“The best in Chisinau”

Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Chisinau
Bucharest, Romania
“The best in Chisinau”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I think this is by far the best hotel in Chisinau. It’s an intimate boutique hotel located in what it is considered to be “the” residential area of Chisinau. I spent time to visit the other 4 star hotels but their only advantage (if it can be called this way) is their downtown location. If you ask me, I wouldn’t trade the comfort I had in the Budapest hotel for an “unfriendly no personal touch” room in a downtown hotel.
They gave me a suite (not necessary since the standard rooms are pretty large but appreciated their offer). Everything was spotlessly clean. The sheets had a very fresh (kinda of flowerish) scent. Good selection of toiletries including tooth paste and new tooth brush. Breakfast was one of the best I had in a long time. I’m fasting these days and expected very few options. On the contrary, I had a lot to choose from and the food was extremely delicious (true organic homemade food). Tip: ask for the apple pie and the egg plant salad.
But what I truly appreciated about this hotel was the staff’s attitude. They all seem to have “we value our client” glare. I arrived late and departed bright and early in the morning (around 4:30 am). On both occasions they greeted me with smiley faces and accommodated all my requests. I will definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for the fabulous feedback, I have communicated your comments to the team and they were delighted.
It gives me great pleasure when our hard work and efforts are recognized on such forums.
I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
East Midlands
Reviewed 2 February 2011

This is hotel is amazing, the rooms are huge and very clean, we stayed 3 nights and my friends stayed 2 nights, we travel the world and stay in top hotels, the reception staff are the best, they go above the call of duty and they speak and understand english!, I left my present for my son and they put it in the post for me!, the breakfast is very good, and the guy who picks you up the airport is really cool!, he doesnt mind taking you to get your money changed or anything else! on our return the hotel PAID for out taxi!!, us boys are coming in Feb, as seasoned travellers we know when we get good service!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank global_geezer1
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review.
Your compliments of Budapet Hotel are greatly appreciated. We are pleased that we are now at the top of your favorite places and we look forward to continue to impress you with our friendly and outstanding service.
We hope to host you again when your travel plans bring you back to Chisinau.
milano
Reviewed 14 September 2010

it vas very nice spending 2 days at your hotel, the service was excellent, good food and nice atmosphere. the stuff was very professional and helpful. good job.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank mario_popescu
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
Dear Mr Mario Popescu , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent visit to Budapest Hotel. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the facilities our hotel has to offer.
Hope to see you soon at Budapest Hotel
USA
Reviewed 23 April 2010

This hotel does have it all. Very good location, great bar, very clean rooms and a nice inside pool.
I can say only good words about this hotel. I was surprised to see that such a place can be animated by the staff. I have to mention here that the ladies from the Reception were all the time friendly and willing to help me. I can definitely say that they showed professionalism all the way.
The restaurant in the morning has a good selection of breakfast ,very delicious and the staff were always ready to satisfy my demands.
I would recommnand this hotel to anybody who wants a comfortable and friendy atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
DjulietaGodoroja, Djulieta Godoroja owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Dear Guest,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with Budapest Hotel. With all the choices of places to stay in Chisinau we are most honored you choose us. Your compliments of our location and the area is very much appreciated as well our breakfast buffet and service is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Looking forward to have you at Budapest Hotel again.
Arnhem
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Almost only positive things to report except maybe the fact that the restaurant is not a non-smoking area (I experencied that more often on my trip on the Balkan). If I would go to Chisinau again, I would personally choose a hotel nearer to the centre. It's about a 15 minutes walk from the hotel to the main boulevard but the walk is through a safe neighbourhood (embassies with guards walking the streets). The hotel recommended for an excursion to famous monasteries Mr. Valery Bradu. Excellent tour guide and driver!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
DjulietaGodoroja, Godoroja Djulieta owner of Budapest Hotel at Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2010
Dear Guest,
Your compliments of the Budapest Hotel are greatly appreciated.We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest and it is nice to know ehen we succeeded.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a wonderful review.
I will be a great pleasure to us to have you back at Budapest Hotel.
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Stayed here a weekend. The hotel has a free airport shuttle service.
The whole staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was huge, well equipped and very clean. It is definetly a four star hotel even if it is not big. The breakfast has an à la carte menu included and the restaurant was well decorated in a calm and bright style. Together with friends I hired a car from the hotel with driver, for a trip to a monastery some 50 kilometers from the city. Not expensive at all. The hotel is situated in a quiet and safe area with embassies around.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to all travellers to Chisinau.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Arne62
Hunedoara, Romania
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel severl nights and i liked a lot. Very quite , clean and modern.
I liked a lot the park zone where is situated, i had ride the bike that hotel staff offer me with no charge, I spent wonderful time in the park.
My room was so clean and so worm
I defenetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business