“"A comedy of errors" 2”

Price range: US$4 - US$69
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "A la Carte" "Manhattan Restaurant "with a delicious blend of American, European and National cuisine for 60-120 persons .Its exquisite design,pleasant atmosphere and marvelous cuisine are the necessary ingredients of a perfect party."Manhattan Lounge Bar"- with design that looks like bars from "Little Italy", Manhattan, New York, USA. Roof Terrace for open air parties; We are open 7 days a week from 07.00 a.m to 11.00 p.m.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“"A comedy of errors" 2”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were really looking forward to a nice dinner at the Manhattan restaurant. It was my husband's first visit to my motherland. After reading all the nice reviews I decided to take him to Manhattan restaurant. I did not expect that the "Comedy of errors" (see review of Tina K.) would perform that same evening.

We got 1 menu card for 2 persons, so we had to take turns to make our choices. My husband wanted a Becks beer which was not available so he chose a Stella Artois. When his glass was half empty he decided to try a local beer. The waitress was so "helpful" that she opened the bottle and poured the Chisinau beer on top of the Stella. Well, he got a nice beer cocktail so he could really experience the taste of the "true" Moldovan beer.

After taking our order the waitress came back with pen and paper to write down our order again. My husband ordered a dish with mixed mushrooms as appetizer and I ordered a dish with grilled egg plant and peppers. For the main course we both ordered the Moldovan specialty: roast beef in a clay pot. A little later the waitress came back and explained there were only champignons available for the mixed mushroom dish. We said it was fine.

After waiting for a long while we finally got our appetizers and at the same time 1 main course was served. The appetizer was already cold. I was surprised that they serve the main course together with the appetizer so I asked if my main course was delayed. The waitress told me I did not order any. She tried to convince me that we only ordered 1 main dish, which was definitely not the case! And I placed the order in Romanian, as I noticed she did not speak either English or Russian. I wanted to order the same dish again, but she said it was impossible because it would take way too long.

Then she brought the menu card again so I could make a new choice. I ordered a carp, but she returned to tell me that the only avalaible fish on the extensive list was salmon. So I decided to order the rabbit, but she tried to convince me to order chicken instead. However, I insisted on my choice. When she came back from the kitchen she said that there were only 3 meet choices available: porc, beef and chicken. Once more, she highly recommended me to take the chicken.

But I decided to stick with my first choice and told her that I did not mind the long waiting time for the clay pot with roast beef. She explained that it was not possible because they did not have any clay pots available at that moment. This was very "amusing" as we were the only guests in the whole restaurant at that time. "Luckily" the waitress was very creative and suggested the perfect solution. My husband should pour the contents of his clay pot on his plate, so they could use his clay pot again to prepare my food. I was already so fed up with everything that I told her we would just share the 1 main dish together.

To summarize:
The quality of the food was fine.
The prices were also ok.
The service was "not available" just like many of the items on the menu. But if you are a salmon or chicken fan they have an "extenisve" menu to choose from. :-)

We understand that people make mistakes and that sometimes not all the ingredients are on stock. Any apology or excuse would have made a difference, but this was not available either.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Alina A
Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our food and the prices. We will do our best to improve the menu. We do hope to see you again in our hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

High Quality Food to an excellent Price. Yet, Long waiting time to get the Food. Don´t let the waiter choosing the wine...you will get the most (but not best) wine in Chisinau

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marcel_C_ZH
Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest we really appreciate your
gesture to write for us a nice review !We are very pleased to hear kind words from our guests and to share beautiful moments with each of you!Waiting for you with pleasure to enjoy our Foods on restaurant !!!
Iasi, Romania
“Cozy atmosphere and wonderful kitchen”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very nice place to spend a romantic evening with beloved person. We were met very warmly with smiling faces.Manhattan restaurant has various kitchens and good service. Romantic saxofon music, candle blinking, sparkling wine in a glass made our evening unforgettable!

• Visited August 2013
Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to have your Romantic dinner in our restaurant.We are happy that you liked it! We invite you to come back !
Chisinau, Moldova
“Great dinner and night out”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Enjoyed the food and our stay at the Restaurant.

The service and atmosphere was excellent.

We had a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2013
Corina J, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your review. We will be very happy to to see you again!
uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I went there with my husband for a romantic evening. We ordered the Chef''s tasting a delightful 2 course meal with impeccable service. The waitress new every detail and her descriptions of the meals made you want it more. The flavors were rich and presented in a manner that was like artwork on the plate. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Corina J, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks alot for your review. We will be very happy to to see you again!