“B&B in Bucharest”

Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest
Ranked #6 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 11 August 2014

In a city not noted for a superfluity of outstanding hotels, the Blu is a modern, well-appointed and comfortable hotel in the heart of the City. It has everything you need for business and leisure alike. Staff are helpful and friendly, prices reasonable, and food good. What you would expect from a chain but well done all the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil M
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Phil,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest.

Because your feedback is valuable to us and we have noticed the 3 star rating, we would very much appreciate if you could help us at daniela.dumitrescu@radissonblu.com with more details in regards to the points for which the quality of our services was not 100% up to your expectations. Our guests' feedback is valuable to us and represents the main guideline for improving the quality of our services. Therefore your support will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you again soon!

Kind Regards
Daniela Dumitrescu

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at the Radisson for a month and it was a great home away from home. It has everything. The restaurants are great and offer a variety. The breakfast which is included is phenomenal it has everything-an omelet station, fruit, yogurt, breads, cheeses, meats, veggies, cappuccino, fruit juices, tea. The pool is very nice there is an outdoor and indoor. I would recommend if you want to use the pool on weekends-go down and put a towel and something on a chair while you eat breakfast. It gets very crowded! I used the health club which was nice, I even did a few yoga classes while I was there. The instructors were great - one did the class in English for me. The health club, classes and their pool is included with your stay which is a plus. The health club also has a steam room, sauna and hot tub. I also have to compliment the cleaning ladies-they do a great job. My room was always very clean and the turn down service-every night was an added appreciated special touch. Even when I was in the room they would ask if I needed anything. The whole experience was great. The only improvement I would suggest is to monitor the hallways a little more on the busy weekends. There were 2 weekends that were very loud and very late. Doors constantly slamming. Otherwise the hotel is wonderful with everything you need. Wifi is free and very fast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review!

First of all we are pleased to read we managed to offer you a comfortable stay and you enjoyed our hotel.

We took notice of your comment regarding the noise on the hallways during the weekends and we apologize for the inconvenient. We totally understand how important is for our guests to benefit a quit environment therefore we promise to do our best for such incidents not to happen again.

On behalf of our entire team here, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Perfect hotel at centre of Bucharest. Staff is friendly and all facilities are available like nice pool, good spa several restaurants. All very nicely decorated and spotless clean. I can recommend this hotel to everybody. I am a regular guest in this hotel for over 7 years.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We planned a family vacation at the Radisson Blu. We chose it specifically because of the 1 suite they offered, which enabled us all to be at the same unit ( we were 5 people).
We ordered 2.5 months in advanced and received confirmation
When we got to the hotel we were told that the customer who was using the suite decided to extend his stay and therefore we could not receive this one suite we ordered. Which is of course outrageous - how can you extend a customer's stay if the room is already reserved.
Another separate incident is when we went to have breakfast and were told that our deal does not include breakfast. our booking.com confirmation clearly stated we did.
Accidents and misunderstandings happen, but what was most frustrating was the staff attitude .they did not find it necessary to be helpful and attentive or emphatic. they did not see a need to "solve our problem". This is too bad because the facilities are good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gali_Gonen
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We carefully read it and we deeply apologize for all inconveniences. For us our guests’ comfort is the main priority therefore we sincerely regret these incidents. I have discussed with the involved departments and in what regards the booked apartment, it is true that one of our long stay guests decided in the last minute to extend his stay and that is why another room was allocated but we guarantee that we strived for you to get the same quality comfort in the new room. We apologize if this was not according to your preferences.

Concerning breakfast, we are sorry for the confusion – my colleagues informed me that the confusion was caused by an additional reservation in the system on the same name but without including breakfast. We take the blame for it and promise that we will do our best for such incidents not to happen again.

Not least, our staff is the heart of our activity and therefore your notification is a valuable feedback to us. We deeply regret if their attitude seemed inappropriate and we will take measures in this respect, reminding them and making sure that all the team understands and applies every day the "Yes, I can!" principles.

Once we apologize for everything and thank you for your understanding. We hope we will have another chance to prove the quality of our services and to make it up to you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. The location is great, there is the Romanian National Museum of Art, the beautiful University Library and the Revolution Square just a few minutes walking from the hotel. We rented a car but the hotel doesn't have a parking lot, so we had to park our car in the street which was a little hard to find a spot.
The restaurants inside the hotel are really good but they're not cheap. One of them is an Italian restaurant that has really good food and is the most affordable one. Our room faced the street, I was a little worried it would be noisy during the night but I was surprised it was really quiet. There is an outdoor pool that is not heated and a heated pool. The gym is really good, so is there spa. I may sound phony but I cannot think of anything bad about this hotel, everything met beyond our expectations. Our group of 4 friends were very happy. I would definitely stay at Radisson Blu in Bucharest again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are grateful for your kind review and thrilled to hear you enjoyed the quality of our services.
Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I did an adventure trip through Eastern Europe with my sons, and after two nights in a night train we needed a hotel in July. As far as I have seen, the Radisson is the only city hotel that offers an outdoor pool, which is clearly a pro when traveling w/ kids. The pool is amazing, large, well served w/ a bar and life music. The hotel offers a spa and a gym. The lobby is spacious and the interior well designed. The rooms are okay, I missed a separate shower. The way to the pool and spa was a bit hidden. The breakfast was fine, cold and warm, and offered a huge variety. The hotel is located in the city centre, one can reach all major sightseeing places by foot. The service is okay; I booked a suite w/ an extra bed, and the bed wash´t ready when checking in (what should be), but the service could fix it immediately (which is fine). Like all chain hotels, the design isn´t "typical Bucharest", but you get a high standard without any risk. That´s what we´ve looked for and we were very satisfied.

Room Tip: We had a suite in the 5th floor, which was spacious and well equipped.