“Perfect Location for your Zagreb trip”
other travellers have booked this property
The main square. Your building is on the left, white facade with brown two story inset windows.
Bright and sunny living room with two comfortable sofa beds The living room is spacious and airy, with big double windows
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bright and sunny living room with two comfortable sofa beds
The living room is spacious and airy, with big double windows
The sofas can easily be turned into comfortable beds, 120x200 cm each
The living room from another angle; the view to the pedestrian zone, open market and the cathedral
Quiet and cozy bedroom
The windows of the bedroom face the inner side of the building, so it is very quiet
The double bed, 160x200 cm
Plenty of closet space and lots of extra towels, pillows, blankets...
If needed, a baby travel cot is available too.
The caption from the hallway to the bathroom and kitchen
The bathroom is not big, but it is neat and equipped with all you need
The bathroom from another angle
You can change the towels whenever you like. There is a soap, a shampoo, a hair dryer..
The kitchen is fully equipped
The kitchen and the dining area
The dining area and the fully equipped kitchen
Marble entrance of the building.
Marble stone walls and floors, the building is from 1937 and very well maintained.
Your building on the main Zagreb square- theJelacic square.
The colorful Dolac market and the cathedral are right across your window.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
DallasNRh...
Glendale, Arizona
“Perfect Location for your Zagreb trip”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I was hesitant to write a review since I'm distantly related (by marriage) to Maja. That said, I knew she'd be amazing, since she has been inviting us for years to visit her country. What I wasn't expecting was the amount of time she spent helping us and recommending places to visit and things to see, not only in Zagreb, but elsewhere and I knew this wasn't only for us, but for all her guests. The apartment couldn't be more centrally located, walking distance to everything. The apartment was clean, well maintained and amazingly gives you a feeling of "home away from home". Great food is a few steps away, and Maja has coupons for her guests to use. The open air market for fresh food is also close and with a kitchen at the apartment, you could even cook for yourself if you wanted, although why? You'd think being so close to everything that it would get noisy in the apartment, however, you'd be wrong. The bedroom is quite cozy and quiet for those light sleepers out there. Maja, thank you for making this a wonderful getaway for us and sharing your advise on seeing your city.

Liked best: The central location
Liked least: We enjoyed it all!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
18 Oct 2015
Dear Rhonda, I'm glad you wrote your review and I'm sure it isn't so favorable just because we're distantly related. You're right, I do care a lot about my guests, like to go above and beyond to make them happy. My primary goal is to make my guests travelers experience this wonderful vibrant city and the possibilities it offers for a perfect getaway or city break. And not only Zagreb. Since I'm Croatian and have been allover our precious country, it is great when my guests trust me and rely on my best insider tips and recommendations.
I must say though, a slight difference in my attitude towards you, as compared to my other guests, is - that we were hugging a lot more. :-)
xoxo to all the family in Arizona, I'd love to host you guys again, and any time!
Mildenbur...
Oostvoorne
“This is Hospitality!”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

After some searching and neglecting a road sign, we were standing in the middle of Zagreb’s Main Square, which is off-limits for cars. On the positive side: we had ended up almost in front of the entrance to the apartment. Maja, the more than friendly owner, accompanied us to a nearby parking garage and arranged for us to get a discount on the parking fee. Maja’s ambition is to be the best hostess in Zagreb and in our opinion she definitely is. Such hospitality and such a wonderful apartment. Only seeing is believing. That the air conditioning could hardly cope with the 41 degrees outside was understandable. That we could not pay by credit card was a minor disappointment.

