“Outstanding - Simply, The Best”
other travellers have booked this property
Street view at the Main Square and the building Living Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Street view at the Main Square and the building
Living Area
View from the window of Ban Jelaic Square and Main market Dolac
Street view and the building
View from the window
Loggia balcony/ smoking area
Loggia
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sitting corner in the hallway
Hallway detail
Central market Dolac
Loggia detail
Street view
Central market Dolac
Ban Jelacic Square (Main Square)
View from the window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
fufla
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding - Simply, The Best”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My husband and I came to Zagreb for 2 weeks to spend the Christmas and New Year holiday with my family. We have always stayed at Hotel Dubrovnik across the street, and decided to try out a private apartment. All I can say is that it was truly the best experience ever, and I will never go back to the hotel again!

Duda is the absolute best host and took such good care of us. When we arrived to the airport, we discovered our luggage did not come with us; the airline needed to make arrangements for our luggage to be delivered later that night and, before we even met Duda, she was helping us with our lost luggage situation!

When we arrived at the apartment, she showed us around and how everything worked. She also gave us a loaner cell phone which was a godsend to us as my family is all in Zagreb and I didn't have to purchase a temporary mobile phone!

The apartment is stocked with everything you could possibly need. Towels, linens, blankets, pillows, all kitchen ware including dishes, pots, pans, glasses, coffee pot and coffee! There truly was nothing missing! The apartment also has a washer and dryer (which we used), hair dryer, ironing board, vaccum cleaner and the list goes on. There are blinds on the outside of the building which make the rooms nice and dark and great for sleeping.

We were there from Dec 21 to Jan 3 and got to experience the "Best Advent in Europe" and the New Year's Eve party on the square on New Years Eve. The Christmas Market was going on right under our windows and we didn't hear anything. I will admit, we did hear the band on New Year's Eve, but it ended about 1 or 2am and before you knew it, the square was empty. I honestly don't know what the previous reviewer complained about. We were there during the height of the party season in Zagreb, and there was nothing to complain about regarding the noise level. (On another note, I stayed at Hotel Dubrovnik at least 6 times in the past, and they have no black out curtains, and the noise levels at the hotel were significantly higher than at this apartment! Another reason i will NOT go back to the hotel!)

As all my family is in Zagreb, we had the opportunity to entertain them - instead of them always entertaining us! It was so wonderful to have family over to "our" place for a bite to eat, dessert and drinks. We entertained four times during our stay, something that is not possible in a hotel.

Duda is truly a wonderful host. She kept in touch with us via text and wished us a merry Christmas and Happy New Year too! I've never seen a hotel do that! I feel like I made a friend in Duda and I can assure anyone reading this review that we WILL be back to this wonderful apartment!

17 Jan 2017
Dear Helena,
Thank you so much for the great and detailed review. I am even more happier that you felt comfortable in the apartment and had a wonderful time and enjoyed Xmas festivities in Zagreb. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to invite and catch up with your family and felt like at home. I feel great about it. Hope to see you again! Thank you! Best regards, D.
cbianchi2...
San Francisco, California
“City Classic Zagreb”
Reviewed 2 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Owner Dubravka was very kind host, concerned about our comfort during our stay in her apartment in Zagreb.
Unit very nicely furnished and spacious.
True classic Zagreb apartment.
However if you want to sleep at night I can not in good conscience recommend this property.
Very noisy at all hours of the night: garbage trucks, street cleaning, delivery trucks, drunken people screaming under the windows until early morning.
Nearby clubs playing loud music, all this with windows closed!
Other than the noise ( it is a big deal to most) the property is nice and very central
Would not return to this location.
Again owner was very nice!

9 Jan 2017
Dear Cathy, thank you for the review. I will take it into consideration. I am sorry that you did not fulfill your expectations staying in the heart of the city during the preparations for the xmas time celebrations. I hope you enjoyed your time in Zagreb! Kind regards, D.
leonie r
Geraldton, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Absolutely amazing - apartment wonderful, so unique in character, comfortable, welcoming and everything and more you could want. Location is superb and Duda is a very kind and generous host who genuinely wishes that you have an awesome time in her apartment and in Zagreb. If you are reading this review don't bother looking to stay anywhere else City Classic Apartment is the place to stay. Duda we cannot thank you enough - you are the best - a very kind, thoughtful and beautiful lady - we loved Zagreb, the apartment and wish only heaps of happiness to you and your family.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Aug 2016
Dear Leonie,
I am really grateful and pleased with your kind review. It was wonderful to meet you and Jenny. I enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know you both and hear about your beautiful family trip. Thank you for taking care and leaving the apartment in such a tidy and clean condition. I hope you´ve brought home a lot of memories from Croatia and your Zagreb days! Wishing you all the best, I hope to see you again ! Love, D.
Marvin O
Lincoln, California
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Duda's apartment for four days and it was a wonderful experience. From the start, Duda was very communicative and helpful. The apartment is her former family home and as such, it is well maintained and cared for and includes everything needed for a stay. The location is superb, right in the middle of everything, and still quiet and restful. The fact that it had an elevator, also was very beneficial. Duda arranged for taxi pick-up at the airport, she met us at the boundary of the pedestrian zone to guide us to the apartment, she arranged for a private guided walking tour with Petra (the best we have ever experienced) and she gave us all sorts of useful information. She truly loves meeting people and truly loves her former family home. Duda is the ultimate host and we appreciate the opportunity to have been the beneficiaries of her gracious hospitality.

