“Business Trip”

Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Dublin, Ireland
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good location with pleasant room. WiFi was excellent as was the shower & breakfast. The gym was 2 treadmills, a bike,a cross trainer & a multi exercise bench. I had it to myself so it's enough to burn a few calories if you can find the time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gareth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the Palace Hotel at the beginning and at the end of our trip to the region. I guess the fact that we booked our second stay after staying there the first time says more than anything... Anyway, as others have said, its location is excellent for walking to the lovely old town etc. (Zagreb is such a vibrant, pretty city with so many things to see, I wish we had budgeted more time there!) Hotel staff were pleasant and professional, though do be sure to put your "do not disturb" sign on if you wish to sleep past 8. Breakfast buffet had lots of options including cute tiny individual pots of Bonne Maman jam. We had "superior" grade rooms 231 and 331. (I don't use quotes sarcastically, just because that's their terminology.) Both rooms were right next to the tiny elevators, and virtually identical - large, with grand high ceilings and two tall windows looking out over a drab rooftop - except in one key respect: the bed in 331 is MUCH better than the bed in 231. The 231 mattress is one of those horrible bouncy ones where if your sleeping partner so much as moves his/her arm, you are jolted awake. The mattress in 331 on the other hand, is excellent. Both rooms have a weird design feature that the bathroom door is frosted glass, so if you want to turn the light on during the night, you risk disturbing a sleeping bedmate.Overall, the hotel was a good choice, and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for room 331
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last weekend. Hotel staff where very friendly and helpfull. Hotel it self was verry nice as well. Located in a historical building it was impressive. Hotel is well within walking distance from either the city center and central train station. There is a tram stop located in front of the hotel. where a bit small but not to small. My stay in this hotel was verry pleasent and i would recomend it to everyone who is searching for a nice city hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
South Africa
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We loved Zagreb and the Palace hotel. It is very well situated and in a safe area. Although I think most of Zagreb is safe! The room was average, but clean and comfortable bed. WiFi was initially a problem then it was sorted out. Reception desk staff friendly and helpful. Our room overlooked the park across the road. Although its on a busy road there was no noise problem.
Very close to the market square and you could walk to most places of interest.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank harels
Stawell, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Lovely Hotel,,,,,,,,,,,,female staff provided excellent service,,,excellent staff in the restaurant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cannot say the same for the male staff at the front desk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I arrive to the hotel after 27 hour flight,,,,,,,,,struggling with my suitcase,
the male behind the desk asked, if I need help,,,and that was it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,made no effort to come out and help me,,,,,, ,I'm not sure but I think I was given the wrong room,,,,,,,,at that point I did not care I just wanted a shower and a bed,,,,,,,,,,,,would I stay at this Hotel again,,,,,,,,,,
I don't know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Granada, Spain
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Palace Hotel for three nights. The hotel has an excellent location. However, since I was there for work rather than vacation, I did not see many tourist sights, but I was in a position to appreciate the comforts of the hotel.

I slept well in my room. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that I would have preferred a softer pillow. However, this was not a deal-killer. I found the personnel extremely helpful and charming. The wifi connection was excellent and there was a fantastic wellness center, which I took advantage. The breakfast also offered much more than I could eat in three lifetimes. I heartily recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Pamela F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I’ve stayed here twice now and had very different experiences, due to which floor I stayed on. The first floor needs refurbishing and my room here was feeling tired and old fashioned. I wasn’t too impressed. My second stay was on the fourth floor, which had been refurbished and was significantly more modern and comfortable. Much better!

Breakfast was very good and served in a grand dining room. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is well located within the centre of this fine city, and within easy walking distance to the main Square.

I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business