“Very good food!!!”

Price range: US$4 - US$69
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "A la Carte" "Manhattan Restaurant "with a delicious blend of American, European and National cuisine for 60-120 persons .Its exquisite design,pleasant atmosphere and marvelous cuisine are the necessary ingredients of a perfect party."Manhattan Lounge Bar"- with design that looks like bars from "Little Italy", Manhattan, New York, USA. Roof Terrace for open air parties; We are open 7 days a week from 07.00 a.m to 11.00 p.m.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I went there with my husband for a romantic evening. We ordered the Chef''s tasting a delightful 2 course meal with impeccable service. The waitress new every detail and her descriptions of the meals made you want it more. The flavors were rich and presented in a manner that was like artwork on the plate. Highly recommend this place.

Corina J, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks alot for your review. We will be very happy to to see you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Thought I would give kinder review, but realising we paid 20 euros for a wine that cost 2.50 at the airport, I have deided to write whole account of our evening at this establishment. Firstly, I can't believe the other reviews. I must have either dined in a wrong restaurant or everyone had a really bad day. So how it went?
We sat down, ordered champagne first, in English. Another waitress arrived. We spoke both English and Russian, two of three languages menu was written in, but no luck. Okay, we showed her on the menu what we wanted. She returned five minutes later with paper and pen to take our order again. Another five minutes later she said they don't have the pumpkin soup I ordered. Okay, I though, no fuss, I exchanged it for a salad. Later on she came and said they don't have the fussili I've ordered either. Okay, I changed it to spaghetti. She came again and said something, I didn't understand. I found later the meat for spaghetti was unavailable but they at least can make them with chicken.

Thirty minutes into the dinner our champagne arrived. Apparently they didn't have it in stock, but they were kind enough to run to the nearest shop and get it for us. That's very kind of them, the problem was it was warm and unchilled. The waitress that opened it left the cork and leftover wrap on our table, no ice bucket was provided. Hour and something into the dinner my salad arrived. The vegetables were nice and fresh, but what makes a salad salad? Yes, you've guessed it, dressing. No such luck. Mains arrived. My food was good, it tasted nice. My husband's as well, but the problem was he ordered calf, not chicken. Then we ordered another bottle of wine. Turned out they charged it tenfold. The wines available are huge problem in this restaurant as the wine list on the menu is quite extensive, but then they actually have three available and are charging insane money for them.

But what the heck, okay. Another waitress, the one who brought us champagne, she was nice and friendly, took our dessert order and recommended the cake of the house with an ice cream. The cake was good but dry. I bake shortbread so I know the texture was not right. Where did we encounter the same cake? On our breakfast buffet, but this one was at least fresh. So we were recommended the leftovers from breakfast so they could have gotten rid of them?

I think the whole fare lasted two and half hours. We actually decided not to complain as we didn't wish to ruin our weekend and decided to enjoy and laugh about this crazy restaurant and guess what else might go wrong. Also, another foreign guests of the hotel were having dinner there and they seemed to be waiting for their food for quite some time too.
Overall, food is good but there's a small chance you'll get what you've initially ordered. They don't seem to be stocked well which would be fine by me, but then don't give me such an extensive menu to choose from. Value for money was not good, especially for the wines. Atmosphere is nice but the services you recieve don't reflect it. I would suggest going elsewhere and avoiding disappointment and overcharging. And very, very chaotic service. Or go and enjoy a soap opera that your dinner service will turn into :)

3  Thank Tinde_K
Corina-Jarcutchii, Director Executive at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guests,

We are very sorry for that situation you have been and for disliking our services.
We wish to see you again in our restaurant,but you likes our dishes.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

the restaurant offers wide range of moldovian wines and fresh fishes. Both at reasonable prices. Knowledge of english is poor, so do not expect fluent communication

Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Guest, What a wonderful review, thank you so much. You have been a brilliant guest!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Excellent food and very extensive menu. We had the kebabs and the chicken. Both dishes were superb. The breakfast is also really good

Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Guest, What a wonderful review, thank you so much. We hope to see you again and we will be glad to have you as our special guest. Kind regards, Corina Jarcutchii.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

you can try all kind of cooking, they can find you very good local wine. for more interest, they can organized you a visit of wine production with meal. breakfast is good with continental and british art. restaurant do very good meal with fresh products.

1  Thank JFR1965
CSJ_23, General Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Good Day for Manhattan Hotel & Restaurant!

Dear Jean-Francois,many thanks for your reviews.
Thank you for your staying with us and if you travel back to Moldova we would be very pleased to welcome you at Manhattan Hotel & Restaurant !

With consideration,