jarun(Zagreb)
US$70
US$97
US$94
1,234 results
All reviewsdiana barmimara museumold townindoor pooltour grouplarge hotelupgraded to a suitefitness centerbreakfast buffetbit datedbusiness tripcity centreconvenient locationtram stopmini barthe main squarespg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was there on a business trip and admired the beautiful hotel, and the amazing view from my 13th floor room. Breakfast was also very nice - a perfect way to start your day. Good location, just a corner away from the historical city centre.

I have two negative remarks. There were rusty needles under the window in my room and when I opened the curtain on barefoot I stepped in one of them. However, they said sorry for this at the reception, when I mentioned that it is pretty dangerous, I felt that the staff member did not take me seriously - I know people who actually died from sepsis, so it is not funny at all. They could have offered me something or a reduction from my room price which was over 100 EUR...

Then I asked them to call me a cab by 2.30pm as I had my bus departing at 3pm back home. They totally forgot to call me a cab - thank God I double checked with them and did not just sit and wait in the reception area until I miss my bus back to Vienna. It took anyway ages when the second cab arrived and I had to run to catch the bus - you surely do not need this stress as a fault of the hotel staff.

2  Thank Magdi B
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for sharing your impressions. I am sorry and apologize for the inconveniences you are mentioning. We discussed the issues you are mentioning, especially the issue regarding the situation happened in your room. We will work with our housekeeping team on the improvement regarding to the room inspection procedure. I apologize once again and I hope to be able to welcome you back and that you at that time will be able to see improvements. With our best regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

When I travel to Zagreb for either business or pleasure - this is my home away from home. I am a seasoned business traveler and, as such, I am quite insistent (or rather demanding) on having things "my way". The staff at the Westin knows in advance of my arrival and prepares all my "amenities" exactly the way I like them and I repeat IN ADVANCE OF MY ARRIVAL. It's incredible that they never forget and they get it right every time (even down to the requested scale in my bathroom). I can't say enough good things about the Westin and especially about the incredibly friendly, efficient and accommodating staff in EVERY department. I particularly like the warmest of welcomes from the front desk staff. What can I say ...It's home.

2  Thank Davor G
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy we succeeded to fulfill your expectations and would truly enjoy to welcome you back upon next opportunity. With our best regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Hotel definitely is lacking soundproofing. The windows are only consisting of one piece of glass and are not shutting properly at all.
As the area is quite busy at day and night, you really feel like you are sleeping with open windows all the time.
Besides this, the walls are paper-thin and you even can hear people snoring in the next room.

However, as location, view and breakfast are quite nice, they really could get back to the best Hotels of Zagreb if they would invest on those topics.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with city view as they will face directly a huge street-crossing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank reiselust_ch

Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for sharing your impressions. Regarding to the windows, we have the intention to change the windows in the near future. Thank you for the good feedback in regards of our location and breakfast. We are looking forward to welcome you back upon next opportunity. With our kindest regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Travelling on business I always come back to the Westin. This time I had a room on the 6th floor with wonderfull view over Zagreb. Features of the hotel are: downtown location, excellent service and friendly staff . They never fail ...
I have used only B&B service. Breakfast certainly has a big choice, it can please everyone.

3  Thank Sanja_20132013

Dear Madame, thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for the great feedback. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon. With best regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed one night recently and wasn't really satisfied. First and foremost I arrived by car and tried to stop at the hotel entrance to get some help with my luggage and possibly with the parking. There is a parking area on the surface and an underground garage as well, however I had no idea which one is available, especially that there was a conference like event and the whole place was crowded.

Then the hotel valet arrogantly sent me away from the entrance; I tried to ask him where could I park, but we couldn't find a common ground since I tried to talk to him in English and he was arguing with me angrily in Croatian. Then he suddenly left, luckily I managed to find a parking place in the corner of the parking lot, and hauled my luggages to the reception...

The rest of the staff was much more nicer. The rooms are good, nevertheless during my stay the weather was rainy and very cold. Despite of the low temperature (as others already mentioned before me) there was no heating at all! From late afternoon basically I was freezing and there was no way to switch the air conditioning to heating mode.

Also, there was a problem with the internet access, the network was down for like 10-20 seconds in every minute, making it impossible to work or at least a very tedious experience. When it worked, it was really fast.

Breakfast was ok, with a decent selection, but nothing stellar. Also, there were no slippers in my room, which was kind of surprising at such a hotel.

Anyway, the hotel is not so bad and I guess most of these issues are one time only, however the lack of heating was a serious killjoy.

1  Thank B_K_7903
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for the feedback. Sorry you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay, however we appreciate all your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced on arrival. I already discussed it with all my team. Also, we will look into the points you are bringing up. Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back. With our best regards.