mlo/sao

Liked best: The owner
Liked least: The weather
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
13 May 2016
Dear Marvin,
It was my pleasure to meet you. Thank you very much for such a kind and wonderful review, I appreciate it a lot. It makes me feel so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and in Zagreb. I hope you would bring nice memories back home and it would be nice to see you on another occasion again. All the best and kind regards, Duda
julies27
melbourne
“Classic style and comfort in amazing location”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Friends recently asked me where they should stay in Zagreb and I realised that I had not posted this review but luckily I had written notes! I cannot recommend this property highly enough. The location is excellent, in a pedestrian zone in central Zagreb, opposite Hotel Dubrobnik and 1 minute walk to the Main Street of Ilica, trams and a couple of minutes to Dolac market. Many shops, restaurants and bears at the doorstep. The apartment is very spacious, with high ceilings, bright with large windows letting in lots of light. The style is classic with an Art Deco feel, beautiful polished parquet floors, family antiques mixed well with modern pieces. There are 2 large bedrooms with very comfortable beds, crisp sheets with fluffy comforters. There are lots of homely touches everywhere and great information on things to do and see. Duda is such an attentive host who immediately feels like an old friend. She thinks of everything, the extra touches included coffee pods, milk, juice, chocolate and snacks for the kids. A mobile phone was provided for our use. In the second bedroom there was a desk and laptop and printer, very handy. The apartment is on the 4th floor and is accessed by a quaint lift, it is a very secure building. There were some works going on in the building at the time and we had issues with the hot water in the kitchen, a quick call to Duda saw her rush over and sort it out very quickly. Duda organised a driver to take us to the airport. Excellent service all around, we will most definitely stay here if we are ever in Zagreb again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Light, bright, stylish clean, great location.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Feb 2016
Dear Julie. Mark and family, it was a great surprise to hear from you and to get such a great review! Thank you so much for being so kind and remembering so many details. The review is amazing! I am really glad and happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to be able to see you again.! A lots of regards from Zagreb, Duda
Judith S
Bowmanville, Canada
“Perfect hostess!”
Reviewed 20 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Duda is a remarkable, thoughtful and delightful hostess - couldn't have been more helpful. Apartment is immaculately clean and perfectly provisioned - up to and including a bottle of beer in the fridge! Apartment location is very central and close to the old town - at most a 10 minute walk away. The only drawback is that the bedrooms face the promenade and it was very, very noisy into the wee hours (5:00 am) on Friday and Saturday nights. This could easily be remedied with the installation of heavy drapes and/or ear plugs.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
14 Feb 2016
Dear Judith and Audrey, thank you for the great review. It makes me happy to hear that you felt comfortable and enjoyed Zagreb walks! I am sorry for some late night street noise, it is the very heart of the city and sometime young people don´t consider this area as a living neighborhood. I certainly plan to make it much less noticeable in the near future, to change the whole windows system! I really hope to see you again on another occasion! Greetings from Zagreb, Duda
LoyalFox
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect Hostess & Location”
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Very spacious two-bedroom, 1.5 bathroom [one very large bathroom & a powder room in the entrance which is not mentioned in the ad -- but is very handy if more than two are travelling].

Little alley leading into the apartment didn't look promising -- but we stepped into an old-world large space -- huge entryway, large bedrooms, high ceilings.

Hostess Duda VERY helpful; arranged our transport from the airport, gave us tourist literature & told us she would be available any time by cell phone.

Apartment extremely well-equipped, right down to coffee pods for that early-morning "fix" [especially welcome]

For smokers, there is a small enclosed balcony with large windows opening into the central courtyard; you must be very quiet there, respectful of the neighbours.

I hate to say anything negative because Duda is SO wonderful - but a couple of small things would make this even better. HEAVY lined drapes would shut out the street lights from the pedestrian mall & help to cut the noise from the drunken youths who howled on the street until 5 AM.
f you are staying on a weekend, take ear plugs; not the hostess' fault, of course -- unemployment & boredom lead to such evening revelries in many countries :)

Location is superb! We walked everywhere from this apartment. Nearby there are banks, a large grocery store, restaurants and more.

Liked best: Hostess & location
Liked least: Light curtains on huge windows
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
14 Feb 2016
Dear Audrey and Judith, thank you for the great and kind review. I am so glad that you liked your stay and I am sorry for the late night street noise. Due to a very central city location, off the main square, some noise is unavoidable, but I am considering changing the whole windows system which would certenly be an improvement ! Wishing you all the best and I hope to see you again! King regards, Duda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing