“Amazing time in Zagreb”

Ranked #116 of 151 Speciality Lodging in Zagreb
Split, Croatia
“Amazing time in Zagreb”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place is absolutely amazing! This time, I was on a kind of business trip, but still I was there for a weekend and everybody was gathering in the common area, ready to go out. So I couldn't just stand on a side. Atmosphere was really special and all the travellers forgot for a moment that they are still travelling, the felt like at home. this was my third time that I stayed here. Staff is extremely helpful, but a little bit clumsy cooking wine :-) I would definitely recommend this place to stay and have a great time. thanx to Emil, Irena, Zlatko & John

Room Tip: all rooms are good, waste with very nice and comfy beds
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I have slept in a wide range of lodgings in my lifetime, and from my experience, this has to be the worst. The giant dormatories where I stayed for year 5 bush camp in 1996 were even a class above the Day and Night hostel in Zagreb.

My traveling partner and I had booked a private twin room, which upon arrival, was told it was located on it's own across the street. On entry, we found it to be uncleaned, with an overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke. Oh, and it was a double bed and not two twin beds as advertised.

Upon being relocated to a 4 bed mixed dorm, we were able to experience the hostel's third world shared bathroom facilities. Even after a shower I came out dirtier than when I entered. Finally, after 'freshening up', we were told that the hostel's internet would be down for the rest of the week. What a surprise that was!

If all of the holes in a piece of swiss cheese lined up and everything was functioning as intended, this hostel might be ok, but to avoid the risk of catching bed bugs, do not stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Zagreb hotels

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent a few nights in this hostel. Has a great location, central in Zagreb.
It's close to the train station, 10 minutes walk from main square.
Very friendly staff as well.
Only negative point: matrasses have springs in them.
Feels a bit like you're being tortured when one of those springs suddenly release in the middle of the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I spent a few night at this hostel during my visit to Zagreb. The dormitories, just as the whole hostel is immaculate. - Loved the design, great atmosphere! The beds are super comfortable!!
Every staff member I met was really nice and helpful. They helped me organize my trip to the Plitvice Lakes and also to my next City.
The hostel is in the middle of the city, so everything is close: Bus/Train station, super market, public transport, Sights...

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed at Day and Night Hostel during my stay in Zagreb and I will definitely come back next time I visit Zagreb! Great location, really nice environment, absolutely clean, very fast internet and really nice personnel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Only stayed here one night but the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We had a trip to plitvice lakes and split planned for the following day and the staff arranged travel for the whole day for us, booking us a mini bus which was much more comfortable than a train/bus. The driver was very helpful to have once we reached the lakes as he knew where we could buy tickets without having to queue for ages and was very knowledgeable of the area, advising us how best to spend our day at the lakes. The staff also advised us where best to spend the rest of our time in croatia, excellent management and extremely friendly and accommodating

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thun, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 nights in the hostel day and night in Zagreb. The first two nights we slept in the private room with the double bed. this room isn't in the hostel itself, it's across the street in a separate building. This double room is excellent for staying a couple of nights, you have wi-fi connection in this building and a kitchen you can use. So you don't have to go to the hostel to cook. the bathroom is all right and air condition is working. the only thing that maybe wasn't perfect were some ants on the floor. i would recommend staying in the double room.
the third night we spent at the 4-bed room in the hostel. you meet a lot of other travellers, but in the night it's difficult to sleep because everybody is talking, coming home late or getting up very early. also there is more noise from the street and traffic.
the staff was just great, they speak perfectly english and are really really nice. we enjoyed staying in day and night in zagreb.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple