“This is Hospitality!”
other travellers have booked this property
Your building is the big white one on the left.
Living room with two sofa beds Bright and spacious living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Your building is the big white one on the left.
Living room with two sofa beds
Bright and spacious living room
Living room, view to a pedestrian zone
bright and sunny living room
Living room
living room, satellite TV with more than 90 channels
Two guests can sleep on those comfy sofa beds
Living room made into bedroom
free unlimited wireless internet access
Fully equipped kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen
Kitchen
kitchen and the dining area
All the breakfast yummies were bought at the market across
dining area and the kitchen in the background
all sorts of wonderful bread and buns from the market
fresh from the market just across your window
bedroom with a comfortable queen size bed, 160x200 cm
bedroom
bedroom and a closet with plenty of space
bedroom
bathroom and hall with lots of closet space
bathroom
bathroom
bathroom with shower
top quality Hans Grohe shower
there are always plenty of soft white towels
the view from the hall
the hall in the building
the building entrance with marble walls and floors
streetview
The building is the one on the left with white facade and brown inset windows/balcony in the middle
the view from the Dolac market
the building
the building (left)
the building on the main square
The main square with Jelacic statue
the main square is the starting point of all destinations
the flower market in front of the building
the Dolac market and the cathedral
flower market in front of the building
the Dolac market and the cathedral
your hostes Maya with the apartment's grades
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mildenbur...
Oostvoorne
“This is Hospitality!”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

After some searching and neglecting a road sign, we were standing in the middle of Zagreb’s Main Square, which is off-limits for cars. On the positive side: we had ended up almost in front of the entrance to the apartment. Maja, the more than friendly owner, accompanied us to a nearby parking garage and arranged for us to get a discount on the parking fee. Maja’s ambition is to be the best hostess in Zagreb and in our opinion she definitely is. Such hospitality and such a wonderful apartment. Only seeing is believing. That the air conditioning could hardly cope with the 41 degrees outside was understandable. That we could not pay by credit card was a minor disappointment.

Date of stay: July 2015
Travelling group: Partner
18 Oct 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am, indeed, doing my best (and with great pleasure) to be among the best hosts you have ever met. This is because I'm always looking forward to meeting my guests, and in a way I feel like I'm expecting good friends. If we "click" on our first encounter, that's even better.
To tell you the good news, I'm looking at my options of introducing credit card payments soon. :-)
It was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for having chosen me. Hoping to see you again, maybe at not so hot summer season. Dank!
Glenn B
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“APARTMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU MIGHT NEED.”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Maya is a great host, very helpfull. The apartment is comfortable and cozy.
The location is excellent. On the main square, but quiet. No noise of the traffic.

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything you might need for a short stay was in the apartment
Liked least: I can not think of anything
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
18 Sep 2015
Dear Glen, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for being such a great guest too. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Chris M
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

great apartment in a central location. near public transport (trams) what I liked about this place is how close it was to the Dolac Market. as a traveler it was sometimes hard to sleep, and I often got up early, 6am. the market is the only place I could find where I could sit and get a coffee. also enjoyed watching the stall holders setting up. if you're looking for something that's pretty much just around the corner from everything, I would recommend Main Square Apartment. Maya the owner was also wonderful. gave us some tips re where to eat, where to go. also on departure organize the EKO taxi which was a fixed rate to the airport and at least half the cost of your "normal" taxis

Date of stay: June 2015
Liked best: the location
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
12 Jul 2015
Thank you for your review, I'm glad you liked it here.
As for your sentence "as a traveler it was sometimes hard to sleep, and I often got up early, 6am."
I need to clarify to other members of the Tripadvisor community who are going to read this review that you stayed in my apartment only one night. Therefore the use of the adverbials "sometimes" and "often" is a bit odd. I find it unjust mentioning your sleeping habits in the context of my apartment. I'm sure your waking up early couldn't have had anything to do with the apartment itself, as the bedroom is situated in the back part of the apartment and is very quiet.
Portlande...
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect hostess, Perfect location and perfect apartment”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We had an amazing g stay with Maja in the Main Square Apartment. It was the best of all worlds: you are in the very heart of Zagreb with the Dolac Market on one side of the apartment, Trg Jelacica on the other side and the beginning of Tkalciceva street right at your doorstep. And amazingly enough, the apartment is sound proofed perfectly for sleeping with doubled paned windows. All we could hear, as could everyone in Zagreb, was the daily cannon shots at 12 noon. The whole apartment is light and roomy, and the bedroom in the back feels like a cosy sleeping space. Maja has honed her hostess skills perfectly and has provided everything you could possibly think of in the apartment, including a cheat sheet for best restaurants and bars in Zagreb. We were in Zagreb during the C'est Ed Best festival and loved all of the live performances on all sides of our building with our windows thrown wide open to the Dolac Market during the day. Thanks a million, Maja!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2015
Dear Christine,
Wow, this is such a wonderful review, I'm really delighted. Thank you so much. I had wonderful time with you guys too, and want you back! :-)
ThomasIII
Sarasota, Florida
“Best location, best apartment and very best apartment owner, Maja!”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Maya is a great person to rent from, her apartment is fully equipped with everything you would need, located right in the center of Zagreb and is immaculate! The bedroom is in the back and you do not hear any noise, so you always have a great nights sleep! She is very helpful with all types of information and also gives out discount passes to a few of the very good restaurants, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with one of the discount coupons, we meet Maya for "kava" there one morning.

Date of stay: May 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 Jun 2015
Dear Bob and Mikey,
Thank you so much for such a great review. I enjoyed hosting you and thank you for sharing your time with me at the "Kava&tava". Hopefully I'll see you again, this city has so much to offer throughout the year.
ljiljan38...
New Brighton, Pennsylvania
“Will definitely stay here! Every time!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My cousin and I stayed in this amazing apartment for 5 days while in Zagreb. Maya, has truly thought of everything!!!! She was very accommodating, especially for our later check-in and had more information for us from where to eat, to what to see, to vouchers and coupons than anywhere I have ever stayed...ever! The apartment was in perfect condition and there was plenty of room for the 2 of us. We were less than 2 minutes away from the main square in Zagreb and every morning woke up to the sweet smells of the local cafes and restaurants or the flowers being sold below our window. This apartment is truly in the most perfect location in Zagreb. I will be traveling back to Zagreb many times in the future ( I hope) so when I do arrive, I will only be staying here. Thank you for everything Maya and I hope to see you again very soon!!! :)

Date of stay: May 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How close this apartment was to the city center and how much information Maya provided for us.
Liked least: No complaints. Everything was perfect!!
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
4 Jun 2015
Dear Jennie,
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review, it made me so happy! :-)It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you, and the fact that you were so happy and satisfied here is my greatest reward.
IvanaSlov...
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Cosy, clean and the location is perfect”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The owner is really nice, prepared a lot of information about what to see and visit in Zagreb. The apartment was big, comfortable, very clean. The location is perfect, right in the heart of Zagreb where everything is going on.

Date of stay: April 2015
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Noise from the neighbors renewal work.
3 May 2015
Thank you for your nice review, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you liked both the apartment and our precious city. Looking forward to hosting you again. Welcome any time!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.