“good value”

Ranked #57 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
UK
“good value”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had one of the 'dependansas' which I'd already gleaned from other reviews means 'in the weird warehouse out back'. And it is weird.... dodge round the 4 deep goods vans parked outside, to enter a warehouse with boxes stacked in front of you and travel up to the top floor in a lift with carpeted walls and ceiling! The rooms themselves were quite modern however, and clean and well heated. It actually turned out that it's probably better to be in those rooms, as the bar underneath the hotel was still in full swing at 3am on the Saturday night, so the ones in the actual hotel may have been pretty noisy.

The location is pretty convenient, with the Prisavje stop directly outside for trips into the city and a bit down the road for the way back. Staff were helpful, keeping our bags for us on the last day and calling us a taxi back to the airport (which was actually cheaper if there are 3/4 of you than getting the airport bus). We also liked the Biker's Beer Pub almost opposite.

Room Tip: go for the strange warehouse rooms!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I didn't mind so much the broken elevator, and the three flight walk up to the "second floor", though I did find it fascinating that no one was looking into fixing it. I did mind the roaches on the breakfast spread though. When I showed the waiter he took the plate to the back and then brougtht it out again, as if they changed all the food on the plate. Roaches came out from under the coffee machine a few days later. There is an outdoor area in the back yard that is nice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank N K

Travellers are raving about these Zagreb hotels

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The hotel has a good location because there is a tram stop right in front of it but it is not walking distance to the city centre. It has a parking lot. The neighborhood seems vierd at first but, there are couple of restaurants around. We ate at the mexican restaurant across the street, it was OK. The rooms are clean but very basic, we stayed at a renovated room but the building is old. The elevator was not working so we had to climb to third floor but nobody seemed to care about it or tried to fix it. We stayed only for one night so it was OK for us but I wouldn't choose it for a long term stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nora71
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for more than a week. The room and the bathroom was clean and neat. If you don't care about the other area of this hotel but your room, then this is a good choice.
The elevator was off and I had to wait for 3 days before they fixed the air conditioning and the TV. The worst part of all is one of the lady staff named Maia or Maya (at least that's how it's sound). She's very rude to the guest, not only me but some of my friends at different room said so. She's not very helpfull. If we speak nice then she's nice, but when we ask her to do something more, which is actually her job, she spoke rudely and yelled at us. VERY BAD PERSON FOR THE BUSSINESS!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank janekalleyah
uk
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I went as part of our annual lads weekend away. Single rooms booked, and obtained. Room one at the front of the hotel noisy due to tram / traffic and blind did not work. My room good but safe did not work, and another safe did not work in another room. We were able to share the safes, but very laissez faire about them not working. Sleep quality good, but very small single rooms. Hot water and clean. Location wise, just outside is the tram stop that whisks you into town, and just up the road (2 tram stops) the brew pub :)
Breakfast good, with a selection of hot and cold food - very nice bread!! Miserable female receptionis - really miserable (proper Basil Fawlty). Pub prices in Movie pub too expensive (20 Kuna a half litre). The Biker bar / Harley just opposite much cheaper and witha cheap fast food outlet (giant burger a must).
For the price very good.. I would stay there again, if in Zagreb and looking for a budget clean accomodation.

Room Tip: Request a back room not a road facing room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank skr80
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Located about 4 klms from City centre but tram stop at the front door. 8 Kuna for 90min. Hotel has a movie theme and regular theme nights which u can attend. Cooked breakfast included and hotels also does evening meals. Menu is in Croatian. Food was ok and hotel offered good value.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank SOIO61
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I stayed there for three days and on the first day I left some money (40 - 60 €) inside a small pocket of a handbag inside my luggage and next day when I looked for it wasn't there. I spoke with the manager, but he didn't solve anything. So as advice, do not leave valuable things in the hotel.

I reserved on what they call "depadansa", that was cheaper. It is an industrial premise next to the hotel in the backside. Entering there is a peculliar experience, hehe, for example, the elevator is a goods lift covered with red fitted carpet :D.

The hotel is located in Savska Cesta, on of the main streets in Zagreb which has a quite a lot traffic, so it is quite noisy. Then being in the "depadansa" was something good as it was quite quiet.

About the location, it has a tram in front of the hotel but it takes around 20-25min to reach the center.

Ah! They asked for my passport on checkin and kept it until I payed. I am not sure if that is legal. Ah! and they didn't give me any kind of invoice or bill.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends