“not at all 4 stars hotel”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in Chisinau
Reviewed 23 June 2014

where to satrt from, let's say the staff is nice and ready to help and that's all, we booked an apartment room for a family of four , nice big rooms but our bathhrom was almost on the top of the toilet, very tiny room with shower and toilet, (for a family of four we had only one medium size very poor quality towel) the toilet was so close to the shower that every time we had a shower we had to call them to clean and dry the toilet beacuse it was impossible to use it. there is no breakfast only tea or coffee and a small croissant from the supermarket , they have no kitchen and all the food you order they will have it delivered to you from out and is not nice. no acces for prums or disable . at the end if your late for checkout you have to pay for every hour you where late (they don't tell you this at the begginig ) , that's all . never will stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela E

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My colleague booked 2 rooms on line (seemed that the price was ok and the rooms looked nice) and received emailed confirmation. When we arrived we were told that they were full but would accommodate us nearby..... we were shown alternative rooms about 10 minutes away in a private appartment which were - well - just about ok, although not as good as the main hotel and the website - and no breakfast, no restaurant.... we could order takeaway! Anyway, my trusted and sensible colleague said no so we went back to the hotel where they miraculously found us 2 nice rooms, just like on the website - as we'd expected. We noticed that the tariff in reception listed our rooms at a much higher rate, so clearly they take internet bookings by offering an attractive rate and then place you elsewhere (for a lower cost to them) and then continue to sell the actual hotel rooms for more money. The food took 1.5hrs to arrive - was not that great - and our continental breakfast was 1 cup of tea + 2 mini croissants - so we won't go back.

Room Tip: Just make sure you know what you have booked and insist you get it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy1623
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is in a residential area, but not easy to find. Ask for directions, taxi drivers are preferable.
The hotel is not big, but somewhat welcoming. It has private parking for only 2 cars. It also features a round the clock restaurant, but the prices are high and the food is not that great, if you're lucky, like us, you might get a cold dinner with your overpriced order. Order take out.
We got the economy room, which was really big. It featured a queen sized bed, a flat screen tv, big wardrobe, lots of mirrors,a desk, night stands, two carpets and a couch. It was decorated in a modern-kitsch style, featuring a glimmering fake snake skin double bed, red walls and red furniture, that wasn't particularly disturbing.
The room has it's own bathroom, but it is not suitable for tall people since the ceiling is at an angle. I'm 1,63 and i had to crouch to wash my hands. The bathroom was disgustingly unclean. The shower started to flood since the drain was clogged with hair and grime. Guess who had to fix it since their people would just smile and do nothing.
The carpets in the room hadn't a much happier fate either. Also full of dirt and hair. I think they had never been vacuumed.
In terms of wifi access, it had it and was really good, though the network they suggest for the 3rd floor does not exist. They probably don't know to set their router. Search for the full signal one.
The tv didn't feature any channels in English. There are a few in Romanian, but the majority is Russian or doubled in, you've guessed it, Russian.
In terms of service, Mihaela was really great. She helped us with valuable info about the city and tried to meet our needs as best as she could. I cannot say that about the others since we were treated like the poor relatives come to visit because we refused to pay the rooms in anything else but MDL since their exchange rate was pure rip off. They don't accept credit cards.
There was no cleaning service, except when i asked them to clean the drain. They didn't. Don't expect fresh towels every day either, and bring your own toiletries. They only provide 2 small shower gels and a hand soap.
Overall the room was big and featured a great internet connection, but it lacks cleanliness and service. It is also quite far from the centre (they advertise differently). It's a 40min walk. Breakfast is extra, and judging by the quality of the dinner, I advise against paying for breakfast. Eat something in the centre, you will always find some venue with delicious food.
They say it is 4 star hotel, and charge 35E for the cheapest room. It is NOT 4star, far from it, and for that amount you can do better and closer to the centre.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zbiutza
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Were there with my family (2 kids). Safe parking, nice administrator, clean and spasious room, and the price was good then (59€ a night )
Downside would be the smell of bleach in the reception area, but as they offer quite good sauna and pool service, it must be inevitable

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maarit G
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I spent two nights with some colleagues in this HOSTEL. I booked thru internet and I have checked in but we were hungry and we went for dinner. When we come back they said that they have no more rooms and they gave us two rooms instead of three. After some not so polite words they send me to another hotel. In the first morning the hotel was out of hot water. when we wanted to pay they said that the price on booking is wrong and they wanted to extracharge us for almost double. I had to argue with them, to call booking and finally ( after one and half hour) they accepted the booking price.
So I would not reccomend this so called hotel. Very difficult to find, strange area, no restaurants, caffe shops or walking area around.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank dan p
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Hotel has service to a level one only finds in the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok. Was in Moldova for my best friends wedding. My stay here was extremely pleasant to say the least. They helped me with taxis, gave me good advice and even gave me a pleasant conversation during meal times when I was seated alone in the dining room. I would definately visit this hotel again one day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank boristu154
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Very reasonable price for a good level of accomodation. My room was more like a suite and I was very impressed with the quality of the furnishings. Staff were superb. Helpful in every way and always pleasant to talk to. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Free Wi-fi which worked a treat. Occasional street noise; especially nearer weekend
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business