Travelling group: Partner
18 Oct 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am, indeed, doing my best (and with great pleasure) to be among the best hosts you have ever met. This is because I'm always looking forward to meeting my guests, and in a way I feel like I'm expecting good friends. If we "click" on our first encounter, that's even better.
To tell you the good news, I'm looking at my options of introducing credit card payments soon. :-)
It was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for having chosen me. Hoping to see you again, maybe at not so hot summer season. Dank!
Glenn B
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“APARTMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU MIGHT NEED.”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Maya is a great host, very helpfull. The apartment is comfortable and cozy.
The location is excellent. On the main square, but quiet. No noise of the traffic.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything you might need for a short stay was in the apartment
Liked least: I can not think of anything
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
18 Sep 2015
Dear Glen, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for being such a great guest too. Looking forward to seeing you again!
chrism197...
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

great apartment in a central location. near public transport (trams) what I liked about this place is how close it was to the Dolac Market. as a traveler it was sometimes hard to sleep, and I often got up early, 6am. the market is the only place I could find where I could sit and get a coffee. also enjoyed watching the stall holders setting up. if you're looking for something that's pretty much just around the corner from everything, I would recommend Main Square Apartment. Maya the owner was also wonderful. gave us some tips re where to eat, where to go. also on departure organize the EKO taxi which was a fixed rate to the airport and at least half the cost of your "normal" taxis

Liked best: the location
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
12 Jul 2015
Thank you for your review, I'm glad you liked it here.
As for your sentence "as a traveler it was sometimes hard to sleep, and I often got up early, 6am."
I need to clarify to other members of the Tripadvisor community who are going to read this review that you stayed in my apartment only one night. Therefore the use of the adverbials "sometimes" and "often" is a bit odd. I find it unjust mentioning your sleeping habits in the context of my apartment. I'm sure your waking up early couldn't have had anything to do with the apartment itself, as the bedroom is situated in the back part of the apartment and is very quiet.
Portlande...
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect hostess, Perfect location and perfect apartment”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We had an amazing g stay with Maja in the Main Square Apartment. It was the best of all worlds: you are in the very heart of Zagreb with the Dolac Market on one side of the apartment, Trg Jelacica on the other side and the beginning of Tkalciceva street right at your doorstep. And amazingly enough, the apartment is sound proofed perfectly for sleeping with doubled paned windows. All we could hear, as could everyone in Zagreb, was the daily cannon shots at 12 noon. The whole apartment is light and roomy, and the bedroom in the back feels like a cosy sleeping space. Maja has honed her hostess skills perfectly and has provided everything you could possibly think of in the apartment, including a cheat sheet for best restaurants and bars in Zagreb. We were in Zagreb during the C'est Ed Best festival and loved all of the live performances on all sides of our building with our windows thrown wide open to the Dolac Market during the day. Thanks a million, Maja!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2015
Dear Christine,
Wow, this is such a wonderful review, I'm really delighted. Thank you so much. I had wonderful time with you guys too, and want you back! :-)
ThomasIII
Florida
“Best location, best apartment and very best apartment owner, Maja!”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Maya is a great person to rent from, her apartment is fully equipped with everything you would need, located right in the center of Zagreb and is immaculate! The bedroom is in the back and you do not hear any noise, so you always have a great nights sleep! She is very helpful with all types of information and also gives out discount passes to a few of the very good restaurants, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with one of the discount coupons, we meet Maya for "kava" there one morning.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 Jun 2015
Dear Bob and Mikey,
Thank you so much for such a great review. I enjoyed hosting you and thank you for sharing your time with me at the "Kava&tava". Hopefully I'll see you again, this city has so much to offer throughout the year.
ljiljan38...
New Brighton, Pennsylvania
“Will definitely stay here! Every time!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My cousin and I stayed in this amazing apartment for 5 days while in Zagreb. Maya, has truly thought of everything!!!! She was very accommodating, especially for our later check-in and had more information for us from where to eat, to what to see, to vouchers and coupons than anywhere I have ever stayed...ever! The apartment was in perfect condition and there was plenty of room for the 2 of us. We were less than 2 minutes away from the main square in Zagreb and every morning woke up to the sweet smells of the local cafes and restaurants or the flowers being sold below our window. This apartment is truly in the most perfect location in Zagreb. I will be traveling back to Zagreb many times in the future ( I hope) so when I do arrive, I will only be staying here. Thank you for everything Maya and I hope to see you again very soon!!! :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How close this apartment was to the city center and how much information Maya provided for us.
Liked least: No complaints. Everything was perfect!!
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
4 Jun 2015
Dear Jennie,
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review, it made me so happy! :-)It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you, and the fact that you were so happy and satisfied here is my greatest reward.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing