“Hostel and Location was Great, Backpackers was Worst”

Day and Night Hostel
Ranked #129 of 172 Speciality Lodging in Zagreb
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This Hostel maybe better before but over the years, the poor management causing the worst backpackers I ever met to gathered here. Perhaps we maybe unlucky but I still believed that the management can improve or looking into this matter.

The location was almost perfect which was somewhere between the bus and train station but it was very noisy, clubbers screeching and cars speeding was heard throughout the night.

The 8 beds dorm we are staying was greatly lacking of sockets for charging. We couldn't even charge our camera or phone when the others will either they plug out ours or fully occupied.

In the pantry/kitchen, with the limited pots. Backpacker A used one pot to cook rice and another for his side dish. The pots was occupied for 2 days for his breakfast and dinner.

Backpacker B did not clean the pots, plates and utensil he used. He was expecting others or the management to clean it for him. Making the sink to stuck with his foods and flooded.

The canned pork with my name written on the side was even eaten by a thief. When it was me and my girlfriend's dinner, resulting our dinner to be so lacking and pathetic.

Lastly, the backpackers in our rooms kept on switching the lights when we and others are sleeping. While just a day before, a group of backpackers talked from 12am to 1am inside the dorm itself while almost others are sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed three nights in this hostel and I really enjoyed it. (1) It is very conveniently located and quiet. (2) The staff was nice enough to let me check-in a few hours early. (3) The beds have drawers underneath that lock and fit everything I had which helped keep the room from looking cluttered. (4) The common areas made it really easy to meet new people and I met some really great people during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

we were here some weeks ago. the room we got was not very clean, you could see someone's hair on the carpet. the bedding was old. there was a strange scent. the location was good, there is a tram station just across the street. anyway we were not satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I found this hostel was nice, and had good facilities but couldn't help feeling a little uncomfortable at first.
This is because our room is next to the reception, so everytime I went for a shower they could all see you (the receptionists or the people on the sofas) and this is the same for the toilets too as they are next to the reception.
However, it was a good price and in a great location, and so we were able to look round the city, and catch trams etc. but know it was a short distance from where we were sleeping.
Also there was a big fridge and a communal box, which came in handy when we needed to cook something after a long day travelling when we just needed a bit of pasta and pesto!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Great stay here for two nights. The hostel was very clean and the staff was friendly. Cool vibe. A few blocks from the train station and only a few blocks from the cathedral in the city center. Several decent restaurants and cafes close by.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was a very good hostel: quite clean, kind staff, 100% secure and excellently located! it is like 5 min walk from the train station and 8 min walk to the main square of the center. The tram station is in front of it, very close to the main attractions of Zagreb! you can cook, use a laptop, free wifi, and even watch tv if you feel like doing so. If I ever go back to Zagreb I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hostel has very clean philosphy, the staff are very friendly, and have a broad sprectrum of English. There is a kitchen with all provided, such as pots and pans, and plates, and fridge. If you need to wash some clothes, it costs only 6 euros to wash and dry them. The reception is open 24/7, there are two computers, plus free Wi-fi.
There is no deposit required for the key(to your locker), and if you need to call a taxi, the receptionist will do it, which is handy if you do not speak the language.
There is a tv, with many channels, sport, film, national geographic, there is always something to watch.
There is an international feel to the hostel, alot of different nationalities stay here.
The accomadation is not too expensive, I paid 12 euros per night for a dorm. bed.
Regrettably there is not a bar at the hostel, but there is a supermarket nearby, so you will be saving money there, and you can drink in the hostel.
There is a kiosk adjecent to the hostel, which is open on the weekdays, so cigerettes are 1 minute away to buy.
There are many cash machines nearby also.
The hostel is 10 minutes walk from the main square, so the location is great, the hostel is oppisite the Sheraton Hotel, so when getting a taxi back to the hostel, just mention this hotel.

Room Tip: There are dormantories, but also private rooms for two people.