“great business hotel”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Zagreb
London, United Kingdom
“great business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

For three years running, consistent friendly service, responsive management: a couple of years ago I mentioned that I thought fresh fruit at breakfast would be good. It was there next day and this morning there was another good selection of fresh diverse foods available. I have stayed in other business hotels in Zagreb, this is my favourite.

Room Tip: They all seem pretty good to me.
1 Thank Tristram H
InternationalZagreb, Director of Sales at Hotel International, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Tristram H,

Many thanks for the great review. It's really motivating to get positive feedback like this.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you and your colleagues back in a not too distant future!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I haven't stayed at the International for about a year but when I returned yesterday on business as soon as I walked through the main door it felt as if I was putting on a pair of my most favourite comfortable shoes. The gentleman at reception was polite, helpful and efficient and his demeanour made you feel most welcome as a guest, which is tremendously important and for me as a regular business traveller it tends to give you an indication of the standards of service you may expect to find in a hotel. As usual the International is very clean in the bar and reception area and this extends to the lift and ample sized, comfortable rooms. Just the way the bed is made and the way the pillows are plumped up and placed always give signs of how well the rooms are cleaned and prepared, and again the International didn't disappoint. Simple things such as plenty of coat hangers in the wardrobe make all the difference when unpacking shirts and suits that all need hanging to eliminate the creases. Already I know that my stay here will be most pleasant and relaxing and I am very pleased, as always, to highly recommend this hotel to visiting tourists or businessmen as it is ideally placed on a short distance from the city centre. Congratulations to all the staff at the International for maintaining their usual high standards of service, cleanliness and accommodation. Don't be out off in any reviews by minor criticisms, this is an excellent hotel, good value for money, comfortable and guaranteed not to disappoint any business traveller or single traveller, family or anyone else wanting to explore Zagreb.

Room Tip: Try the nearby Laganini restaurant that specialise Istrian food and wines. Its a 5 minute walk from...
Dear Lawrie,

Thank you once again on excellent review. It was a real pleasure reading that your stay was a first class experience and that you found our service warm and welcoming.

Thank you for being such a wonderful ambassador of our Hotel through your generous comments. You have indeed left an amazing description of our hotel again!

Looking forward to a future visit and I hope there will be some time left for a coffee.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Sadly I only seem to travel these days for work but as this is all the time I know a great business hotel when I see it.

This hotel is centrally located and also conveniently placed to get out of the city by car.

The hotel itself is modern, well decorated and has everything that the business traveller needs. If I had the time to be a tourist I would be more than happy to stay there.

The welcome from the staff on arrival and the standard of service across the hotel is faultless. My room was well proportioned and had plenty of storage space unfortunately I was only staying 24 hours. When I wanted to confirm the direction to the City Centre at reception it was done with warmth and humour, I greatly appreciated that the staff take the time to help visitors to Zagreb.

The wifi was great, after some bad experiences in other hotels recently in the Balkans to find free wifi everywhere in the hotel was great and I was able to catch up with work and friends I had previously missed.

Breakfast was more than expected and generally I would say that was the theme of this hotel - even though I have opinions on how a hotel should be it exceeded everyone of them.

I hope to stay there again in the future, as based on this experience it will be highly enjoyable.

Thank you Hotel International!

1 Thank Jimbo732
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Only a brief, one night stay but the rooms were great and the service excellent. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the centre of the city and easy to find. Could I suggest a coffee machine in the breakfast room, as the freshly brewed offering was not very nice. Other than that a very nice hotel

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel gave me a room so far from the internet signal that my internet hardly worked. They booked me for 1 day when I asked for two days and the key did not work on the room door twice. The rooms are very average and the hotel is in need of a rennovation. The hotel is clean and the breakfast was good but overall this was an average experience. For 75 euros per night I think you can find better in Zagreb!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
InternationalZagreb, Director of Sales at Hotel International, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear johnobrien98,

We appreciate that you took the time and effort to share your impressions and it is unfortunate we did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your remarks regarding the slow internet and we will definitely dig deep into this matter as Wi-Fi is one of our stronges points.
Also, please accept our apologie because room key didn't work properly.

Thank you very much for sharing this experience with us so we can make action right away and I'm very sorry that free early check-in and free up-grade to Superior room didn't help to make your stay more enjoyable.

Hope we will have a chance to welcom you again.

Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I travel a lot due to the nature of my work (Sales manager at a multinational company) and usually during the week I spend my nights in hotels. Each time I come to Zagreb (aprox 80 days per year) I choose to come to this place.

From my point of view, Hotel International is great. The location is very close to the center, a few minutes walking so you can go visit the central square and the pedestrian area by foot. T

he staff is very polite and helpful, I really congradulate them on their professionalism as they were always able to attend my needs and they really know how to value a loyal guest.

The rooms are very spacious and are always kept very clean. The wifi works perfectly, the minibar has all that you could deisire, the beds are quite confortable and allow you to get a good nigths rest after an intensive working day.
The breakfast has everything a champion needs to be fresh and strong before you properly start your day.

I definfitely consider Hotel International as my second home given the time I spend here and I would definitely recommend it everyone coming to Zagreb for both business and touristic trips.

Ciao,
Vlada B.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
InternationalZagreb, Director of Sales at Hotel International, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Vlada B,

Many thanks for the great review. It is such a great pleasure to learn that you found our Hotel as your second home.
Your words are so very generous, and we sincerely thank you for this rewiev.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Slaven Kusina
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern hotel. Breakfest is very good. Spacious rooms. Centerly located (tram stations nearby and walking distance from downtown). I was travelling but its probably a good business hotel. A litle bit pricy bit still a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Roberto_Lambauer,

You are too kind. Thank you so much for sharing your impressions with us.
It's nice to hear you were satisfied with the Hotel and the overall service.

I really hope to see you back soon!

Slaven Kusina